JIPMER B.Sc Result 2018 – The Jawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) has published the result for JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam 2018 at its official website. The result is published in the pdf format. The admission to all candidates will be based on the merit, category of the candidates, and the availability of seats at the time of counseling.
The Institute has uploaded the merit list for each category separately. The merit list contains the percentile score by the candidate in the common entrance exam for admission to B.Sc courses. Only those candidates will be allowed to participate for counselling, who will make through the merit list, it is important that the shortlisted candidates should be present physically for the counselling. Also, at the time of counselling, candidates will be required to produce relevant documents for verification. Check more details about JIPMER B.Sc Result 2018 from the article below.
JIPMER B.Sc Result 2018
The schedule for the declaration of JIPMER B.Sc Result 2018 and other admission procedures is provided in the table below:
|JIPMER B.Sc 2018 Entrance Exam date||30 Jun 2018|
|JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam 2018 Merit list||07 Jul 2018|
|1st Counselling||18 Jul 2018|
|2nd Counselling||29 Aug 2018|
|3rd counselling||10 Sep 2018|
|Final counselling||28 Sep 2018|
|Date of closing of admission||30 Sep 2018|
Rank Card: Click Here to download the rank card of JIPMER B.Sc 2018.
- Shortlisted Candidates Category wise:
- Overall Merit List – Click Here
Notice: Click here to check JIPMER B.Sc 2018 Notice regarding Counselling.
Official Website: www.jipmer.edu.in
How to check the JIPMER B.Sc Result 2018?
The result for JIPMER B.Sc Entrance Exam 2018 has been uploaded as a merit list in pdf format. It can be checked by following these simple instructions:
- Click on the link that is provided on this page to check the result.
- The merit list is available in pdf format.
- Press Ctrl+F and enter your name in the box and press Enter button. Your name will be highlighted in the list and you can check your result.
Details Mentioned on the Merit List
The following details has been mentioned on the merit list pdf:
- Roll Number
- Name of the candidate
- Percentile in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Comprehension, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning.
- Total Percentile
- Category wise rank
- Result status
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order :
- Biology: Higher Percentile scores in Biology will result in the higher ranking
- Chemistry: If Biology Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will
result in the higher ranking
- Physics: If Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in
Physics will result in the higher ranking
- English Language and Comprehension: If Biology, Chemistry, and Physics Percentiles do not
break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language and
Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative
Reasoning will result in the higher ranking
- Age: If still the tie exists, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higherJIPMER B.Sc.
Merit List 2018
The Institute has uploaded the Merit List at its official website. The candidates will be granted admission to the B. Sc courses on the basis of the merit list/ rank. The Percentile scores for the total marks would be arranged so as to prepare an Overall Merit List/ Ranking.
Merit List has been drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below:
|Unreserved (UR) & P-UR||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC – OPH & P-SC/ST / P-OBC||40|
Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the Entrance Examination will NOT be considered for admission and their names will NOT be included in the Merit List.
Percentile Score Calculations
The percentile score of each Candidate will reflect what Percentage of Candidates have scored below that Candidate in Entrance Examination.
The Percentile Score of a Candidate will be calculated by using the formula = No. of Candidates from the group with an aggregate mark less than a candidate / No. of Candidates appeared in the Entrance Examination X 100.
If 3888 Candidates appeared in the entrance exam and a Candidate who has scored 60% marks
and has 2500 Candidates below him; his Percentile score will be calculated as follows:
Percentile Score of 60% Marks in the Entrance Examination = 2500/3888 X 100
Percentile score = 64.3004120
By this way, the percentile score (up to 7 decimal places) will be calculated separately for each of the
five subjects (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and Comprehension & Logical and Aptitude Reasoning) and the Total. The Percentile of the Total shall not be an aggregate or average of the Percentile of individual subjects
The Percentile scores for the Total Marks would be arranged so as to derive an OVERALL MERIT
LIST / RANKING.
In case of a tie (identical Total Percentile), the order of deciding higher rank/merit would be in the
- Higher Percentile in Biology,
- Higher Percentile in Chemistry,
- Higher Percentile in Physics,
- Higher Percentile in English Language and Comprehension,
- Higher Percentile in Logical and Quantitative Reasoning &
- Elder by age.
JIPMER B.Sc Counselling 2018
The candidates whose name appears in the merit list will be allowed to participate for the JIPMER B.Sc Counselling 2018. The selected candidates need to report for the counselling in person as per the schedule. At the time of counselling, candidates need to submit the relevant documents in original and one set of self-attested photocopies.