JMI BE (Evening) Admission 2017 – Jamia Millia Islamia University has released notification for admission in Bachelor of Engineering Programmes in various discipline for the academic year 2017-2018. Interested and Eligible candidates who fulfil their eligibility criteria as mention below can fill their Application form online. Candidates can check the complete information of JMI BE (Evening) Admission 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
JMI BE (Evening) Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in BE (Evening) at JMI University have to fill the Application Form online from the official website jmi.ac.in. Admit Card will be uploaded on the official website after the completion of Application process. Selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained in Entrance Test and performance in GD and PI.
Schedule for the JMI BE (Evening) Admission 2017 is given below.
|Date of Entrance Test||04 Nov 2017 – For all except Computer Engg.
12 Nov 2017 – For Computer Engg.
|Declaration of List of candidates for document verification||25 Nov 2017|
|Display of list of Selected/Waitlisted candidates||15-20 Dec 2017|
Application Form 2017
The Application for admission into BE (Evening) may only be submitted On-line at Jamia Millia Islamia’s website jmi.ac.in or from the direct link provided below. There is no printed application form for admission. Candidates have to pay the application fee to complete the process. Candidates are requested to read the complete information before filling the application form.
Apply Online : Link to fill the Application Form will be available on the official website i.e., jmicoe.in
The Online Form submission process consists of two-phases viz.
- Candidate’s Registration: Entry of Basic Profile of the Candidate, and
- Entrance Application Submission: Choosing of Program(s), Category and Submission of Entrance Application Fee (Rs. 700/- for each programme or Rs. 500/- for each programme as prescribed above).
During the Registration process, the following information/details should be available with the candidate:
- A valid and readily accessible Email Id. Please note that, if required, JMI may use the registered email for future communication with the candidate.
- Softcopy of candidate’s coloured passport size photograph (Maximum 100 KB in size) in JPG/JPEG format with White Background.
- Softcopy of candidate’s signature (Maximum 100 KB in size) in JPG/JPEG format .
- Three/four year Diploma Course in respective or relevant branch from recognized Polytechnic or Technical Institute with at least two years professional experience after passing Diploma in respective or relevant branch. However, for B.E. (Computer Engineering), three/four year Diploma either in Computer Engineering or in Electronics & Communication Engineering or in relevant branch is required together with at least two years Professional Experience after Diploma. Diploma holders from University Polytechnic, J.M.I securing 70% marks or more are also eligible to appear in the Entrance Test without Professional Experience.
- The experience shall be reckoned from the date of declaration of result/date of issue of mark-sheet of qualifying examination or the date of beginning of professional engagement (whichever is later) till the last date of submission of Application Form. Documentary evidence of declaration of result is required at the time of admission.
Admit Card 2017
- Information on availability of Admit Card status shall be provided to candidates on their respective registered mobile numbers through SMS.
- Once Admit Card is available, a candidate may print it by logging into the Admission Portal on the link: www.jmicoe.in.
- After printing the Admit Card, a candidate is required to paste his/her self-attested passport size recent coloured photograph in the space provided. Candidate should follow the printed instructions on admit card.
All candidates seeking admission to various programs are required to appear in the Entrance Test(s) which in certain cases may be followed by other components such as interview etc. in accordance with the admission schedule.
- The University shall prepare merit list of candidates in various programs based on the provisions made in the University Ordinances and in accordance with various applicable reservations and relaxations.
- Entrance Test results shall be subject to clearance from the Proctorial Department of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- The lists of provisionally selected candidates as well as of those on the waiting list, for admission will be displayed on the Jamia’s website www.jmicoe.in as given in the schedule in this prospectus or as notified on the University website. No intimation to the candidates will be sent by post.
- The list of candidates selected for interview, wherever applicable, shall be displayed in ascending order of their Entrance Test Roll No. and will be displayed on Jamia’s website www.jmicoe.in on the date given in the admission schedule.
- JMI may display additional lists of candidates selected from the waiting list in order of merit as per the University procedure.
- If required, JMI may consider for spot registration for admission from the list of selected and waitlisted candidates strictly in order of merit provided that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. The details about spot registration may be notified for which the candidates are advised to check the University website www.jmicoe.in regularly.
Conduct of Interview
Candidates shortlisted for interview and/or any other specified component of the test are required to bring their Admit Card issued for the Entrance Test and self-attested copies of the documents listed below along with the originals.
Document to be required at the time of Interview
Candidates selected for admission to a Program are required to bring their Admit Cards issued for the Entrance Test and attested copies of the following documents, along with the originals, at the time of admission:
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination together with the marks sheet in accordance with the eligibility requirements for admission as mentioned in this prospectus.
- Proof of age based on the certificate of High School/Secondary School or an equivalent examination.
- Proof of entitlement for a particular reserved category issued by the competent authority.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended and migration certificate.
- Certificate from an M.B.B.S. doctor or from a government hospital certifying blood group.
- For BDS program, selected candidates shall have to submit a medical fitness certificate issued by Dr. M.A.Ansari Health Centre, JMI OR by a government hospital.
- Candidate has to bring Score card of JEE Mains 2017 and NEET 2017 for admission in B.Tech, B.Arch and BDS Programme respectively.
In case an intervening /gap period is involved, the candidate has to submit a certificate/ affidavit from Class 1 Gazetted Officer/ Notary Public for the entire intervening /gap period showing year-wise preoccupation and non-indulgence in any criminal activities after leaving the Institution last attended.
For more detail of JMI BE (Evening) Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.