JIPMER MBBS Eligibility 2020 – Candidates who are looking for eligibility for JIPMER 2020 entrance exam are hereby informed that Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research will not conduct JIPMER MBBS entrance exam 2020. Admission will be through NEET.
Details given below this line were expected details on JIPMER MBBS Eligibility 2020, based on past year data and are no longer valid. Candidates must go to the above given NEET 2020 link and appear in NEET 2020 for admission to JIPMER.
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility 2020 Expected Details, No Longer Valid!
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Eligibility – MHRD has made it clear that there will be only one entrance test for Undergraduate medical admission i.e. NEET. Hence all the aspiring candidates of JIPMER 2020 are required to appear for the NEET 2020. All the aspiring candidates must keep in mind that they are required to fulfill both the eligibility criteria of JIPMER MBBS 2020 and NEET 2020 for admission to JIPMER MBBS 2020. Candidates can check all the information regarding JIPMER MBBS 2020 eligibility below.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibiulity criteria for NEET 2020 below.
- The students should have passed Class 12th or its equivalent examination, from a recognized board.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination.
- The students who have taken biology as an additional subject in 10+2, can also apply for NEET 2020.
- Minimum qualifying marks to appear for NEET 2020: UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST – 40%, PWD – 45% (minimum aggregate marks only for PCB subjects).
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Admission Eligibility
The candidates greater than the age of 17 years of age are eligible to give the exam. Also overseas citizens can also apply for the entrance test. The eligibility criteria for JIPMER MBBS 2020 admission is given in detail below.
The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
He / She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants). No upper age limit.
The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below.
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (Annexure lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER).
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi is essential for OCI/NRI for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
- For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April and whose results have NOT yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria are satisfied.
(UR) means a candidate who is an Indian national satisfying the requirement of eligibility as prescribed by the Medical Council of India.
Other Backward Classes
(OBC) (NON-Creamy Layer): Applicants are required to ensure that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) as recognized by the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training. Certificate to be produced during counselling should NOT be older than ONE Year on date of 1st Counseling.
Scheduled Caste / Tribe
(SC / ST): Applicants will be required to produce the necessary certificate in the format provided. During counselling the certificate need to be produced by candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe in support of his/her claim. SC/ST Certificate must be in the format as prescribed by JIPMER.
Orthopedic Physically Challenged
OPH: The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his/her physical disability conforming to judgment of Supreme Court of India i.e.
- With the approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India it has been decided that while providing reservation in admission to medical course in the first instance candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% will be considered and in case such candidates are not available then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered.
- The disability certificate should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions.
- The suitability of the candidates’ disability (Locomotor) will be assessed with regards to patient safety norms for due certification by the Medical Board, JIPMER.
Puducherry – Unreserved
(P-UR): A candidate is considered to belong to the UT of Puducherry (P-UR), if he/she satisfies at least one of the following domicile criteria.
- Those candidates or whose parent (either mother or father or both) or Guardian (in the case of children who have lost both parents) has been residing continuously in this Union territory for at least five years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Those who have passed SSLC/HSC or any other public examination and for that purpose had undergone academic studies continuously for 5 successive classes immediately preceding the qualifying examination (including the year of the qualifying examination) in recognized education institutions (s) located in Puducherry Union Territory and having their residence in the Puducherry Union Territory for 5 years continuously during that period.
- Children whose parents are Central Government Servants, State Government Servants, Defence Personnel, Central Paramilitary Forces, Employees of Public Sector Undertakings posted and serving in the Puducherry Union Territory for at least a minimum continuous period of three years immediately prior to the last date of submission of application
- AND Children of the above said employees should have studied in the Higher Secondary Course of two years in any of the schools in the U.T. of Puducherry and should have also passed the Higher Secondary Examination from the same school.
- Children of Defence Personnel who were killed or disabled in action and who have declared Puducherry as their hometown.
Puducherry Other Backward Classes
(P-OBC): means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definitions of categories (OBC) as well as (Puducherry Unreserved).
Puducherry Scheduled Caste
(P-SC): means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definitions of categories (SC) as well as (Puducherry Unreserved)
Puducherry Orthopedic Physically Challenged
(P-OPH): means a candidate satisfying the afore mentioned definition of categories (OPH) as well as (Puducherry Unreserved)
Non- Resident of India (NRI) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals will be applicable to them. The candidate will submit proof of Registration as OCI to be eligible to appear for this test and they would be considered only 6 seats available to them.JIPMER MBBS Admission
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.