|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Students of 11th and 12th are pressurized way too much for cracking the IIT JEE Exam. They are made to believe that it is something phenomenally tough and can only be cracked by being a book-worm 24*7. Well, it is tough but if you have proper guidance and some confidence during the most crucial stage i.e Preparation, then you can sail your ship through. It all depends on how well is your IIT-JEE Preparation. Below are the 10 Tips and Tricks that will help you in Preparation For IIT JEE.
1. Keep Your Focus Right
You have to keep your focus intact right till the end. Diversion of mind may prove to be the biggest mistake you ever did. Have single-minded devotion towards your IIT-JEE Preparation and you’ll achieve all that you want.
2. Identify the Correct Study Material
The most important aspect of your IIT-JEE Preparation is the study material that you select for yourself. You have to make sure that what you have is relevant and covers the entire syllabus. Books that are straightforward and have simpler language should be preferred.
- Click Here for Most Important Reference Books for JEE preparation.
3. Become a Part of a Healthy Study Group
It matters a lot that what kind of people are around you. Try and stay as close as you can to those who are focussed and have a good knowledge base. Exchanging ideas and learning from each other benefits big time.
4. Avoid Over-thinking
Over-thinking is a self-destructive weapon. It leads you to numerous unwanted thoughts and ultimately increases pressure. Have control on your mind and don’t let your thoughts take-over.
Yes, you can! You can really ace the JEE even without coaching classes. In fact the new exam pattern is designed so that it cannot be gamed by coaching. If you are still worried, relax and read more to know how to crack the JEE without coaching.
5. Eat and Sleep Right
You need to stay healthy and fit in order to pursue you Preparation For IIT-JEE. You have to put in your best physical and mental efforts in order to achieve your goal and thus, maintaining a proper eating and sleeping routine is must.
6. Know The Examination Structure
Your preparation will be in the correct direction only when you are well aware about the structure and pattern of the exam. Knowing this will give a clear idea of how you need to move further.
7. Solve Previous Year Papers
The more you’ll practice, the more you’ll inch closer towards your goal. Go for the previous IIT-JEE question papers and enhance your skills.
8. Connect With Official Bulletins Online
These bulletins are available on the official JEE website and can help you in clearing out your doubts.
9. Revise Thoroughly
Revision has time and again proved to be the one of the most effective ways of learning. Revise as much as you can.
10. Take Breaks at Regular Intervals
Freshen up your mind from time to time as it also requires to calm down. Re-energise yourself and then again start your IIT-JEE Preparation.
These 10 IIT-JEE Preparation Tips will help you in not getting nervous and panicked and will guide you to approach the exams in an appropriate manner.
Overview of JEE Main Exam Pattern and IIT JEE Exam Pattern
JEE Main Exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1 will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It will be conducted in a Computer Based Online Test and an Offline Test on Paper and Pen. The duration will be of Three (3) Hours.
Paper 2 will be divided into 3 parts – Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test. It will conducted only through an Offline Test on Paper and Paper. The duration will be of Three (3) Hours.
IIT JEE Exam also consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Each paper will have three separate sections of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The duration for both the papers will be of Three (3) Hours.
Preferred Books for IIT-JEE Preparation
Going through JEE Reference Books will boost your knowledge on the subject. Here is the list of some highly recommended JEE Reference Books for each subject.
|Book 1||Organic Chemistry By O.P. Tandon||Concept of Physics By H.C. Verma||Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight|
|Book 2||IIT-JEE Chemistry By O.P. Agarwal||Physics By Resnick Halliday||Coordinate Geometry By S.L. Loney|
|Book 3||Concise Inorganic Chemistry By J.D. Lee||Problems in General Physics By I.E. Irodov||Calculus By Thomas & Finney|
Words of Wisdom By The Masters
What the JEE Toppers had to say!
Mukesh Pareek, All India Rank 3, says that it was his consistent efforts that made this possible. He further adds that he studied for 10 hours everyday for two years and gave his 100% each time.
Janak Agrawal, All India Rank 2, says that he studied for 8 hours daily beside taking coaching classes. Adding further, he says that he handled the pressure very calmy and that proved to be a plus point.
Satvat Jagwani, All India Rank 1, says that he worked on his weak areas and further strengthened his strong areas. He also says that he enjoyed the entire process so it never felt like studying. And taking a lot of mock tests helped him in managing time.
These words by the IIT-JEE Toppers can be used as the ultimate IIT-JEE Preparation Tips by the aspiring students. Try and adapt from their habits and you’ll see an automatic growth in yourself.
More about IIT JEE Preparation 2017-2018
JEE is the entrance exam for engineering. Earlier conducted as AIEEE, and IIT JEE, now the system has changed. If you are planning to get a BE / B.Tech degree, you will be required to appear in JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The exams are considered to be tough and to have a high level of competition. More than 1.5 million students appear in the JEE Main and Advanced to compete for the engineering colleges in India. Here is a JEE Main and Advanced Preparation guide for all the engineering aspirants. Best of luck!
Know about JEE Main and Advanced
- The Joint Entrance Examination Mains is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). JEE Advanced is conducted by the IITS.
- The JEE Main and Advanced syllabus is mainly what is taught in class 11 and 12 in CBSE and other central and state boards.
- To ensure that you have all the knowledge about the topics, check out JEE Main Syllabus and JEE Advanced Syllabus.
Are you appearing for JEE Main 2015 exam? These would be useful for your preparation.
The key difference between AIEEE and JEE Main. – Score high in board exams.
- The pattern of JEE Main same as that of AIEEE. The only difference is that for ranking board exam weightage has also been included.
- The normalization process has been outlined by CBSE. Students must know that 40% weightage is now given to board score. It is thus very important to get high marks in your board exams.
- Also, the criteria to appear in JEE Advanced is that you must be in the top 20 percentile in your board. Approximately only 1.5 lakh students out of the 14 lakh that appear in JEE Main can appear in JEE Advanced.
What should be the strategy to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced 2015?
The JEE Main and Advanced 2015 preparation strategy should be very well planned. It depends upon the student’s present situation, how much he / she has already studied. Also it depends upon the general aptitude and learning ability. However some JEE Main and Advanced preparation tips are must for all candidates.
- Study hard from day 1. Do not wait for the last moment to study the syllabus. The topics are common for board exams as well as the JEE. So do not panic. Simply study well whatever is there in your board syllabus. Side by side, practice questions of JEE.
- Set short term goals and stick to them. You must have a schedule that you will finish a fixed number of topics or chapters in a given week. These goals should be realistic.
- Devote 5-6 hours daily for JEE Preparation daily. This time is separate from your school or coaching classroom time.
- JEE Main and Advanced 2015 Preparation includes understanding concepts, practical application of theory, and problem solving skill development.
NCERT Books are sufficient to score high in JEE.
- Many students still believe that NCERT books are not enough. That is partly a myth. NCERT books is the key to understand concepts. For certain topics, where extra help is required, students may refer to JEE reference books. But it is important to note that too many reference books should not be studied. Referring too many books may only lead to confusion.
- It is absolutely necessary that all NCERT questions are solved for Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. After this is done, you may move on to JEE question banks to solve questions of JEE level.
- The study material provided by coaching institutes is good for further problem solving. Students must do self analysis on how difficult questions they can solve from time to time.
- For JEE Main exam, NCERT books are the best. To move up to JEE Advanced level, reference study material should be used.
What are the most important topics for JEE Exam Preparation?
Please note that all the topics are necessary to be covered. Year to year the pattern of question distribution changes a lot. After a lot of analysis it has been found that these topics are most important.
- Physics: Newtons Laws of Motion, Work Enery Power, Conservation Laws, Rotation Motion, Electrostatics, EMI, Heat and Thermodynamics, Nuclear Physics and Radio Activity, Semiconductor.
- Chemistry: Redox Reactions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, GOC, P Block Elements.
- Maths: Conic Section, P&C, Probabilty, Quadratic Equation, Definite Integration, Differential Equation, Vector and 3D, Complex Number.
This article is a part of the series on JEE Main 2017-2018 and JEE Advanced 2017-2018 Preparation. If you have any queries on IIT JEE Preparation Strategy 2017-2018, you can ask in comments below or at discussion forum.