JMI CDOL 2018 – The Centre for Distance and Open Learning (CDOL) was established in the Jamia Millia Islamia in September 2002 under the auspices of the Distance Education Council (DEC) currently rechristened as Distance Education Bureau (DEB). The objectives of the Centre include: provision of space for higher education to those who are inaccessible to the benefits of formal system of education and to take education to the doorsteps of the learner. Jamia Millia Islamia Centre of Distance and Open learning will publish notification for the eligible candidates for admission into Post Graduate, Undergraduate, PG Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Programmes at CDOL for the academic session 2018-2019. Candidates can check the complete information of JMI CDOL 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
JMI CDOL 2018
Application for the Certificate & Diploma Courses has been released, updates regarding the application for other courses will be given here as soon as the University releases them. Those candidates who want to get admission in the above mention courses have to fill the application form. A candidate seeking admission for a programme, if eligible, should bring her/his original documents for verification at the time of admission.
Schedule for Certificate & Diploma Courses:
|Last Date to submit the Application Form||11 Feb 2019|
The eligibility criteria for Diploma & Certificate courses in Jamia Millia Islamia Centre of Distance and Open learning is given in the table below. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the admissions in various courses. The eligibility criteria for various courses are given in the table below.
JMI CDOL Application Form 2018
Application Forms for admission in General Diploma & Certificate Courses are now available online at Jamia Millia Islamia’s website www.jmicoe.in. There is no printed application form for admission. Candidates are required to fill the Application Form available on official website. The application fee may be paid either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Netbanking. The application fee once received successfully at JMI’s end is non-refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained. JMI shall only refund the application fee in cases of failed transactions identified at its end. The direct link to fill the application form will be updated below.
Submission of Application Forms and Completion of Provisional Admission
Before submitting the filled in Application Form to CDOL/Study Centre the candidates must ensure that they:
- Satisfy the eligibility requirements for the programme applying for as their eligibility will be checked at the time of admission. No claim of any sort in this matter shall be entertained at any stage.
- Produce the relevant documents such as Date of Birth Certificate, Class X Marks Sheet and Certificate, Class XII Marks Sheet and Certificate and Graduation Marks Sheet and Certificate in original, as well as, in self-attested photocopies at the time of completing admission formalities.
- Verification of documents will be done at the CDOL/concerned Study Centre.
- After verification, the concerned Study Centre will send the all application forms to CDOL along with demand drafts and documents.
- Submit the programme fee through Demand Draft drawn in favour of Jamia Millia Islamia, payable at New Delhi.
- The CDOL reserves the right to summarily reject any application form scrutinized for any discrepancy and incorrect information before finalizing admission.
B.Ed Admission Entrance Test 2018
Admission Entrance Test 2018 for B.Ed will be held as per the schedule. Candidates will also be able to check the list of Eligible/Not Eligible candidates from the links which will be updated below.
- Admission Entrance Test will consist 100 multiple choice questions.
- Each question will be of 01 marks.
- The test will cover:
- General Mental Ability
- General Knowledge/Awareness (including Indian Geography/History/Constitution/Economy)
- Teaching Aptitude and Issues related to Education
The list of Candidates who will appear for the B.Ed (Distance Mode) Admission Entrance Test 2018-19 and selected for provisional admission to B.Ed Programme 2018-19 (Distance Mode) will be published here. Candidates can check the list through the direct link which will be updated below. The candidates are required to complete the admission formalities on or before the last date.
Jamia Millia Islamia Centre of Distance and Open learning will publish the Admission list for various Programmes. Selected Candidates are required to complete admission formalities by submitting Prescribed Programme fee before the last date through DD drawn in Favour of “Jamia Milia Islamia”, payable at “New Delhi” to the programme Coordinator of CDOL, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi – 110025.
Number of Seats & Reservation
For distance education programme, ordinarily, there is no limit to the numbers of seats. However, the numbers may be limited depending on the infrastructural capacity of a respective Study Centre.
In case of B.Ed, a limit of 500 students in a batch shall be admitted as suggested by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). Wherever the number of seats are limited (such as BED Programme) CDOL follows the same reservation policy as applicable for regular courses in the Jamia Millia Islamia.
Important: Candidates applying for the BED Programme can submit the choice of Study Centre in the Admission Application Form. The seats will be allocated purely on the basis of merit, however, if the number of preferences for a particular Study Centre exceeds the number of available seats, the CDOL reserves the right to allocate the Study Centre to such candidates.
Identity Card will be issued only to students whose admission is complete in all respects (after due process of verification). Students should produce three passport size photographs along with the prescribed identity card form available online for the issue of Identity Card.
In case of loss of Identity Card, the student shall file an FIR and submit the copy of the same along with a demand draft of Rs. 200/- in favour of the “Jamia Millia Islamia” payable at “New Delhi” in order to be issued a duplicate Identity Card.
Instruction to Candidates
The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination from a recognized Board/University/Institute.
The Jamia Millia Islamia recognizes degrees of all Central Universities, State Universities, Institutions of national importance and Foreign Universities, provided that their equivalence has been established by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Besides, the University also recognizes certain qualifications from Madarsas.
Candidates should mention complete mailing address (in CAPITAL LETTERS only) with Postal Pin Code and contact Telephone/Mobile Number in the Application Form.
PayblePassport size coloured photographs are to be pasted on the application form. Only photographs with full face front view displaying all facial features taken within last three months are to be submitted.
Policy on pursuing two or more programmes simultaneously:
A student can pursue two programmes simultaneously through distance mode or combination of distance and regular modes from the same or different Universities/Institutions in the following combinations:
- One Degree and One Diploma/ PG Diploma/Certificate
- One PG Diploma and One Diploma/Certificate
- One Diploma and One Certificate
- Two PG Diplomas
- Two Diplomas
- Two Certificates
Two Degree Programmes are not allowed to be pursued simultaneously, either from the same University or one from the Open University (under ODL mode) and the other from Conventional University.
Documents required at the time of admission
- Three passport size photographs.
- Experience certificate (wherever applicable).
- SC/ST certificate in case of BED. Programme for relaxation in eligibility as per GoI norms.
- Character Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Migration/Transfer Certificate, in original, from the Institution last attended (in case of Masters and Bachelor’s Programmes) must be submitted within 30 days from the date of admission, failing which the admission is liable to be cancelled.
- Students of the Jamia Millia Islamia have to submit documentary proof for enrollment number if allotted earlier by the Jamia Millia Islamia.
- No Objection Certificate from the present employer (wherever applicable).
Click here for official Notification of JMI CDOL (in Diploma & Certificate Courses) of 2018 – 2019.
Insofar, Jamia Millia Islamia university has only released the official notification regarding the JMI CDOL 2018 admission in Diploma & Certificate Courses. As soon as the university will release the official notification for other courses, it will be updated on this page.