The CBSE will release the JEE Main Rank List 2018 online. The rank list for JEE Main 2018 will be published separately for BE/BTech and B.Arch/B.Planning. First, rank list for Paper 1 is releasing on April 30, 2018, while for Paper 2, it is releasing on May 31, 2018. After the All India Rank for JEE Main 2018 is out, scorecard is to be available for download. The JEE Main Rank List is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination.
The rank list will reflect the All India Rank (AIR) and Category Rank. However, only the AIR will be used for admission in IITs, NITs, and other institutes. Check more details regarding JEE Main 2018 Rank List from the page below.
JEE Main Rank List 2018
Check here the schedule for the declaration of JEE Main Rank List.
|JEE Main Rank List 2018||Important Dates|
|JEE main 2018 Offline exam date||08 Apr 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Online exam date||15-16 Apr 2018|
|Rank List along with the result for Paper 1 will be available from||30 Apr 2018|
|Rank List along with the result for Paper 2 will be published by||31 May 2018|
Rank List: The candidates can check their JEE Main 2018 Rank List will be published on jeemain.nic.in.
How To Check JEE Main Rank List 2018?
The candidates can check the rank list by simply following the instructions given below:
- Click on the link which will be given on this page as soon as the rank list will be available.
- Enter details such as your JEE Main 2018 Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- On submitting these details, the rank list will appear on the screen.
- You can download and take a print out of the Rank List for future reference.
What Are The Details Given In The JEE Main Rank List?
The rank list for JEE Main 2018 will consist of the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- JEE Main 2018 Roll Number
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Sub Category
- All India Rank
- Scores obtained in each subject
- Category Wise Cut Off for JEE Main 2018
- Category wise Rank
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case if two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the entrance examination, the tie will be resolved as per the rules given below.
Tie Breaker in BE/BTech course
- The candidates with higher marks in Mathematics in JEE Main 2018 will be considered higher in the rank list.
- If the tie is still not resolved, the candidates with higher marks in Physics in the entrance test will be placed higher.
- If there is still a tie, the ratio of positive marks and negative marks will be considered, which means that the candidate having a higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
- Even after this, the tie is not resolved, the candidates will be given the same rank.
Tie Breaker in B.Arch/BPlanning course
- The candidates with higher marks in Aptitude Test in Paper 2 will be given higher preference.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidates with higher marks in Drawing Test in Paper 2 will be placed higher in the rank list.
- Even then if the tie is still not resolved, the ratio of positive marks and negative marks will be taken into consideration, which means that the candidate having a higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
- If the tie is still there, then the candidates will be given the same rank.
JEE Main 2018 Cut Off
To qualify the entrance test, the candidates need to obtain minimum cut off marks. Only those who will obtain marks equal to or more than the cut off will be declared as “Qualified”. The cut off for JEE Main 2018 will be available once its result is announced. However, the candidates can check the expected cut off for JEE Main 2018 in the table below.
|Category||JEE Main 2018 Cut off Marks (Expected)|
Factors Affecting the JEE Main 2018 Cut Off
The cut off for JEE Main 2018 is calculated y considering a number of factors. The most important factors that help derive JEE Main Cut off each year are as follows:
- Total number of candidates appeared for the exam
- Level of difficulty of exam
- Previous years’ cutoff trends
- Number of available seats
- Overall performance of the candidate
JEE Main 2018 Opening And Closing Rank
The Opening and Closing Ranks indicate the least and highest ranks that have got admission in each college. The JEE Main 2018 Opening and Closing Rank will be available once the result is announced. You can get an idea about it from the last year’s opening and closing rank.
|Category||Opening and Closing Ranks|
Which States/ Institutes Accept JEE Main Rank?
The following states/ institutes accept the score in JEE Main:
- Madhya Pradesh
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
- Indian Institute of Science, Banglore
- Indian Institute of Space Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women, New Delhi
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (under Delhi University)
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
JEE Main 2018 Counselling
The candidates will be selected that the candidates will be selected for Counselling on the basis of their ranks in the JEE Main rank list. To participate in the counselling of JEE Main 2018, candidates will have to register through JoSAA. After the registration for JoSAA is done, the candidates can then submit the choices of course/ college. The seat allotment is done on the basis of the candidate’s score in JEE Main, choices filled and availability of the seats. At the time of admission, the selected candidates need to bring along the relevant documents.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.