JIPMER PG 2020 – Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) has declared result of JIPMER PG 2020, in the form of merit list on jipmer.edu.in JIPMER PG Jan 2020 entrance exam was held on December 08, 2019. The entrance exam is conducted to shortlist candidates for admission in MD/ MS courses. There are 19 MD and 5 MS courses available at JIPMER Puducherry. The candidates who have MBBS as qualifying degree can appear for the entrance exam based on which admission is offered by JIPMER. Check more details on JIPMER PG 2020 entrance exam from this page.
Latest: JIPMER PG (MD/MS) Jan 2020 result is out. Check result here
JIPMER PG 2020
JIPMER PG entrance exam is conducted in online mode in a single shift only. Both Indian and foreign nationals can apply for this entrance exam. Candidates can check the complete schedule for JIPMER PG entrance exam 2020 from the table below.
|Online application form available from||18 Sep 2019|
|Last date to apply for JIPMER Entrance Exam||25 Oct 2019|
|Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER||13 Nov – 08 Dec 2019|
|JIPMER Entrance Exam date|
|Expected date of publication of Merit|
|17 Dec 2019|
|Rank letter issuance||19 Dec 2019, 11 am onwards|
|OPH/ Foreign Nationals/Sponsored|
|26 Dec 2019|
|1st Counseling||27 Dec 2019|
|2nd Counseling||08 Jan 2020|
|3rd Counselling||05 Feb 2020|
|Final Counselling||26 Feb 2020|
|Admission formalities||30 Dec 2019|
|Issue of Admission Letter &|
Letter for Hostel accommodation
|31 Dec 2019|
|Commencement of Course||01 Jan 2020|
|Date of Closing admission||29 Feb 2020|
JIPMER PG 2020 Result
Candidates can check JIPMER PG 2020 result is the form of merit list on jipmer.edu.in. The merit list is released for all the categories separately and the same is used for counselling and admission. An overall merit list is also uploaded just for reference of the candidates. The result is also released in the form of rank letter a few days after merit list is declared. The same is to be downloaded from the respective logins of the candidates and carried to the counselling venue.
On the merit list candidates can check the following details:
- Serial number
- Roll number
- Name of the candidates
- date of birth
- Number of correct responses
- Number of wrong responses
- Total marks
- UR rank
- category rank
JIPMER PG 2020 Counselling
The counselling will be done based on the JIPMER MD / MS Entrance Exam 2020. The counselling conducted at JIPMER, Puducherry and the physical presence of the candidates is compulsory. Proportional allocation of seats and interval fixing at the time of JIPMER PG counseling 2020 is based on Model Roster of Reservation and share of entitlement. Candidates who qualify for counselling have to report at the venue, date and time mentioned in the website at the time of declaration of results.
On the day of the counselling carry these documents:
- Original Hall Ticket with seal of the Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate/SSLC mark List)
- MBBS Mark Statement
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- MBBS Degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate.
JIPMER PG (MD / MS) Seats Intake
Distribution of 90 seats for Indian Nationals, 05 seats for Indian Candidates sponsored by Govt and 05 seats for Non-Resident Indians are given below. The seats intake is given below.
|Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||3||0||0|
|Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion||1||0||1|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9||1||1|
|Oto-Rhino Laryngology (ENT)||3||0||0|
The number and distribution of seats are subject to variation depending upon the periodic directives/decisions from Competent Authorities.
|Description||M.D. / M.S. (Fee in INR)|
|Admission fee (one time)||5,000.00|
|Academic Fee (annual)||2,200.00|
|Learning Resource fee (One time)||9,000.00|
|Student information details||1500.00|
|Identity Card Charges (One time)||150.00|
JIPMER PG Admit Card 2020
Hall ticket for the JIPMER MD / MS entrance exam 2020 has been released at JIPMER official website. Candidates can download by logging in to their account using their user id and password. It contains information like address of the exam centre, reporting timings, exam date, exam time, etc. It must be noted that the JIPMER hall ticket is not sent by post.
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the exam pattern for JIPMER PG Jan 2020:
- Mode of the exam – It is an online computer-based test.
- Duration of the test – The entrance exam is of 03 hours
- Type of questions – There will be objective type MCQ questions
- Total number of questions – There are 250 number of questions
- Marking scheme – For a correct answer, you will get 04 marks and for an incorrect answer, 01 marks are deducted.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions from the table below.
|Subject / Details||Pattern|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100 questions|
|Clinical Sciences||150 questions|
|Total number of questions||250 questions|
JIPMER PG 2020 Test Centres
The exam centers are made in most of the major cities for the convenience of the candidates. There are 10 test cities that will be made in the test centers. The test centers are provided below.
The exam is scheduled to be held at the following cities –
- New Delhi
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam Application Form 2020
You can fill the online application form to appear in the JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2020 through the official website (jipmer.edu.in). The application form is available online as per the schedule given above. All candidates must enter correct and verifiable details in the form.
- General (UR) / OCI/ Sponsored and OBC candidates have to pay Rs 1600 towards online registration and entrance exam fee.
- SC and ST candidates must pay Rs 1200 and for NRI candidates must pay Rs. 3000/-.
- OPH candidates are exempted from Application Fee.
- Application fee can be paid via net banking, credit card, or debit cards.
- While filling up the application form for JIPMER PG 2020 MD / MS Entrance Exam, you must refer to your official documents so that only correct information is entered. For example, check your class 10 and 12 marks sheet for spelling of names, date of birth, and so on.
- The images uploaded in the online form at jipmer.edu.in must adhere to the dimensions and size specified in the information brochure.
JIPMER PG Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility
Candidate must fulfil the following eligibility conditions for JIPMER MD / MS entrance exam and admission for January 2020 session.
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
For More Details regarding JIPMER PG (MD / MS) Entrance Exam 2020 January session download – Information Brochure.
Official website: jipmer.edu.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.