Counselling is an extremely important component in the process of selection which affords the candidates an opportunity of indicating their choices/ preferences about allotment of disciplines/institutions. The candidates should make a realistic assessment of the streams which they are likely to get and should exercise options accordingly during counseling on the options form. Get the details of JKCET Counselling 2018 from the page below.
JKCET Counselling 2018
The selection will be recommended strictly on the basis of merit of eligible candidates determined by the rank obtained in the entrance examination. Allotment of streams/institutions shall be made through counseling.
|Declaration of Result||10 May 2018|
|Counselling Schedule||To be announced|
The candidates will be called for counseling one after the other in order of rank for allotment of discipline/institution.
Subject to the qualifying Benchmarks as may be fixed by the Board, the allotment of seats shall be made on the basis of merit cum preference and reservation rules, as applicable for the course, through a process of counseling maybe online or physical, the process of both are given below:
The procedure of online counseling:
- Subject to the limits fixed by the Board, candidates who have qualified the examination and figure in the State Merit List shall be eligible to participate in the online counseling, provided they have submitted necessary documents online/offline as may be notified by the Board.
- Such candidates shall be required to fill in online preference forms, as per the schedule as may be notified by the Board.
- The candidates shall be given time to conduct a mock exercise to fill in the online preferences.
- The candidates shall be required to pay an online counseling fee of Rs.1200/- to be eligible for consideration for allotment of seat.
The Procedure of physical counseling:
- Subject to the limits fixed by the Board candidates, who have qualified the examination and figure in the State Merit List shall be eligible to participate in the Physical counseling, provided they have submitted necessary documents online/offline as may be notified by the Board.
- Such candidates shall be required to fill in the preference form, as per the schedule as may be notified by the Board. They shall be required to be present during the process of counseling and appear before the counseling committee.
- The candidates shall be required to pay an counseling fee of Rs.1200/- to be eligible for consideration for allotment of the seat through POS machine in the BOPEE office.
- The procedure for allotment of the seat shall be the same as given herein above viz. on the basis of merit, preferences given by the candidates with due regard to the Reservation Rules. However, candidates will be called for counseling on their turn as per merit obtained in the examination.
After completion of the first round of counseling (either through online or Physical Counselling), a Notification indicating the allotment of seats to the candidates will be displayed on the website of BOEE i.e. www.jkbopee.gov.inand shall be published in the leading English dailies also.
Original Documents required at the Time of Counselling
The candidates have to produce the following documents in original before or at the time of counseling provided they figure in the list of the candidates called for counseling or as the Board may notify from time to time in this regard.
- Certificate of permanent residence;
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board;
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate indicating Date of Birth;and
- Category certificate(s).
The candidates should indicate clearly multiple choices of disciplines/institutions in the counseling form which they want to join in order of preference. For example, if a candidate indicates his options in the following manner:
- MIET- Jammu
- MBS- Jammu.
- SSM- Srinagar.
- YCET- Jammu.
Such candidates will be first considered for allotment of Engineering – GCET-Jammu. If on merit, the candidate does not qualify for allotment of such a seat, or no seat is available at his or her turn he/she can then be considered for allotment of MIET-Jammu, then for MBS- Jammu, then for SSM-Srinagar, then for YCET- Jammu and finally for Engineering in BCET-Jammu
The CET candidates can be considered for admission to Three Year Diploma in Polytechnic courses on the basis of their rank secured in CET if the seats are available and they make representation to the BOPEE well before the cutoff date for admission toThree Year Diploma inEngineering courses set by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.