JNU CEEB 2019 – This year, National Testing Agency has taken up the role of conducting the Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination (CEEB). CEEB is conducted for M.Sc. Biotechnology, M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology, M. VSc. and M. Tech. Biotechnology admission to its 54 member universities. The application process has already started for JNU CEEB on its official website, ntajnu.nic.in and the last date of form submission is April 15, 2019. CEEB 2019 is scheduled to be conducted May 27, 28, 29 and 30, 2019. May 31 is to be treated as a Reserve day. To know more about JNU CEEB 2019, a candidate can keep reading!
JNU CEEB 2019
The exam will be held for the admission of the candidates in M.Sc. (Biotechnology) and allied courses, M.Sc. (Agri) (Biotechnology)/M.V.Sc course, and M.Tech (Biotechnology) course. CEED 2019 is going to be conducted in LAN based CBT mode for a duration of 3 hours.
Schedule of JNU CEEB 2019 Examination is given below.
|Application process started on||15 Mar 2019|
|Last date to apply||15 Apr 2019|
|Last Date to submit application fee||16 Apr 2019|
|Correction Window Starts||22 – 28 Apr 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||10 May 2019|
|Date of Exam||27, 28, 29 and 30 May, 2019
31 May as Reserve Day
|Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Keys||To be announced later|
JNU CEEB 2019 – New Changes
2019 has been the “year of changes”. So, as for Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination.
- Conducting Body – National Testing Agency has taken over the role of conducting this exam, this year onward. Earlier, the University itself used to conduct this exam.
- Official Website – Earlier, the admission process used to be carried on admissions.jnu.ac.in. But now, the CEEB 2019 related updates is made available on ntajnu.nic.in.
- Mode of Exam – It will be conducted in online mode, as National Testing Agency is conducting this exam, this year.
- Question Type – Candidates had to attempt subjective type questions, previously. But now, a candidate is required to attempt MCQ type questions only.
- Normalised Score – As the exam is going to be conducted in 2 shifts, i.e from 09:30 am to 12:30 pm and 09:30 am to 12:30 pm, NTA is very likely release even the normalisation score.
JNU CEEB 2019 Courses Offered
CEEB is conducted for admission to various courses that falls under the Department of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- M.Sc. Biotechnology – 33 Universities
- M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology – 11 Universities
- M. VSc. – 03 Universities
- M. Tech. Biotechnology – 07 Universities
JNU CEEB 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria, as laid by the Jawarharlal Nehru University for CEEB 2019 admission.
National Testing Agency has applied the age limit only for one course and that is BA programme. There is no age limit criteria applicable for any biotechnology related course.
Candidates can check the course specific eligibility across its various affiliated colleges, by clicking on the link provided below.
Click here to check the course specific JNU CEEB 2019 Eligibility criteria.
JNU CEEB 2019 Application Form
JNU CEEB 2019 Application form has been released by the National Testing Agency on its official website, ntajnu.nic.in. The application fee of Rs. 1000 for General/EWS/OBC category candidates, Rs. 500 for SC/PwD/ST/Transgender category candidates and Rs. 2880 for Foreign national candidates. This amount needs to be paid in online mode only.
Broadly, a candidate is required to complete the following steps, as listed below.
- Online Registration
- Fill Up The Application Form
- Upload Documents
- Pay off the Application Fee
- Save a copy of the Confirmation page
The candidates can submit the application fee by the following mediums:
- Net Banking
- Debit/Credit Card
CEEB 2019 Application Fee is different for different category candidates. For General/OBC/EWS category candidates Rs. 1000, Rs.500 for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender and Rs. 2880 for Foreign National category candidates.
Reservation / Concession
Reservation: 15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PWD) candidates (with not less than 40% disability) respectively. All the SC/ST and PH candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying examination unless otherwise specifically mentioned by any participating University. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University
Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter se merit along with other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
CEEB 2019 Admit Card
Candidates are issued the CEEB 2019 Admit card on the official website, ntajnu.nic.in. Only those candidates are issued the admit cards for the exam who had successfully submitted their application on time. It is only made available in online mode. To download the admit card a candidate requires their application number and password. ON the day of exam, a copy of this admit card needs to be carried along with a valid photo ID proof.
CEEB 2019 Test Centers
NTA will conduct CEEB 2019 across 125 test cities across India. The candidates can check the complete list of test cities for CEEB 2019 from the table below.
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu||Uttar PradeshTripura||Agra|
|Pune||Union Territories||Goa (Panaji/Madgaon)|
Candidates can check the CEEB 2019 Exam pattern from below and can start preparing accordingly!
- Mode of Examination – LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration – 3 hours
- Question Type – Multiple Choice Question
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Scoring – Depends on the course opted for (1, 2, 3 or 4 Marks)
- No negative marking for incorrect response.
- Medium of Paper – English only
Click here to view or download the JNU CEEB 2019 syllabus.
How To Prepare For CEEB 2019?
As per some of the ex-students, no special preparation is required to qualify for CEEB 2019. But, this time as NTA is responsible for conducting this exam, there may be some changes in the difficulty level. But students are advised to keep their basic concepts clear Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. A candidate can prepare the Biology part from Lehnengers biochemistry, Watson’s molecular biology, pathfinder books, Albert for cell Biology and their under graduation books, diligently.
For M.Sc entrance exam, a candidate is advised to prepare all the important topics of the B.Sc. level. Be it of theory or practical. Make sure to cover Biochemistry + Biophysics, Molecular biology, Microbiology, Cell biology and Immunology. Other than, these 2 students shared tips, a candidate needs to :
- Prepare a time table and follow it religiously.
- Make Notes for last minute revisions
- Consult only authentic sources
- Practice more of sample papers, mock tests and previous year papers.
- Stay Confident and take care of your health.
List of Important Books
|Book Name||Buying Link|
|Biochemistry (English, Hardcover, Lehninger A.L.)||Click here to buy|
|Molecular Biology – Friefelder||Click here to buy|
|Microbiology – Prescott||Click here to buy|
|Immunology – Kuby||Click here to buy|
CEEB 2019 Answer Key
National Testing Agency will display the recorded responses of candidate and all the correct responses by releasing the official answer key and response sheet on its official website. In case of any errors, a candidate can challenge the provisional answer key by paying of a fee of Rs. 1000, per question. The candidate’s response sheet is likely to be make available for a period of 3 days. All candidates must further note that, the final answer key cannot be challenged and NTA will also not be entertaining any requests regarding the same.
CEEB 2019 Result
CEEB 2019 Result will be declared by the National Testing Agency on its official website. Candidates can check their raw marks which will be converted in NTA score. NTA Score is calculated that corresponds to the raw marks for all the exams held in multiple shifts. Normalisation of marks is done for exams held in 2 shifts. Further on this basis, a candidate is called for a document verification round at the allotted college to complete all the admission formalities and freeze the seat under their name.
By qualifying for CEEB 2019, a candidate becomes eligible to pursue their desired Biotechnology course from any of these affiliated Universities.
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya, West Bengal
- Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P.Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar;
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur;
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur;
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra);
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar;
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore;
- University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore; and
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar;
- Nanaji Deshmukh Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur,
- Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana.
- Maharashtra Animal & Fishery Sciences University, Nagpur
- Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati
- Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences & Technology of Kashmir, Srinagar.
2-Year M.Sc. Programme in Biotechnology
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (M.Sc. in Bioresources Biotechnology)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- University of Calicut, Kerala
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
- HNB Garhwal University, Garhwal
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- University of Jammu, Jammu
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Kumaun University, Nainital
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology)
- M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- University of North Bengal, Siliguri
- North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur
- Sardar Patel University, Anand (M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology)
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M.Sc. in Environmental Biotechnology)
- Tezpur University, Tezpur (M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology)
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan
M.Tech Biotechnology programme
- Anna University, Chennai
- Cochin University of Science And Technology, Kochi, Kerala (M.Tech. In Marine Biotechnology)
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata)
CEEB 2019 Notice
Official Website: ntajnu.nic.in