JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 Analysis – The exam analysis of JEE Main 2020 B.E / B.Tech on January 08, 2020, is available below. In shift 1, students reviewed that maths and physics were moderate to difficult and chemistry was moderate to easy. In shift 2, physics was difficult, maths was moderate and chemistry was easy as per the students. Experts claim that Maths was the hardest section and Physics was the easiest section in both the shifts. Check memory based questions and answers, live updates from the center, weightage of the topics asked in the exam, expected cutoff marks, etc. of the 8 Jan 2020 exam from below.
Latest: Get analysis of JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 shift 1 and 2 by experts and students from below. JEE Main 9 Jan 2020 analysis is available!!
JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 Analysis
Exam: JEE Main 2020 B.E. / B.Tech
For: Admission in B.E and B.Tech courses
Result Date: 31 Jan 2020
JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 Analysis By Coaching Centers
From below check what the experts of JEE Main 2020, feel about the exam held on January 08, 2020. Below we have provided the analysis by the experts of Resonance:
Shift 1 and 2: Distribution of class 11 and 12 syllabus
|Subject||Class 11 – Shift 1||Class 12 – Shift 1||Class 11 – Shift 2||Class 12 – Shift 2|
Shift 1 and 2: Difficulty level of the subjects
As per the experts at Resonance, the difficulty level in both the shifts was highest for Maths. Physics was the easiest of all and the moderate section was chemistry.
|Subject||Shift 1||Shift 2|
Shift 1 and 2: Weightage of topics
As per the Resonance experts the number of questions asked in the topics of each subject is given in the table below:
a: Topics and number of questions asked in Maths
|Maths topics||Questions in Shift 1||Questions in Shift 2|
|Fundamentals of Mathematics||–||1|
|Matrix & Determinants||2||2|
|Permutation & Combination||1||1|
|Sequence & Series||2||2|
|Vector and 3D||2||2|
b: Topics and number of questions asked in Physics
|Physics Topics||Questions in Shift 1||Questions in Shift 2|
|Heat & Thermodynamics||2||3|
|SHM & Waves||1||1|
c: Topics and number of questions asked in Chemistry
|Chemistry Topics||Questions in Shift 1||Questions in Shift 2|
|Periodic Table & Periodicity in Properties||2||1|
|d-block & f-block Elements||–||–|
|General Organic Chemistry- II||–||–|
|Alkyl Hallide, Alcohol & Ether||3||1|
|Grignard Reagent, Reduction, Oxidation & Hydrolysis||1||–|
|Practical Organic Chemistry||–||1|
|Organic Reaction Mechanism II||–||1|
|Organic Reaction Mechanism III||–||1|
|Carboxylic Acid and their Derivatives||–||1|
|Chemistry in everyday life||2||–|
|Electronic Effect and its application (GOC-2)||–||–|
|Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry||1||1|
|Atomic Structure & Nuclear Chemistry||1||2|
|Solution & Colligative Properties||1||–|
JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 Analysis Based on Initial Reaction of Students
Just after the exam is over the students who took the exam share their review of the paper and the overall exam. The same is covered in this section. We can check below:
- Overall analysis of 8 Jan 2020 exam
- Shift 1 analysis of 8 Jan 2020 exam
- Shift 2 analysis of 8 Jan 2020 exam
1. Overall analysis based on shift 1 and Shift 2
Check below the section wise difficulty level of the exam based on the reaction of the students of shift 1 and 2 both:
|Most difficult section||Physics|
|Weightage of class 11 and 12||Equal distribution of class 11 and 12 syllabus|
Most asked topics: The below-given topics were asked in the exam
|Chemistry||organic, biomolecules, inorganic chemistry, ionisation enthalpy, environmental chemistry, coordination compounds, d block, hydrolysis,, physical chemistry, p block, metallurgy, alkyne, hydrocarbons, polymers, aldehyde groups, atomic structure, chemistry equilibrium, surface chemistry, Hydrocarbons|
|Maths||probability, arithmetic progression, conic sections, ellipse, integration, calculus, derivative, mathematical reasoning, relations, binomial, definite, sequence and series, area under curves, circle, parabola, statistics, Sets, relations and functions, Permutations and combinations|
|Physics||bulk matter, wave optics, electromagnetics, force, moment of inertia, modern physics, logic gates, kinematics, heat and thermodynamics, electrostatics, current electricity, wave optics, current electricity, modern physics, semiconductors, ray optics, wave optics, unit and dimensions, Rotational motion, Gravitation Laws of motion, electronic devices,|
2. JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 Analysis for Shift 1 by the Students
In B.E / B.Tech paper alone the number of candidates who have registered is 9,21,261. However, in total for JEE Main 2020 exam, 11,18,673 candidates have registered. The exam is being held in 4 days and in 2 shifts each day. The analysis of shift 1 is available below.
Difficulty level of the sections: Today’s paper was tougher than yesterday’s paper as per the students.
|Maths||moderate to difficult and lengthy|
|Physics||moderate to difficult|
|Chemistry||moderate to easy and NCERT based|
What will be cutoff? Students are saying the percentile cutoff will be between 85 to 87.
Class 11 V/S Class 12:
- The syllabus of 11 class was more in physics.
- More of class 12 syllabus was used in maths.
- Chemistry had balanced questions from both classes.
- Overall class 12 syllabus was more in the paper.
Some of the most asked topics of JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 shift 1 exam:
- Chemistry had questions from organic, biomolecules, inorganic chemistry, ionisation enthalpy, environmental chemistry, coordination compounds, d block.
- Physics had questions from wave optics, current electricity, modern physics, semiconductors, logic gates, ray optics, wave optics, thermodynamics, unit and dimensions.
- Maths had questions from probability, arithmetic progression, conic sections, ellipse, parabola, integration, calculus, derivative, mathematical reasoning.
For memory based question and answers of this shift – Click here
At the exam center:
- The verification process at the exam center is taking at least 10 to 15 minutes.
Candidates who had made changes in photo in application form correction of JEE Main 2020, then make sure that the changed photo is printed in the admit card of JEE Main 2020. If not, then do not worry, the same can be resolved at the exam center.
Check below the live video of JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 shift 1 exam straight from the exam center
3. JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 Analysis for Shift 2 by the Students
The number of candidates who have registered for the B.E / B.Tech paper has gone down this year for the Jan attempt as compared to that of last year. This year 9,21,261 have registered, however, in the last year’s Jan attempt 9,29,198 had registered. The analysis of shift 2 is available below after the exam:
Difficulty level of the sections:
|Maths||Moderate and lengthy|
|Physics||Difficult and concept based|
|Chemistry||Easy and NCERT based|
What will be cutoff? The expected cutoff as per the students will be 100 to 150 marks out of 300 marks.
Class 11 V/S Class 12: The syllabus was balanced in the overall paper. However, in maths class 11 syllabus was more as compared to class 12 syllabus.
Some of the most asked topics of JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 shift 2 exam:
- In chemistry, organic and inorgaic questions was balanced. Around 14 questions were asked from inorganic that were NCERT based. There were questions from hydrolysis, coordination compounds, physical chemistry, p block, metallurgy, alkyne, hydrocarbons, polymers, aldehyde groups, biomolecules
- In maths questions were from sets and relations, integration, binomial, definite, sequence and series, area under curves, circle, parabola, statistics, probability, conic sections, mathematical reasoning
- In physics, questions were from bulk matter, wave optics, electromagnetics, force, moment of inertia, modern physics, logic gates, kinematics, heat and thermodynamics, electrostatics, current electricity, optics
For memory based question and answers of this shift – Click here
At the exam center:
- At the center water bottles, pens, and papers are not allowed.
- These are provided inside the center.
Check below the live video of JEE Main 8 Jan 2020 shift 2 exam straight from the exam center
JEE Main 2020 January Exam Facts and Figures
JEE Main 2020 official facts and figures have been released by NTA. The same can be checked below for the B.E / B.Tech paper:
- BE/BTech paper is being held across 567 Centres
Gender/Category wise distribution of Candidates Registered for BE / B.Tech paper
A comparison with last year Jan exam:
|Particulars for January attempt||This year||Last year|
|Total number of candidates registered||11,18,673||11,09,250|
|Candidates registered for B.E/B.Tech paper||9,21,261||9,29,198|
|Candidates registered for B.Arch/B.Plan||B.Arch – 1,38,409|
B.Plan – 5,9003
Changed Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2020 B.E / B.Tech Paper
The following major changes have been made in the exam pattern of JEE Main from the year 2020:
Number 1: The number of questions and the marks in the exam
|Description||Latest changed pattern||Old Pattern|
|Number of questions||75||90|
Number 2: Introduction of the integer type or the numerical answer type questions
- In the new exam pattern, the candidates have to face 5 NAT questions in all the sections of Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- NATs have no negative marking
- NATs are to be answered using a virtual keyboard available on the system of the candidates.
Marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answers: +4
- Wrong answers: -1
- Multiple answers: -1
- Correct NVTs: +4
- Wrong NVTs: 0
Exam pattern of B.E / B.Tech paper is given below:
|Sections||No. of MCQs||No. of NATs||Total Ques||Marks|
Overview of previous year JEE Main analysis – How was the B.E / B.Tech paper last year
You can check below how was the January attempt of JEE Main Jan attempt last year:
- The most difficult section was Physics
- The least difficult section was Chemistry
- The moderate section was Mathematics
Weightage of topics: The topics from where most of the questions were asked are:
- Maths: Binomial Theorem, Complex Numbers, Coordinate Geometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrix & determinants, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Sequence & Series, Trigonometry, Vector & 3D, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics and Quadratic Equation.
- Physics: Electrodynamics, Heat & Thermodynamics, Mechanics, Modern Physics, Optics, SHM & Waves.
- Chemistry: S-block, P-block, Environmental Chemistry, Periodic table and periodicity in properties, Coordination compounds, Metallurgy, Aromatic compounds, Biomolecules, Grignard reagent, reduction, oxidation & Hydrolysis, Organic reaction mechanism, IUPAC & Isomerism, Polymers, Ionic Equilibrium, Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry, Atomic structure and Nuclear chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, Solutions, and colligative properties.
About JEE Main 2020
JEE Main 2020 is held at national level and also at few cities outside India. Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is being held for admission in the B.Tech / B.E, B.Arch and B.Plan courses offered by the NITS, CFTIs, IIITs and many other institutes across the nation. The candidates who are in 10+2 or have passed the same can appear for the exam. The mode of the exam is online and is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
JEE Main Previous Year Analysis
Check the last year’s analysis of the exam from the links below:
|Exam Date||Question Paper and Answer Key||Analysis|
|JEE Main 07 Apr 2019||Check Here||Check Here|
|JEE Main 08 Apr 2019||Check Here||Check Here|
|JEE Main 09 Apr 2019||Check Here||Check Here|
|JEE Main 10 Apri 2019||Check Here||Check Here|
|JEE Main 12 Apr 2019||Check Here||Check Here|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.