|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
The online registration for JEE Main 2018 shall start in the month of December. In case, while filling the application form, candidate make any mistake, it can be edited further. Students usually make spelling mistakes, mistakes in upload of photograph, providing incomplete information regarding educational and personal details etc. while filling the application form. Taken these things into consideration by CBSE and it provides the opportunity to the candidates to correct the mistakes they have done while filling the application form. This is an important decision made by CBSE. Given below are some important details as per which candidate may be allowed to correct his or her mistakes in the application form.
Now the candidates need not to be stressed regarding the mistakes done in the application form. Candidate should note that the correction facility is for those students only who have registered for the examination successfully and have submitted the application fee. They have a chance to correct it once. They have the facility to correct the exam mode, Aadhar card number, photograph, signature, any personal information. Candidates should note that option to fill the class 12th roll number is not mandatory.
The data provided in this article is based on previous year information. The article shall be updated soon as per the official announcement by CBSE.
Tentative Schedule for JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction
|Availability of JEE Main images correction 2018||2nd week of December 2018|
|Online application of JEE Main closed on||3rd week of January 2018|
|Commencement of JEE Main 2018 Application form correction||4th week of January|
|Last date to make corrections in the application form||1st week of January 2018|
Application form Correction of JEE Main 2018
Candidates who have made some sort of mistakes while filling the application form, may correct the details within the prescribed period of time. Candidates have only one chance to make the corrections. Candidates are allowed to make changes in images, photograph, signature and the thumb impression they have uploaded. CBSE has also provided the opportunity to make changes in the particulars of the application form. Candidates will be able to make changes from the official website at www.jeemain.nic.in/ in the 4th week of January 2018. Therefore candidates are advised to check all the details and verify the particulars they have filled in the application form.
Note- Candidates are not allowed to change the exam mode from computer based examination to Pen and paper based examination. In case candidates have to make extra payment they can pay with the Debit/ Credit card or by challan from selected banks (HDFC/ syndicate/Canara).
How to make corrections in application form?
Here are some steps to correct the wrong information or to make changes in the application form:
To make changes in the photograph
- Visit the official website at www.jeemain.nic.in/
- Click on the “Remove discrepancy in uploaded images”
- Login using application number and password
- Select the image with discrepancy and change it with the correct image
- A scanned photograph must be uploaded with the name and date of taking the photograph should be printed on it.
- The photograph which will be uploaded can be colored or black and white but with clear contrast.
Make sure that the image you have uploaded in the place of previous photograph should be correct in all aspects.
To make changes in the Data of Application form:
- Visit the official website and
- Enter the application number and password
- Go through the application form and check if there is any mistake, correct or replace it with valid information
- After the corrections, revise it and submit the application form
- If there is any fee charged by CBSE pay the fee in the correct format.
Note- Candidates have to pay the fee if required, for the correction in some fields which will be mentioned at the time of correction in the application form.
Questions related to the changes and corrections in the Application form:
The corrections can only be done if the candidate has filled the application form and paid the application fee successfully.
- What if candidate want to change the city of examination and want to switch paper 1 and paper two?
Candidates are allowed to change the city of examination. Candidates can also paper 1 to paper 2 or vice versa or they can opt both for the examination. IN this case they have to pay some prescribed fee during that period. However change of mode of examination from computer based to pen paper based examination is not allowed.
- Is there any chance to change the Aadhar card number? Or if in case candidate who have recently submitted the request for updation in Aadhaar details (including biometric updation) and unable to apply with the updated Aadhaar Card Details what should they do?
Yes, the candidates can change the Aadhar card number, in case they have entered wrong aadhaar card number. The candidates who have requested for Aadhar card updation can enter the 14 digit Aadhaar enrollment ID/UR No. number mentioned on the slip issued by aadhaar center after submitting updation request.
- What will be done if candidate has applied for both paper 1 and paper 2 and now do not want to appear in one of the examination?
In that case, it is not necessary to give both the examination, they can appear in the paper of their choice. But the fee paid for the other paper shall not be refunded.
- What if the candidate is appearing in class 12th examination in 2017 or improvement examination in 2017 shall enter their roll number or not?
The option to enter the 12th class roll number is not mandatory, if they have the roll number then enter it. If not then leave it empty and fill the other details.
- What if the candidate has filled more than one application form?
In that case both the application form with same details will be merged together and only one admit card for that candidate shall be issued.
- If in case candidate failed to book the date for online examination after paying the fees or the capacity in the selected city by the candidate is full. How will the candidate will know about his or her exam slot?
If the city selected by the candidate is full or the candidate has not selected the date and time slot for the examination. In that case slot will be allotted by CBSE as per the availability of the date and time of sme examination city selected by the candidate. The center, date and time of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card of the candidate.
- What if the candidate have already submitted the incorrect details and the confirmation page has also generated for the same. Then how will you correct the form?
First of all stay calm and check that each and every detail mentioned in the confirmation page. Note down the things or particulars that has to be changed in the application form. To enter the correct details, refer your 10th marksheet or certificate. Now go to the link of the application form correction that is mentioned above. Login by using the application number and password, make the corrections and update the form. Make payment if necessary.
Note- If in case candidate want to send individual query, then they can email to JEE Main official email ID. If candidate is sending email regarding their application form correction then they have to mention the name, application number and the mistake committed and the correct details which has to be filled.
Insofar CBSE has not announced official details of JEE Main 2018 application form correction. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference. As soon as JEE Main 2018 information brochure releases, details will be updated here.
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction, please ask in comments below.