JNU CEEB 2018 has been conducted on December 30, 2017. As per the latest update released by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), 3 exam centers have been cancelled for the JNU CEEB 2018 exam. The Ghaziabad, Srinagar and Shillong exam centers for the JNU entrance exam are cancelled. Candidates who had opted for these exam centers have to report to new exam centers. Candidates who opted for Ghaziabad center are now allotted the Delhi examination center. Students who opted for Srinagar center are now supposed to report the Jammu exam center and those who have opted for Shillong Centre are now allotted the Guwahati exam center. Candidates are advised to report to the examination centers on the scheduled day and time. This is for the first time when JNU will organize Combine Entrance Exam for Biotechnology in the month of December. The application form for JNU last date to apply was October 13, 2017. CEEB 2018 exam conducted on December 30, 2017. The candidates may check more details about JNU CEEB 2018 from this page.
JNU CEEB 2018
Until now, JNU CEEB used to be held in the month of May/June. However, from this year onwards, JNU has decided to conduct it in the month of December. The exam will be held for the admission of the candidates in M.Sc. (Biotechnology) and allied courses, M.Sc. (Agri) (Biotechnology)/M.V.Sc course, and M.Tecg (Biotechnology) course.
Schedule of JNU CEEB 2018 Examination is given below.
|Application process started on||15 Sep 2017|
|Last date to apply||13 Oct 2017|
|Issuance of admit card will begin from||12 Dec 2017|
|CEEB 2018 will be held on||30 Dec 2017|
|Date of Result||07 Mar 2018|
|Last date for exercising final option and paying security deposit||26 Mar 2018|
|Announcement of final result for the allocated Universities||18 Jun 2018|
JNU CEEB 2018 Application Form
The application form for JNU CEEB 2018 will be provided online and offline. The step by step process to submit JNU CEEB 2018 application form is as mentioned below.
- Click on the link that will be provided on this page.
- Register by choosing Course and enter Name, E-mail Address, Mobile Number, Nationality, Date of Birth, Password, and Access Code.
- After the successful registration, an application number will be SMS to the candidate.
- With the help of the application number and the generated Password, the candidate will be able to login access the application form.
- In the JNU CEEB 2018 Application Form, the cadidates will have to enter their personal, eductaional, and other details.
- Once all the details are submitted, the uploading of Photograph and Signature is to e done.
- After the completion of all the steps above, the candidates will have to submit the applicaion fee.
The step-by-step process to submit JNU CEED Application Form 2018 in offline mode is as below:
- Prepare a DD for the requisite fee amount and write name behind it.
- Along with the application request letter send it to JNU.
- JNU will send the form to the candidate’s address.
- Fill the application form and send it back to JNU via post or in person.
Application Fee of JUN CEEB – The amount of application fee for JNU CEEB 2018 is Rs. 1000 for General and OBC Category Candidates, Rs. 500 for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PwD category.
The candidates can submit the application fee by the following mediums:
- Online Payment Gateway
- Debit/Credit Card
- Demand Draft
Note: The amount of application fee for Foreign candidates is US$ 40.00 or Rs. 2640. GST is applicable.
Reservation / Concession
Reservation: 15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PWD) candidates (with not less than 40% disability) respectively. All the SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying examination unless otherwise specifically mentioned by any participating University. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University
Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter se merit along with other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
For M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc. Programmes
The question paper for entrance examination will be of three hours duration and will consist of two parts, PART- A and PART – B.
Part – A: will have multiple choice type questions at the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. The Candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions Total marks for Part A will be (60 questions x1 mark each) of 60 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ (half) mark will be deducted.
PART- B will also have multiple choice questions from the syllabus detailed above in Section IV of this Brochure. There will be 100 questions out of which the candidates will have to attempt 60 questions. Each correct answer will have a weightage of 3 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
For M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme
The question paper for the Entrance Examination will be of three hours duration and divided into two parts:
Part-A will have multiple choice type questions at the level of 10+2 in the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. The Candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions: Total marks for Part A will be (60 questions x 1 mark each) of 60 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer, ½ (half) mark will be deducted.
Part-B will also have multiple-choice questions of Bachelor’s level requiring thinking and analysis. There will be questions from Physics, Mathematics, Biology (e.g., Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics and Molecular Biology) and Chemistry. The candidates will be required to attempt 60 questions. Total marks for Part B will be 60 questions x3 marks each = 180 marks. There will be negative marking and for each wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
For M.Tech. Biotechnology Programme
The question paper for Entrance Examination will be of 3-hours duration consisting of Two Streams: (i) Technology Stream and (ii) Life Sciences Stream.
|Part A||Basic Engineering & Technology||At under graduate level|
|Part B||Physics/Chemistry/Maths||At under graduate level|
|Part C||Fundamental Life Sciences and Informatics||At 10+2 level|
|Life Science Stream|
|Part A||Life Sciences (Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Immunology)||At post graduate level|
|Part B||Physics/Chemistry||At undergraduate level|
|Part C||Maths, Computer & Information Sciences||At 10+2 level|
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal
- Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P.Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar;
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur;
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur;
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra);
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar;
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore;
- University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore; and
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar;
- Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur,
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana.
- Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur
- Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati
- Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir, Srinagar.
2-Year M.Sc. Programme in Biotechnology
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (M.Sc. in Bioresources Biotechnology)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- University of Calicut, Kerala
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
- HNB Garhwal University, Garhwal
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Jammu, Jammu
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Kumaun University, Nainital
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology)
- M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- University of North Bengal, Siliguri
- North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Sardar Patel University, Anand (M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology)
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M.Sc. in Environmental Biotechnology)
- Tezpur University, Tezpur (M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology)
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan
M.Tech Biotechnology programme
- Anna University, Chennai
- Cochin University of Science And Technology, Kochi, Kerala (M.Tech. In Marine Biotechnology)
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata)
Information Brochure for the Courses:
- To know more about M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc. Programmes – Download Brochure Here
- To know more about M.Tech. Biotechnology Programmes – Download Brochure Here
- To know more about M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme – Download Brochure Here