JKCET Counselling 2020– Jammu & Kashmir Counselling 2020 will be conducted by the Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (JK BOPEE). The counseling process will be conducted in online mode by the board. Through the counseling, process candidates will get an opportunity of indicating their choices/preferences for allotment of an institution. The selection will be recommended strictly on the basis of merit of eligible candidates determined by the rank obtained in the entrance examination. Allotment of streams/institutions shall be made through counseling. The counseling fee that has to be paid by the candidates is Rs. 1200/-. Read the complete article to know about JKCET 2020 Counselling.
– JKCET 2020 tentative seat matrix of CET Engineering for mopup round of Physical Counselling has released. Click here to download the same.
– JKCET 2020 Mop-up /’.0round details have released for Physical Counselling for upgradation/allotment seats in B.E./B. Tech. Engineering Courses, 2020 in Government/Private Engineering Colleges of UT of J&K/Ladakh. Click here to check the same.
– JKCET 2020 Second Round of Counselling Upgradation/Allotment of candidates for Admission B.E/B.Tech (Engineering) Courses-2020 [CET-NN-48 Dt. 12-11-2020] has been released. Click here to check it.
– JKCET 2020 Operative Seat Matrix of CET Engineering for 2nd Round of Physical Counselling Dated November 12 has been released. Click here to download it.
– JKCET 2020 Day 6 operative seat matrix of CET Engineering Course for 2nd round of Physical Counselling [CET-SM-2RC-D6] has released. Click here to download it.
– JKCET 2020 Day 5 operative seat matrix of CET Engineering Courses, for the second round of Physical Counselling.[CET-SM-2RC-D5]. Click here to check the same.
– JKCET 2020 Operative Seat Matrix of CET Engineering for 2nd Round of Physical Counselling Dated November 09 has been released. Click here to check it.
– JKCET 2020 Operative Seat Matrix of CET Engineering for 2nd Round of Physical Counselling Dated November 07 has been released. Click here to the same.
– JKCET 2020 Conduct of Second Round of Physical Counselling for upgradation & allotment seats in B.E./B.Tech. Engineering Courses Notice has been released. Scroll down to check the same.
JKCET Counselling 2020
The candidates will be called for counselling one after the other in order of rank for allotment of discipline/institution. Colleges under J&K CET offers following specializations – Civil / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics / Mechanical / Electronics & Communication / Computer / Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology / Bio-Medical Engineering. The expected JKCET 2020 Counselling dates are given below:
|JKCET Counselling 2020||Dates|
|Declaration of Result|
|Filling up of Preferences|
|Payment of Online Fee|
|Editing of Preferences|
|Last date for admission to allotted colleges/ institutions|
27-28 Nov 2020
Counselling: Candidates can apply for JKCET counselling 2020 will be released on the official website i.e. jakbopee.org.
JKCET 2020 Conduct of Second Round of Physical Counselling for upgradation & allotment seats in B.E./B.Tech. Engineering Courses
Click here to check the above Notice.
JKCET 2020 Counselling Process
Subject to the qualifying benchmark as may be fixed by the board, the allotment of seats shall be made on the basis of first cum preference and reservation rules, as applicable for the course, through a process of counselling maybe online or physical, the process of both are given below:
The procedure of online counselling:
Step 1: Subject to the limits fixed by the board, candidates who have qualified the examination and figure in the state merit list shall be eligible to participate in the online counselling, provided they have submitted necessary documents online/offline as may be notified by the Board.
Step 2: Such candidate shall be required to fill in online preferences forms, as per the schedule as may be notified by the board.
Step 3: The candidates shall be given time to conduct a mock exercise to fill in the online preferences
STEP 4: The candidates shall be required to pay an online counselling fee of Rs.1200/- to be eligible for consideration for allotment of seat
Who can participate in JKCET 2020 Counselling?
Candidates who have appeared in the JKCET examination and have secured a rank they would be called for the counselling process, the ranks will be published in the newspaper no separate information will be sent be able to participate in the counselling. Candidates who didn’t participate in round 1 will be able to participate for round 2 and make the fee payment. Those candidates who participated in Round 1 but failed to get admission due to SNA or CNA. According to the previous year, authorities have conducted 1st round online while 2nd round of counselling was conducted in offline mode.
Original Documents required at the Time of Counselling for JKCET 2020
The candidates have to produce the following documents in original before or at the time of counselling provided they figure in the list of the candidates called for counselling or as the Board may notify from time to time in this regard.
- Certificate of permanent residence;
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate indicating Date of Birth
- Category certificate.
Participating Institutes under JKCET 2020
The candidates should indicate clearly multiple choices of disciplines/institutions in the counselling form which they want to join in order of preference. For example, if a candidate indicates his options in the following manner:
- GCET, Jammu.
- MIET, Jammu
- MBS College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu.
- SSM College of Engineering, Srinagar.
- Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu.
- Bhargava College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu.
Note: Such candidates will be first considered for allotment of Engineering – GCET-Jammu. If on merit, the candidate does not qualify for allotment of such a seat, or no seat is available at his or her turn he/she can then be considered for allotment of MIET-Jammu, then for MBS- Jammu, then for SSM-Srinagar, then for YCET- Jammu and finally for Engineering in BCET-Jammu
Options Available in JKCET 2020 Counselling
The CET candidates can be considered for admission to Three Year Diploma in Polytechnic courses on the basis of their rank secured in CET if the seats are available and they make representation to the BOPEE well before the cutoff date for admission to three year diploma inEngineering courses set by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
Reservation Policy in JKCET 2020
The criteria for the reservation that is mentioned below are only applicable to Govt. run colleges and institutions in the state as notified by Jammu and Kashmir Govt. Reservation of seats is as follows:
|Open Merit (OM)||50|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)|
|Schedule Tribe, Gujjar & Bakerwal (STGB)||06|
|Schedule Tribe, Leh District (STL)||02|
|Schedule Tribe, Kargil District (STK)||02|
|Schedule Tribe Others, (STO)||01|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|Weaker and Under privileged Classes, Social Castes (OSC)||02|
|Residets of Backward area (RBA)||20|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control (ALC)||03|
|Children of Defense personnel (CDP)||03|
|Children of Para military Forces and state Police Personnel (JKPMF/SPP)||01|
|Candidates possessing outstsanding proficiency in sports||02|
|Tution fee Waiver (TFW)||05|
Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination will organize the offline entrance exam of JKCET 2020. This state level entrance test is conducted every year to offer admission into B.Tech and B.E programmes. Candidates have to qualify this entrance test to get admission into engineering programmes in various private or government institutions situated in Jammu & Kashmir. JKCET provides online application forms which van filled through the official website.
In the year 2002, The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act was passed by the State Legislature and The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations was constituted under the Act. The Board as set up under the Act replaced the Competent Authority Entrance Examinations which was existing earlier. The purpose of constituting an examining body for entrance tests by an Act of the Legislature was to invigorate it, so that it might execute the task of selection of candidates independently, objectively and more efficiently.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.