JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018 is being conducted for admission to MD / MS course. Complete Details of JIPMER MD / MS Entrance Exam 2018 by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry is available on this page for January session. Get here complete details of JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018 such as application form submission, admit card, results, exam pattern, and syllabus.
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018 for MD / MS – January Session
Single shift online JIPMER PG entrance exam 2018 will be held tentatively at 10 cities in India. Whereas 90 seats are for Indian nationals and OCI, 05 seats are for Indian
candidates sponsored by Govt. (Central/ State/Sevices) and 05 seats are for Non-Resident Indians.
The complete calendar of events, to be followed for JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018 January session is given here.
|JIPMER PG 2018 online registration begins on||11 Sep 2017|
|Last date to register online for JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018||20 Oct 2017|
|Download hall ticket of JIPMER PG entrance exam 2018||01 Nov 2017|
|Date and Time of Entrance Examination||19 Nov 2017|
|Expected date for Publication of Merit List (on or before)||On or before 30 Nov 2017|
|First Counseling (tentative)||13 Dec 2017|
|Second Counselling (Tentative)||10 Jan 2018|
|Third Counselling (Tentative)||31 Jan 2018|
|Final Counselling (Tentative)||26 Feb 2018|
|Admission formalities (Medical Board & submission of the receipt for payment of fees etc…)||28 Dec 2017|
|Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation||29 Dec 2017|
|Commencement of Course||01 Jan 2018|
JIPMER MD / MS Entrance Exam Quick Links
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam Application Form 2018
You can fill the online application form to appear in the JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018. Application forms will be available online from as per the schedule given above. All candidates must enter correct and verifiable details in the form.
- General (UR) / OCI/ Sponsored and OBC candidates have to pay Rs 1500 towards online registration and entrance exam fee.
- SC and ST candidates must pay Rs 1200 and for NRI candidates must pay Rs. 3000/-.
- OPH candidates are exempted from Application Fee.
- Application fee can be paid via net banking, credit card, or debit cards.
- While filling up the application form for JIPMER PG 2018 MD / MS Entrance Exam, you must refer to your official documents so that only correct information is entered. For example, check your class 10 and 12 mark sheet for spelling of names, date of birth, and so on.
- The images uploaded in the online form at jipmer.edu.in must adhere to the dimensions and size specified in the information brochure.
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2018 Eligibility
Candidate must fulfill the following eligibility conditions for JIPMER MD / MS entrance exam and admission for January 2018 session.
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 31st December 2017 [*Candidates not completing the internship on or before 31-12-2017 need not apply for January 2018 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted].
JIPMER PG Admit Card 2018
Hall ticket for the JIPMER MD / MS entrance exam 2018 is available for downloading at www.jipmer.edu.in as per schedule given above. Candidate can download the JIPMER admit card and note the examination details such as examination venue, date and time. It must be noted that the JIPMER hall tickets are not sent by post. Admit card of JIPMER PG 2018 Jan session exam is only issued to those candidates who submitted their application form and fee on time.
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam Pattern
Mode of exam – Online entrance test. The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY. The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:-
|Subject / Details||Pattern|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100 questions|
|Clinical Sciences||150 questions|
|Total number of questions||250 questions|
|Total duration of exam||3 hours|
|Type of question||MCQ|
|Marks for correct answer||+4|
|Marks for no answer||0|
|Marks for incorrect answer (negative marking)||-1|
Exam Centers – The exam is scheduled to be held at the following cities – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhuvaneswar, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Puducherry, Trivandrum & Vijyawada.
JIPMER PG (MD / MS) Seats and Fee Structure
Distribution of 90 seats for Indian Nationals, 05 seats for Indian Candidates sponsored by Govt and 05 seats for Non-Resident Indians are given below.
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||3||0||0|
|Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion||1||0||0|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9||0||1|
|Oto-Rhino Laryngology (ENT)||3||0||0|
The number and distribution of seats are subject to variation depending upon the periodic
directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
|Description||M.D. / M.S. (Fee in INR)|
|Admission fee (one time)||3,000.00|
|Academic Fee (annual)||2,200.00|
|Learning Resource fee (One time)||9,000.00|
|Student information details||1500.00|
|Identity Card Charges (One time)||150.00|
For More Details regarding JIPMER PG (MD / MS) Entrance Exam 2018 – Download Brochure