JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET) – The board has again extended the last date of JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET) Application Form. Now candidates can fill the JK Polytechnic application form until July 31, 2020. It is available in online mode on its official website, which is jkbopee.gov.in. Apart from it, JKBOPEE has also postponed the JK Polytechnic 2020. BOPEE has released the notice regarding lowering of eligibility percentage of marks from 40% and 37% to 35% for admission to 3-year diploma Polytechnic (Engineering) courses. J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations conducts the Polytechnic Entrance Test (PET) for admission to 3-year diploma Polytechnic (Engineering) courses. Those candidates who are the permanent resident of J&K have can apply for the entrance test. There is no upper age limit for appearing in the Entrance Test. Check out more details regarding the JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET) in the article below.
– The Application Form deadline is extended again up to July 31, 2020. Click here to apply.
– Candidates whose 12th Board results have been declared need to submit marks certificate before July 31, 2020. This can be done by visiting BOPEE offices in Jammu/Srinagar between 10 AM to 4 PM or via email, with 12th marks certificate and application form number, to [email protected]
– JKBOPEE has released the notice for lowering of eligibility percentage for admission to 3-year diploma Polytechnic (Engineering) courses. Scroll down to check.
JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET)
Candidates appearing for the entrance test can check the complete schedule for JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET) in the table below.
|JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET)||Dates|
|Date of filling up of application forms||23 Mar 2020|
|Last date of filling up of application forms|
31 Jul 2020
|Submission of 12th mark sheet for candidates |
whose result has been declared
31 Jul 2020
|Downloading of Admit Cards||to be announced|
|Date of conduct of examination|
|Declaration of key|
|Declaration of result|
|Filling up of preferences|
|Last date of online payment of fee (500/-)|
|Last date for editing of preferences|
|Second round of counselling|
|Mop Up round of counselling|
|Special drive for filling up of vacant seats|
JK Polytechnic 2020 Application Extension Notice
As per the notification dated on July 31, 2020, the last date to apply has been extended up to July 31, 2020. Check the complete notice from below.
Click here to download this notice.
JK Polytechnic 2020 Notice – Lowering of Eligibility Percentage
JK Polytechnic 2020 Exam Date Postponed Notice
As per the notification dated April 23, 2020, JKBOPEE has postponed the JK Polytechnic 2020 and also extended the last date to fill the JK Polytechnic 2020 Application Form. Check the complete information from below image.
- Click here to check the JK Polytechnic 2020 exam date postponed notice.
JK Polytechnic 2020 Application Form
The eligible aspirants can up the application form for JK Polytechnic 2020 online at jakbopee.org. Once the application will submit, candidates cannot change any detail in the JK Polytechnic 2020 Application Form. The application fee is payable by online mode only. After submitting the application form, the applicants can check the status of their application. Also, the candidates have uploaded a scanned image of their photograph, signature and thumb impression as per the specifications only.
Application Fee – The students have paid Rs. 500 for the application fee.
Mode of Payment – The application fee was payable by either of the following modes:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Image Specification –
|photograph||10-50 KB||JPG/ JPEG|
|signature||10-50 KB||JPG/ JPEG|
|Document||Smaller than 200 KB|
JK Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the Common Entrance Test (PET) 2020, the candidates need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria as given below:
- The candidates must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir State or ladakh.
- Passed in Secondary School Examination/class 10th or equivalent examination from a recognized board/Institution.
- The candidates must obtain 40% marks in 10th standard and in case of being an open merit candidate not less than 37% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates.
- The candidates appearing/appeared in the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in the Entrance Test but they have to upload/submit the qualifying examination certificate within the prescribed date.
Age Limit – There is no upper age bar for appearing in the Entrance Test for admission to Polytechnic Courses, both in Government and Private Colleges.
JK Polytechnic 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for JK Polytechnic 2020 as follows:
- Mode of the exam: Online / Offline
- Duration of the test: 03 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ type
- Number of Questions: 180
- Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
- Standard of the Test: The paper will have questions as per the Class 10th standard.
The distribution of questions is given in the table below:
|Name of the Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
JK Polytechnic 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for JK Polytechnic 2020 is based on the standard of Class 10th and the syllabus for it was as follows:
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Pronouns- Type & Uses||04|
|Conjunction- Type & Uses||04|
|Models- Modal Auxiliaries & their Uses||04|
|Reported Speech- Changes in Verb and other changes||03|
|Clauses- Types & their Uses||03|
|Past perfect- Uses||03|
|To-Infinitive And-Hing Forms||03|
|Other Sentence Patterns||03|
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Light-Reflection and Refraction||12|
|The Human Eye and the Colorful World||05|
|Magnetic Effects of Current||10|
|Sources of Energy||08|
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Chemical Reactions & Equations||05|
|Periodic Classification of Elements||04|
|Carbona nd its Compounds||10|
|Metals and Non- Metals||06|
|Acids, Bases and Salts||05|
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Pair of Linear Equation in Two Variables||06|
|Introduction to Trigonometry||10|
|Heights and Distances||03|
|Surface Areas and Volumes||10|
JK Polytechnic 2020 Admit Card
After the application process was over, the BOPEE will release the admit card. Only those who complete the registration process can download their JK Polytechnic 2020 Admit Card online at jakbopee.org. To download the admit card, the applicants need to enter their Application Number and Date of Birth. It was important that candidates should take a print out of the J&K Diploma PET Admit Card and bring it on the day of the exam.
JK Polytechnic 2020 Exam Centres
The Entrance Exam for JK Polytechnic 2020 will be conducted as specified by the Board in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only. The information related to the examination center will be specified in the Admit Card for candidates. Candidates should note that the Exam Centre once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances.
JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET) Answer key
After the declaration of the result, the Answer key will be uploaded on the official website of BOPEE. With the help of the JK Polytechnic 2020 Answer Key, the candidates can cross check their answers and calculate their estimate score. In case, any candidate would have any objection related to any answer then he/she can submit the objection to the board within the three working days.
JK Polytechnic 2020 Result
The candidates can check their result for the entrance test online at the BOPEE website. To check the result the candidates will have to enter their roll number. The Board will prepare the merit list on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. Those whose name appears in the merit list will then be eligible to appear for Counselling.
JK Polytechnic 2020 (PET) Counselling
The last stage of the admission process is Counselling. The candidates get shortlisted for JK Polytechnic 2020 counselling on the basis of the marks obtained by them in the entrance test and as per the available seats in the different Polytechnic colleges. The Board has decide to conduct online counseling or the physical presence of the candidate is necessary. However, if the Board conducts online counseling, the candidates need to submit the online preference form and on the basis of it, the candidates will be allotted a seat. last year, the candidates have to pay an online counseling fee of Rs.500/-. There shall be three rounds of counseling and a mop-up round.
The give below is the seat matrix for JK Polytechnic 2019, candidates can check the below seat matrix 2019 for reference.
Click here to check the revised availability of seats in Polytechnic 2019.
The BOPEE reserves the following percentage of seats for the categories as given below:
|Categories||Reservation in Percentage|
|Open Merit (OM)||50|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||08|
|Scheduled Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|Scheduled Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|Scheduled Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|Other Scheduled Tribes (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense Personnel (CDP)||03|
|Tuition fee Waiver (TFW) *** (over and above intake capacity)||05|
- Reservations are not for admission to private Polytechnic Colleges. But the Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) is applicable to all the Polytechnic colleges. Only if the category to which the candidate belongs has been mentioned in the online Application Form. This shall be done while filling the form as any changes or inclusion later will not be entertained.
- The certificate for Reservation Category for the applicant will be issued by the Competent Authority which has to be uploaded to the online Application Form.
- In colleges such as Govt. Women’s Polytechnic Lower Shiv Nagar, Jammu and Government Women’s Polytechnic, Bemina, Srinagar only females candidates will be admitted. While in Government Boys Polytechnic, Jammu, 15 seats are reserved for female candidates in the Travel and Tourism Branch. In Kashmir Govt. Boys Polytechnic, Srinagar, 15 seats are reserved for female candidates in Computer Engineering Branch.
- Rules 5 and 6 of the JK BOPEE Rules, 2014 deal with reservation of candidates for admission for Polytechnic Courses. Candidates can claim the benefit of the reserved category. These two rules have been reproduced for the benefit of the candidates. Candidates are advised to go through them before they fill up their online Application Form.
Note: A candidate will be considered only for one reserved category for selection.
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination
The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations was established in 2002.The purpose of constituting BOPEE is to conduct entrance tests by an Act of the Legislature, to execute the task of selection of candidates independently, objectively and more efficiently. The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations conducts different Examinations like Combined Entrance Test for admissions to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, SKIMS Courses, B.Sc. Physiotherapy, B.E. and Diploma Dental Hygiene and MD/MS/PG Diploma/MDS Entrance Test.
For more information regarding JK PET 2020, visit the below mentioned links for reference:
Official website: jkbopee.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.