After the declaration of result, the qualified candidates will be called for the counselling sessions. In the counselling, the candidates will be allotted the seat for the course applied for. JEXPO and VOCLET Counselling 2018 will be started as per the schedule which will be given below. The complete procedure of JEXPO and VOCLET Counselling 2018 like schedule, registration is uploaded here.
JEXPO and VOCLET Counselling 2018
This is for information of all eligible and valid rank holders of JEXPO and VOCLET 2018 that online counseling for admission to the Diploma Courses during the academic session 2018-19 through JEXPO & VOCLET shall start as per the following schedules.
|Date of JEXPO Examination||20 May 2018|
|Date of VOCLET Examination||27 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||01 Jun 2018|
|Counselling Registration & Choice Filling starts from||14 Jun 2018|
- Click here to check vacant seats in offline counselling.
- Click here to check the Notification for special manual (offline) counselling of JEXPO & VOCLET.
Second round Counselling
Registration & Choice Filling:
Official website i.e., www.webscte.org.
- Website for online counseling is www.wbscte.net. Link to the counseling website shall also be available on the home page of the Council’s website www.webscte.org.
- Online counseling (Registration & Choice filling) will start as per the scheduled dates. Guidelines and information related to the counseling process will be available in the counseling website shortly.
- Valid rank holders of both JEXPO-2018 and VOCLET-2018 are advised to keep in touch with both the websites for notifications to be uploaded by the Council time to time.
- Candidates will be able to participate in the online counseling process from any place where a computer with internet connectivity is available.
- CHOICE: Choice means “Institute-Branch Combination” (For example: ‘The Calcutta Technical School_Mechanical’ is a choice). There will be more than 565 choices in JEXPO and more than 460 choices in VOCLET.
- CHOICE FILLING: This is the most important step in the process of online counseling. Insufficient and abrupt filling of choices may lead to non-allotment of any of the chosen seats to a candidate even after securing a good rank. Candidates must fill as many numbers of choices as possible to enhance their probability of securing a preferred seat as per his/her rank. It is advisable to prepare a dummy list of choices on the basis of preferences and secured rank prior to participating in the online counseling process.
- Available Seats in Govt. Polytechnics: Approximate number of seats available in Government Polytechnics under JEXPO is 12,000 and under VOCLET is 2000. Out of those seats, 22%, 6%, 3% and 2% seats are reserved for SC, ST, PC and LLQ category candidates respectively. Reservation for OBC-A and OBC-B category of students has been made as per Government Order.
- Available Seats in Self-Financed Polytechnics: Approximate number of seats available in Self-financed polytechnics under JEXPO is 19,000 and under VOCLET is 3500. Besides, there are Management Quota (MQ) seats which are directly filled by the self-financed Institutes. All seats of Self-financed polytechnics are of general category.
- TFW: There are limited seats (5% of approved intake – supernumerary) under the TFW scheme. Numbers of applicants for TFW seats are generally much more than the available seats. TFW seats are allotted absolutely on the basis of ranks and given choices.
- LLQ: LLQ seats are reserved for those candidates whose parent or legal guardian had to lose / donate land for any Government project in the state. Candidates must possess related original document(s) in the name of their parents/legal guardians issued by the competent authority of the Government.
- Provision of Deactivation/Correction: In case, a candidate has wrongfully declared himself/herself as SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PC, or LLQ at the time of filling up the OMR application form, he/she will be provided with one time chance to deactivate the same at the time of registration for online counseling process. But, activation of any reservation category will not be allowed in the counseling process. Further, correction of mobile number (in case of any problem with the registered mobile number) and sex (male/female) shall also be allowed one time at the time of registration for online counseling.
- Help-Desk Centers (HDCs): The Council will set up “Help-desk Centers” in almost all Government Polytechnics of the state. HDCs shall remain operational during the period of registration and choice filling. If required, candidates of JEXPO and VOCLET may visit those help desk centers to gather information about the online counseling. But, choice filling by the candidates is not allowed at those help-desk centers. List of help desk centers will be uploaded in the counseling website.
- Reporting Centers (RCs): Candidates who will opt for Auto-up-gradation shall have to book their allotted seats provisionally. For validation of their provisionally booked seats, they have to report to any of the 25 RCs with two copies of “Provisional Allotment cum Money Receipt” and Rs.2000/- in cash as refundable Provisional Allotment Fee within the specified last date in the allotment letter. If, the provisionally allotted seat is not validated at any of the RCs by a candidate, his/her candidature will be lost. However, for 2nd or 3rd time Auto-up-gradation by a candidate in subsequent phases of seat allotment, he/she need not to visit any RC, but he has to opt for auto-up-gradation by logging in to the counseling website.
- Candidates who will desire to take admission to their allotted seats in any phase of seat allotments under the online counseling process, have to opt for final allotment and take print out of the Final Allotment Letter cum Money Receipt. Then, they have to report for admission to their allotted polytechnics with all required documents and within the last date of admission as specified in their allotment letters.
- Click here to check the Seat Information for JEXPO.
- Click here to check the Seat Information for VOCLET.
All candidates are advised to enter, save and lock their choices and retain a copy of their final list of choices for future reference. They should also keep their Passwords safe and protected.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.