JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 has been announced by Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research (JIPMER) on its official website i.e Jipmer.edu.in. Candidates who appeared for JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam can check their result from online mode only. The result contains the list of candidates who have qualified the exam and are selected for counselling. The candidates may check their result from the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Merit List as per the official announcement. To know more about JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result candidates must read the article below.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result
After the declaration of result candidates have to appear for Counselling process schedule for the same is given below.
|JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018||03 Jun 2018|
|Publication of JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 Merit List date||08 Jun 2018|
|First counselling||27 to 29 Jun 2018|
|Second counselling||25 Jul 2018|
|Third counselling||20 Aug 2018|
|Final Counselling||28 Sep 2018|
|Date of closing of Admission||30 Sep 2018|
|Course start||04 Jul 2018|
Rank Letter: Click Here to download the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Rank Letter.
- JIPMER Notice: Click Here
Overall Merit list
Shortlisted Candidates Category wise :
- UR Category – Click Here
- OBC Category – Click Here
- SC Category Click Here
- ST Category – Click Here
- Puducherry UR Category – Click Here
- Puducherry – OBC Category Click Here
- Puducherry SC Category – Click Here
- Puducherry ST Category – Click Here
- NRI/OCI Category – Click Here
- PwD- OPH Category – Click Here
- Puducherry PwD- OPH Category – Click Here
Content of JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result
JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 contains the following details
- Roll Number
- Name of candidate
- Date of birth
- Biology Percentile
- Chemistry percentile
- Physics percentile
- English and Comprehension Percentile
- Logic and Quantitative Reasoning Percentile
- Total percentile
- OPH yes or no
- UR rank
- OBC rank
- SC rank
- ST rank
- OPH rank
- OCI NRI Rank
- P-UR Rank
- P-OBC Rank
- P-SC Rank
- Eligibility Status
How to check JIPMER MBBS Result 2018?
Candidates can easily check the result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 by following the steps below:
- Seek your Roll Number and Name on it.
- Check your sectional and over all percentile.
- See if you are eligible or not.
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 Result is for admission to 200 seats for 4 years and 6 months duration MBBS program. Following is a break up of seats.
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|NRI / OCI||5||1||6|
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
Marking Scheme / Percentile
About JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018
Language – English
Types of questions – MCQs with single best response.
Syllabus – Prescribed by state board higher secondary and CBSE for class 11 and 12.
|Subject||Number of questions|
|English language and comprehension||10|
|Logical and quantitative reasoning||10|
Awarding of marks
Online exam system considers that answer as marked which candidate has marked as answered. Those marked for review will not be considered.
- A correct response leads to award of 4 marks.
- One mark is deducted for incorrect response.
Raw score is converted to percentile. For a single shift, percentile is as follows.
- (Number of candidates from the group with aggregate mark less than a candidate / Number of candidates in that particular shift ) x 100
Percentile score is found out up to 7 decimal places.
JIPMER then compiles percentile scores for total marks of both shifts to create merit for JIPMER MBBS Result 2018.
Method of resolving ties
The importance of marks in different subjects will be used to resolve ties wherever two or more candidates have same percentile in overall.
- Biology: Higher Biology percentile gets a better rank.
- Chemistry: Higher Chemistry percentile gets a better rank if Biology percentile is same.
- Physics: Higher Physics percentile gets a better rank if Chemistry percentile is also same.
- English language and comprehension: Higher English language and comprehension percentile gets a better rank if Physics percentile is same.
- Logical and quantitative reasoning: Higher Logical and quantitative reasoning percentile gets a better rank if English language and comprehension percentile is same.
- Age: If percentile is same, then candidate older in age gets higher rank.
A candidate must have minimum qualifying marks in order to be in JIPMER MBBS Merit List 2018. Cut off of JIPMER MBBS 2018 is given below for reference purpose only.
|Unreserved (UR) / OCI / NRI||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC – OPH||40|
If candidate’s percentile is lesser than minimum percentile set (given above), then he or she will not be considered for admission. Names of such candidates will not be in the merit list.
By the same token, JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 will display names and roll numbers of those who have scored more than cut off.
In the case of NRI and OCI candidates it is necessary that candidate has opted for admission under self financing scheme at time of application.
Method of Selection Using JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result
The online examination is of 800 marks in total. There will be 200 questions of worth 4 marks each. and one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The marks calculated after the exam will be a raw score. This Raw Score will be used to determine Percentile score/ Eligibility using Cut-Offs and Normalization/ and Merit / Ranking.