The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) released the result of JK Polytechnic (PET) 2019 is released on May 02, 2019. It conducts Entrance Examination and select candidates for admission to three-year Diploma in Polytechnic Courses. The Subjects include all core branches of engineering, besides Computer and Information Technology, Occupational and Secretarial Management based disciplines are also offered at different Government and Private Polytechnic Colleges of the State. Admission will be either through entrance exam or on the basis of academic merit of the qualifying examination of the candidate. In case more applications are received for admission than the number of seats allotted than admission will be held on the basis of the entrance exam.
JK Polytechnic 2019 (PET)
Candidates can check the important dates on the schedule below:
|Date of filling up of application forms||04 Jan 2019|
|Last date of filling up of application forms|
|Downloading of Admit Cards|
|Date of conduct of examination||07 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of key||08 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of result|
|Mock Exercise||11 to 12 May 2019|
|Filling up of preferences||13 to
|Last date of online payment of fee(500/-)|
|Last date for editing of preferences|
|Second round of counselling||27 Jun to 02 Jul 2019|
|Mop Up round of counselling||24 & 25 Jul 2019|
|Special drive for filling up of vacant seats||05 to 08 Aug 2019|
JK PET 2019 Counselling
BOPEE has started the online preference filling for JK PET 2019 Counselling after the announcement of the result. Candidates can fill their preferences online through the links provided below. Candidates will initially require to enter the requisite mandatory details for registration and obtaining the password for subsequent logging into the website. The candidate shall have to deposit a Fee of Rs. 500 online and after submission of the online fee the preference form of the candidate will be locked.
- Click here to check the notice regarding Mop up round of counselling of Three Year Diploma of Polytechnic (Engineering) Course 2019.
- Click Here to check Counselling of Three Year Polytechnic Diploma Engineering Course, 2019 — upgradation and fresh allotment.
- Click here to check the notice for special drive for filling up of vacant seats of Three-Year Polytechnic Diploma (Engineering) Course.
- Click here to check Mop up a round of counseling of Three Year Diploma of Polytechnic (Engineering) Course, 2019.
- Click here to check the tentative seat matrix of MopUp (III) Round of counselling.
- Click here to check the seat matrix of PET 2019 unfilled seats after the conclusion of second round of counselling.
- Click here to check the Round 2 Seat Allotment.
- Click here to check updated seat matrix of PET 2019 for 2nd round of counselling.
- Click here to check the notification for second round of counselling.
- Click here to check seat matrix of PET 2019 after completion of the 1st round of counselling.
- Click here to Sign Up
- Click here to Login
- Click here to get BOPEE Application No.
- Click here to get Activation Link (if account activation e-mail is not received).
- Click here to check the instructions.
JK Polytechnic 2019 (PET) Answer key
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) has released PET Answer key. Candidates can check their answers and calculate their score accordingly. PET answer key is available on the official website and the direct link is also provided here.
Answer key: Click here to check JK Polytechnic (PET) 2019 Answer key.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for JK Polytechnic 2019 should fit the following criteria to be eligible for applying-
- Must be a permanent resident of J&K State as defined in section 6 of the Constitution of the
- The candidate should have passed Secondary School Examination (Matriculation or equivalent examination) from a recognized statutory Board. The candidates appearing/ appeared in 10th class
an examination can also apply for the Entrance Test.
- Should have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in 10th class. In case of being an open merit
candidate and at least 37% marks in case of being a reserved category.
- Those who have appeared in the Matriculation Examination up to the last date i.e. 03-02-2019 are also eligible provided they have qualified the examination at the time of the declaration of the result of the BOPEE
- The aspirant must have passed Science and Math subjects in the 10th class examination at the time of counseling and secured a percentage of marks as given above.
Note: There is no upper limit on age for appearing in the entrance examination for JK Polytechnic 2019 for both Government and Private colleges.
Important Notice Regarding Eligibility for PET Examination 2019 –
Click here to check eligibility to participate for online counselling/filling up of preferences.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Application Form
The Application Form for JK Polytechnic 2019 can be filled through online mode only. Eligible candidates are required to fill the details carefully as after submission the details cannot be changed. Online payment of Rs.450 has to be made as Application Fee through ‘Integrated Payment Gateway’ with the help of any national Credit Card/ Debit Card only. Candidates are required to keep scanned copies of certificates which will be required to upload while filling the online Application Form.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card
The Admit Card for JK Polytechnic 2019 can be downloaded on the scheduled date from the official website given below. It is important to note that the print of Admit Card should be on photo paper in colored. Candidates must carry original Admit Card to the examination center as without it entry will not be allowed.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Exam Pattern
The JK Polytechnic 2019 examination will consist of 180 Questions. Each correct question will be awarded one mark and negative marking of 0.25 will be there for each for wrong answer. A candidate having less than ten marks or less than the marks as fixed by the Board shall not be considered for admission. The question paper will be objective type containing multiple choice questions (MCQs). All the questions are compulsory. The OMR Answer Sheets will be supplied to the candidates in the examination hall. The time duration of the entrance examination will be three hours. The questions will be based on the knowledge of a candidate on topics of the 10th Standard level. The Question distribution for different subjects will be-
- From English 30 Questions
- From Chemistry 30 Questions
- From Physics 50 Questions
- From Mathematics 70 Questions
The candidates are required to check the question booklet for any missing page, blank page, missed the question or damaged or defaced page. The candidate must bring it into the notice of the concerned invigilator and get it replaced by a new Booklet of the same series. No complaint in this regard will be
entertained by the Board after the conclusion of the examination. Each question booklet will have four series, which are in alphabets A, B, C, D printed on the cover page of the Question Booklet. After the exam, candidates can take the Question Booklets with them.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Exam Centres
The Entrance Exam for JK Polytechnic 2019 will be conducted as specified by the Board in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only. The information related to the examination center will be specified in the Admit Card for candidates. Candidates should note that the Exam Centre once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
Time schedule for the candidates in the examination hall for JK Polytechnic 2019 is present below in the table. Candidates can check the timings below:
|Reporting time in the Examination center||09:55 AM|
|The Invigilator take attendance on the attendance sheet of the candidates by comparing his/her facial appearance with the photograph given on the admit card. The center Supervisor will also check the identity of the candidates and ensure any case of impersonation.||10:00 AM|
|OMR Answer Sheet will be given to the candidates. They can go through
instructions printed and fill in the particulars on the Answer Sheet.
|Candidates will be given Question Booklet. The Question Booklet number is to be
entered on the Answer Sheet.
|Candidates will be allowed to break open the seal of the Question Booklet and start attempting the questions paper.||10:30 AM|
|The candidates are required to remain seated. OMR Answer Sheets are to be handed over to the Invigilator, candidates can take the question answer booklet and
OMR candidate’s copy along with them and leave the examination hall only when asked to do so.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Syllabus
The entrance exam for JK Polytechnic 2019 is based on syllabi of the 10th Standard level. Candidates can check the weightage of each subject below:
A total of 30 Questions will come from English. Topics can be seen below in the schedule:
|Topic||No. of Question|
|Pronouns-Type and Uses||4|
|Conjunction-Type and Uses||4|
|Models-modal Auxiliaries and their Uses||4|
|Reported Speech-Changes in Verb and Other Changes||3|
|Past Perfect Uses||3|
|To-Infinitive And-Hing Forms||3|
|Other Sentence Pattern||3|
|Clauses-Types of Clauses and their Uses||3|
Total 50 Questions will come from Physics. Candidates can check the syllabus below.
Unit 1: Light-Reflection and Refraction – 12 Questions
- Reflection of Light, spherical mirrors; Image formation; uses of spherical mirrors.
- Sign conventions for spherical mirrors; the relation between focal length and radius of curvature;
mirror formula (only relation) (Numerical problems); magnification.
- Refraction of Light, refraction through a glass slab, refractive index, Conditions for no
- Spherical Lenses, Image formation, sign conventions, lens formula (only relation) (Numerical
Problems), Magnification (Numerical Problems), power of lenses (Numerical Problems).
Unit 2: The Human Eye and the Colorful World – 5 Questions
- The human eye, the power of accommodation, defects of vision and their correction.
- Glass prism (refraction and dispersion)
- Atmospheric refraction-twinkling of stars and color of the sun at sunrise and sunset.
Unit 3: Electricity – 15 Questions
- The concept of electric charge;
- Electric current; electric potential and potential difference;
- Ohm’s law and experimental verification; resistance and its dependence; the combination of
resistances (in series and in parallel) (Numerical Problems)
- Heating effect of current-Electric power and energy (Numerical Problems)
Unit 4: Magnetic Effects of Current – 10 Questions
- Orested Experiment; Magnetic field and field liners.
- Magnetic field due to a current carrying-Straight, coil (loop) and solenoid (qualitative only).
- Force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field.
- Electric Motor; Domestic electric circuits
Unit 5: Sources of Energy – 8 Questions
- Various sources of energy; Conventional sources of energy; improvement in technology for
using conventional sources of energy (Biomass and wind energy)
- Non-conventional sources of energy (Solar energy, Energy from the sea).
- Nuclear energy (Nuclear fusion and nuclear fission).
- Lasting of energy sources
A total of 30 Questions will come from Chemistry.
Unit 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations – 5 Questions
- The chemical equation, writing of chemical equation; Balancing chemical equations.
- Types of chemical reactions; Viz. Combination reactions; Decomposition reactions;
- Displacement reactions; Double displacement reactions; Oxidation and reduction.
- Effects of oxidation and reduction reactions in everyday life, viz. corrosion and rancidity
Unit 2: Periodic Classification of Elements – 4 Questions
- Early attempts regarding classification of elements; like 0’Debernier triads, New lands law of
- Mendeleev’s periodic table its achievements and limitations.
- Modern periodic table; position of elements trends in modern periodic table viz. valiancy,
Atomic size, Metallic and non-metallic properties
Unit 3: Carbon and its Compounds – 10 Questions
- Bonding in Carbon, Covalent bond, Allotropes of carbon;
- Versatile nature of carbon; Saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons; chains; Branches and
rings; homologous series and its characteristics; nomenclature of Carbon Compounds.
- Chemical properties of carbon compounds viz. combustion; oxidation; Addition and
- Important Carbon compounds like Ethane and Ethanoic acid. Properties of Ethanol and
- Soaps and Detergents.
Unit 4: Metals and Non-Metals – 6 Questions
- Physical properties of metals and non-metals.
- Chemical properties of metals like the action of water, air, acids, salts; Reactivity series of metals.
- Cause of reactivity of metals and non-metals. Properties of ionic compounds.
- The occurrence of metals; their extraction, enrichment of ores, Extraction of metals in
accordance with activity series; refining of metals.
- Corrosion of metals and its fermentation.
Unit 5: Acid Basis and Salt – 5 Questions
- An idea about acids and bases; chemical properties of acids and bases viz. The action of metals,
metal carbonates, metal hydrogen carbonates (only in case of acids), metallic acids; nonmetallic
acids and bases.
- Similarities in acids and bases; the reaction of acids and bases with water.
- The strength of acids and base solutions; pH and its importance.
- The idea of salts, their family, and pH. Chemicals from common salts like Sodium Hydroxide,
Baking soda and Washing soda; Hydrated salts & Plaster of Paris.
A total 70 Questions will come from Mathematics. Candidates can check the syllabus below.
Unit 1: Real Numbers – 3 Questions
Euclid’s division lemma, Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic, Statements after reviewing work
done earlier and after illustrating through examples, Proofs of results irrationality of √2, √3, √5
decimal expansion rational numbers in terms of terminating/ non-terminating recurring decimals.
The motivation for studying Arithmetic progression, Derivation of standard results.
Unit 2: Pair of Linear Equation in Two Variables – 6 Questions
Pair of Linear Equation in two variables. Algebraic conditions for a number of solutions. Solutions of
a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically by substitution, by elimination and by cross
multiplication. Simple situational problems may be included. Simple problems on equations
reducible to the linear equation may be included.
Unit 3: Polynomials – 4 Questions
Zeroes of a Polynomial, Relationship between zeroes and coefficients of a polynomial with
particular reference to quadratic polynomials.
Quadratic Equation – 09 Questions
The standard form of Quadratic equation ax2 +bx+c=0,(a=0), solution of quadratic equation (only real
roots) by factorization any by completing the square, i.e.by using quadratic formulas, relationship
between discriminant and nature of roots. Problems related to day to day activities to be
Unit 4: Triangles – Questions
Definitions, examples counterexamples of similar triangles:
1. (Prove): If a line is drawn parallel tone side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in
distance points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
2. (Motivate): if a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to
the third side.
3. (Motivate): If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding
sides are proportional and the triangle is similar.
4. (Motivate): If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding
angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
5. (Motivate): If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides
including these angles re proportional, the two triangles are similar.
6. (Motivate): If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle to the
hypotenuse, the triangle on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle
and to each other.
7. (Prove): The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles is equal to the ratios of the squares
on their corresponding sides.
8. (Prove): In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the square
on the other two sides.
9. (Prove): In a triangle, if the squares on one side are equal to sum of the squares on the two
sides, the angles opposite to the first side is a right triangle.
Unit 5: Coordinate Geometry – 7 Questions
Lines (in two dimensions)
Review the concepts of coordinate geometry done earlier including graphs of linear equations.
Awareness of geometrical representation of quadratic equations polynomials, Distance between
two points and section formula (internal). Area of a triangle.
Unit 6: Introduction to Trigonometry – 10 Questions
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined), motivate the ratios, whichever are defined at 0’ and 90’. Values with proofs of the trigonometric ratios of 30’,45’ and 60’. The relationship between the ratios. Trigonometric identities, Proofs, and applications of the identity 2 + Cos2 = 1, only simple identities to give. Trigonometric ratios of complementary angles.
Unit 7: Heights and Distances – 3 Questions
Simple and believable problems on heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than
two right triangles. The angle of elevation/ depression should be only 30, 45, 60.
Unit 8: Surface Areas and Volumes – 10 Questions
- Problems on finding surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following
cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/ cones, frustum of a cone.
- Problems involving converting one type of metallic solid into another and other mixed
problems. Problems with a combination of not more than two different solids are taken.
Unit 9: Probability – 4 Questions
History, Repeated experiments and observed frequency approach to probability focus is on
empirical probability. The classical definition of probability, Simple problems on a single event, not using set rotation.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Result
As far as the result is concerned, no specific date has yet been announced till date but according to the official notification the result will be declared latest by April 2019. After the conclusion of Entrance Examination, the answer key has been displayed on BOPEE’s website for three days so that a candidate finding any discrepancy in the Question Paper and Answer Key can submit representation along with proper proof from standard text book within three working days after the test is over in the BOPEE’s office at Srinagar or Jammu. The representations will be consolidated and referred to the experts whose opinion will be final. The revised key, if any, will be uploaded on the BOPEE’s website and thereafter no complaint will be entertained. The result will be published in two local dailies and will be uploaded on the website of the Board www.jakbopee.org/www.jkbopee.gov.in The process of admission will be notified separately.
JK Polytechnic 2019 Selection Process
The selection process for JK Polytechnic will be as follows:
On the basis of aggregate marks scored by candidates in the examination (10th class), a Merit List will be prepared in case entrance is not conducted. But if entrance examination is conducted the selection will be done on their performance in the entrance exam and according to the eligibility. A list will be prepared by the Board in describing order for the general as well as reserved category both separately. Seats will be allotted in Government Polytechnic Colleges, according to the list for each category. In case seats reserved for the reserved category are more than the applied candidates, vacancies will be filled from open merit category in order of merit.
If two or more candidates have obtained the same number of marks in the entrance test, such clash will be determined by taking in account the following:
- Candidates marks obtained in Mathematics component of the Entrance test
- Candidates marks obtained in Physics component of the Entrance test, if marks obtained in
Mathematics component are equal
- Candidates marks obtained in Chemistry component of the Entrance test if marks obtained in
Mathematics and Physics components are equal
- Candidate older in age if marks obtained in Math, Physics, and Chemistry are same.
The allotment for JK Polytechnic will be done on the basis of merit cum preference and reservation rules, through a process of counseling. Candidates are advised to fill in the online preference form. If physical round takes place, the candidates must appear for counseling. All documents in original such as admit card and a payment receipt of Rs. 500/- has to be paid at the POS terminal at BOPEE office Srinagar or Jammu. The fees could also be paid through swap machine available at BOPEE office, Srinagar or Jammu. However, in exceptional cases, on the basis of documentary proof that the applicant is an orphan or is living in poverty, the fee charged may be refunded if he/she fails to take admission due to some reasons beyond control. Multiple choices of discipline must be clearly stated by the candidate in order of his/ her preference.
The seat matrix for JK Polytechnic 2019 is given below, candidates can check the same from the below:
- Click here to check the revised availability of seats in Polytechnic.
|Categories||Reservation in Percentage|
|Open Merit (OM)||50|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||08|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP)||03|
|Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) *** (over and above intake capacity)||05|
- Reservations are not for admission to private Polytechnic Colleges. But the Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) is applicable to all the Polytechnic colleges. Only if the category to which the candidate belongs has been mentioned in the online Application Form. This shall be done while filling the form as any changes or inclusion later will not be entertained.
- The certificate for Reservation Category for the applicant will be issued by the Competent Authority which has to be uploaded to the online Application Form.
- In colleges such as Govt. Women’s Polytechnic Lower Shiv Nagar, Jammu and Government Women’s Polytechnic, Bemina, Srinagar only females candidates will be admitted. While in Government Boys Polytechnic, Jammu, 15 seats are reserved for female candidates in the Travel and Tourism Branch. In Kashmir Govt. Boys Polytechnic, Srinagar, 15 seats are reserved for female candidates in Computer Engineering Branch.
- Rules 5 and 6 of the JK BOPEE Rules, 2014 deal with reservation of candidates for admission for Polytechnic Courses. Candidates can claim the benefit of the reserved category. These two rules have been reproduced for the benefit of the candidates. Candidates are advised to go through them before they fill up their online Application Form.
Note: A candidate will be considered only for one reserved category for selection.
For more information regarding JK PET 2019 visit the below mentioned links:
Official website: www.jkbopee.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.