JMI Engineering Admission 2018 – Jamia Milla Islamia (JMI) is offering admission in B.Tech and B.Arch courses, in session 2018-19. The admission in 4 years B.Tech and 5 years B.Arch program was granted on the basis of JEE Main 2018 merit. For JMI B.Tech admission, the merit of the candidates in JEE Main Paper 1 was considered, whereas, for the admission in B.Arch courses, the merit of the candidates in JEE Main Paper 2 was taken into consideration. Along with clearing JEE Main, the candidates will also have to fulfil the eligibility criteria of JMI Engineering Admission 2018. Candidates interested in JMI B.Tech and B.Arch Admission 2018 may check the application process, eligibility criteria, selection process, and more details from this page.
JMI Engineering Admission 2018
The admission of candidates into B.Tech & B. Arch. programs of Jamia Millia Islamia for the academic year 2018 was based on the score in JEE(Main)-2018 Examination. The schedule for JMI Engineering Admission 2018 is given in the table below.
|Online Applications released on||02 Feb 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application|
|Forms open for editing||08 to 18 Mar 2018|
|Issue of Admit Cards||08 to 13 Apr 2018|
|Academic Session Starts||01 Aug 2018|
JEE Main is a national level engineering entrance exam for UG admission. It was conducted by CBSE in online and offline mode. This year, it was held on April 08, in offline mode, and on April 15 and 16, in online mode. Candidates can check more details about the exam – From Here.
Eligibility Criteria for JMI Engineering Admission 2018
The eligibility criteria are to be fulfilled by each and every candidate. The norms of eligibility are as mentioned below:
For B.Tech Admission:
- The candidates should have passed 10+2/equivalent from a recognized Board, with 55% marks. The core subjects of study in the qualifying exam should be Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The applicant should be a Diploma holder. The Diploma should have been awarded by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education. The Diploma course should have been of 3 to 4 years and candidates must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in it.
For B.Arch Admission:
- To get admission in B.Arch course, the candidates should have qualified 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks. The core subjects in 10+2 should be Mathematics, English, Physics, and Chemistry.
- 3 Year Diploma (10+3) qualified candidates are also eligible to apply. However, the candidates should have passed Diploma course with a minimum of 50% marks and it should have been awarded by institute recognized by Central or State Govt.
JMI Engineering 2018 Application Form
The application form for the JMI Admission 2018 was available right in the official website. It is advisable that candidates check the eligibility criteria before applying. Other than that, few important things that candidates need to know before the registration are as follows:
Important Things to Know Before Applying:
- Candidates need to submit 8 digits JEE Main 2018 Application Form in the JMI Application Form. Hence, it is vital to apply for JEE Main first.
- Candidates aiming to get admission in B.Tech courses offered by JMI need to apply for JEE Main 2018 Paper 1. Whereas, B.Arch aspirants need to apply for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2. If a candidate wants to apply for both the courses then they need to appear for both Paper 1 and 2 of JEE Main 2018.
- The reserved categories in JMI are General, Muslim, Muslim OBC/ST, Muslim Women, Jamia Internal, and PWD. Candidates will have clearly specify their category in the application form of JMI Application Form.3
The Process to Apply for JMI Engineering 2018:
1. Registration – Firstly, the candidates will have to click on the link provided above and reach the JMI Login. There, the candidates will have to click on “Register Yourself”, under New Used. To register, the candidates will have to submit the following details:
- E-mail ID
- Confirm Password
- Name of Applicant
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
2. Login – Once all the details are submitted, the candidates will get a confirmation e-mail. The details of registration along with password and activation link will be mentioned on it. There will also be an activation link in the e-mail. Candidates need to click on it enter the provided activation code. Next, the candidates will have to click login by entering the Registered E-mail Id and Password.
3. Filling Details in Application Form – After login, the candidates will be able to login and submit details in the application form of JMI Engineering Admission. It should be noted that the candidates will have to enter personal details, education details, and other details in the application form.
4. Uploading of Images – Candidates need to upload photo and signature on the application form. The images are to be uploaded in the prescribed format. The specification for photograph and signature are as below:
- The photograph should be coloured and of passport size, i.e. 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm. It has to be scanned in 100 dpi and must of less than 100 KB.
- The signature is to be written on a plain white sheet. It has to be scanned and uploaded in less than 100 KB.
5. Remit the Application Fee – The application fee for the JMI Engineering Application Form 2018 is Rs. 550. Extra bank charges will be applicable. The application fee can be submitted through Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card.
Application Form Correction
After submitting the application form, candidates who wish to change/ modify some details will be able to do so through the editing facility provided by the JMI. Candidates will not be able to edit every information in their online application. Only a few details are editable, while others are not. The information which is not editable can be changed if the candidate makes a request for changing the detail through the mail.
- Reservation Category (including Kashmiri Migrant, J&K)
- Academic records
- Admission Test Centre
Editing fields with permission
- Photo & Signature
- Name Correction
- Course Change
Jamia Millia Islamia offered B.Tech and B.Arch courses. The streams in which the courses are offered are as follows:
|JMI Offered B.Tech Courses In Following||JMI Offers B.Arch Courses In Following|
JMI Engineering 2018 Merit List
Jamia Millia Islamia University was release the merit list for JMI Admission 2018. The merit list was prepared on the basis of JEE Main Rank. The candidates who have been selected for admissions was listed out in the merit list. The merit list was prepared on the basis of the candidate performance in JEE Main 2018 examination. The merit list was available for download, it was released in online mode.
For more detail, of JMI Engineering Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.