|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2017, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2001. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants). No upper age limit.
The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below.
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (Annexure – I lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER).
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%.
Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2017 and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria are satisfied.
(UR) means a candidate who is an Indian national satisfying the requirement of eligibility as prescribed by the Medical Council of India.
Other Backward Classes
(OBC) (NON-Creamy Layer):- Applicants are required to ensure that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule to the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93 -Estt. (SCT) dated 08/09/93 which is modified vide OM No. 36033/3/2004 Estt. (Res.) dated 09/03/2004 or the latest notification of the Government of India (ie. Central list) in support of his/her claim. Kindly click the following link to see the central list of OBC http://www.ncbc.nic.in/User_Panel/CentralListStateView.aspx OBC Certificate must be in the format as mentioned in the Annexure II. Certificate to be produced during counseling should NOT be older than ONE Year on date of 1st Counseling. (Between 26.06.2016 and 27.06.2017).
Scheduled Caste / Tribe
(SC / ST) Applicants will be required to produce the necessary certificate in the format provided. During counseling the certificate as prescribed in M.H.A., O.M., No. 42/21/49-N.G.S. dated the 28.1.1952, as revised in Dept. of Per-& A.R. letter No. 36012/6/76-Est. (S.CT), dated the 29.10.1977, to be produced by candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe in support of his/her claim. SC/ST Certificate must be in the format as mentioned in the Annexure III
Orthopedic Physically Challenged
OPH The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his/her physical disability conforming to judgment of Supreme Court of India i.e.
- With the approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India vide letter no. 18018/2/2009-ME (P-1) dated 17.02.2009 it has been decided that while providing reservation in admission to medical course in the first instance candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% shall be considered and in case such candidates are not available then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered.
- The disability certificate should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions.
- The suitability of the candidates’ disability (Locomotor) will be assessed with regards to patient safety norms for due certification by the Medical Board, JIPMER.
- The decision of the JIPMER Medical Board is final in this regard.
Puducherry – Unreserved
(P-UR) A candidate is considered to belong to the UT of Puducherry (P-UR), if he/she satisfies at least one of the following domicile criteria (Refer Annexure – IV for the Format of Certificates):
- Those candidates or whose parent (either mother or father or both) or Guardian (in the case of children who have lost both parents) has been residing continuously in this Union territory for at least five years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Those who have passed SSLC/HSC or any other public examination and for that purpose had undergone academic studies continuously for 5 successive classes immediately preceding the qualifying examination (including the year of the qualifying examination) in recognized education institutions (s) located in Puducherry Union Territory and having their residence in the Puducherry Union Territory for 5 years continuously during that period.
- Children whose parents are Central Government Servants, State Government Servants, Defence Personnel, Central Paramilitary Forces, Employees of Public Sector Undertakings wholly or substantially run either by the Central Government or by the Puducherry union Territory administration, posted and serving in the Puducherry Union Territory for at least a minimum continuous period of three years immediately prior to the last date of submission of application AND Children of the above said employees should have studied in the Higher Secondary Course of two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have also passed the Higher Secondary Examination from the same school. [G.O. Ms. No. 04, Puducherry, dated 09-02-2016 of the Chief Secretariat, (Hr. & Tech. Edn.)Puducherry].
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and who have declared Puducherry as their hometown.
Puducherry Other Backward Classes
(P-OBC) means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definitions of categories (OBC) as well as (Puducherry)
Puducherry Scheduled Caste
(P-SC) means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definitions of categories (SC) as well as (Puducherry)
Puducherry Orthopedic Physically Challenged
(P-OPH) means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definition of categories (OPH) as well as (Puducherry)
Overseas Citizen of India
(OCI) means as follows. OCI registered under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test for the 6 seats available and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI under section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 along with the application to be eligible to appear for this test.
Certificate of registration as OCI issued by the Competent Authority should be produced at the time of admission.
NRI / OCIs would be considered for admission ONLY against the unreserved category in the event of them NOT submitting their application under Self Financing Scheme.