JNU CEEB 2019 – NTA has declared the CEEB 2019 Result. Candidates can download the same at ntajnu.nic.in. This year, National Testing Agency has taken up the role of conducting the Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination (CEEB). CEEB is conducted for M.Sc. Biotechnology, M.Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology, M.VSc., and M. Tech. Biotechnology admission to its 54 member universities. CEEB 2019 is scheduled to be conducted May 30, 2019. To know more about JNU CEEB 2019, a candidate can keep reading!
JNU CEEB 2019
The exam will be held for the admission of the candidates in M.Sc. (Biotechnology) and allied courses, M.Sc. (Agri) (Biotechnology)/M.V.Sc course, and M.Tech (Biotechnology) course. CEED 2019 is going to be conducted in LAN based CBT mode for a duration of 3 hours.
Schedule of JNU CEEB 2019 Examination is given below.
|Application process started on||15 Mar 2019|
|Last date to apply|
|Last Date to submit application fee|
|Correction Window Starts||22 to
|Issuance of Admit Card|
|Date of Exam||30 May 2019|
|CEEB 2019 Result||01 Jul 2019|
|Final Result||1st week of Jul 2019|
CEEB 2019 Result
CEEB 2019 Result is declared by the National Testing Agency on its official website. Candidates can check their raw marks which will be converted in NTA score. NTA Score is calculated that corresponds to the raw marks for all the exams held in multiple shifts. Normalisation of marks is done for exams held in 2 shifts. Further on this basis, a candidate is called for a document verification round at the allotted college to complete all the admission formalities and freeze the seat under their name.
CEEB 2019 Answer Key Question Paper
National Testing Agency has released the JNU CEEB 2019 question paper and answer key on the official website. In case of any errors, a candidate can challenge the provisional answer key by paying a fee of Rs. 1000, per question. The candidate’s response sheet is likely to be made available for a period of 3 days. All candidates must further note that, the final answer key cannot be challenged and NTA will also not be entertaining any requests regarding the same.
CEEB 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CEEB 2019 Admit card on the official website, ntajnu.nic.in. Only those candidates can download it for the exam who had successfully submitted their application on time. It is only made available in online mode. To download the admit card a candidate requires their application number and date of birth. On the day of exam, a copy of this admit card needs to be carried along with a valid photo ID proof.
CEEB 2019 Test Centers
NTA will conduct CEEB 2019 across 127 test cities across India. The candidates can check the complete list of test cities for CEEB 2019 from the table below.
Candidates can check the CEEB 2019 Exam pattern from below and can start preparing accordingly!
- Mode of Examination – LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test)
- Duration – 3 hours
- Question Type – Multiple Choice Question
- Maximum Marks – 240
- Scoring – For Section A 1 mark for correct answer and for section B 3 marks for correct answer.
- No negative marking for incorrect response.
- Medium of Paper – English only
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology & M.V.Sc.
- Click here to check the syllabus for M.Tech Biotechnology.
How To Prepare For CEEB 2019?
As per some of the ex-students, no special preparation is required to qualify for CEEB 2019. But, this time as NTA is responsible for conducting this exam, there may be some changes in the difficulty level. But students are advised to keep their basic concepts clear Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. A candidate can prepare the Biology part from Lehnengers biochemistry, Watson’s molecular biology, pathfinder books, Albert for cell Biology and their under graduation books, diligently.
For M.Sc entrance exam, a candidate is advised to prepare all the important topics of the B.Sc. level. Be it of theory or practical. Make sure to cover Biochemistry + Biophysics, Molecular biology, Microbiology, Cell biology and Immunology. Other than, these 2 students shared tips, a candidate needs to :
- Prepare a time table and follow it religiously.
- Make Notes for last minute revisions
- Consult only authentic sources
- Practice more of sample papers, mock tests and previous year papers.
- Stay Confident and take care of your health.
List of Important Books
|Book Name||Buying Link|
|Biochemistry (English, Hardcover, Lehninger A.L.)||Click here to buy|
|Molecular Biology – Friefelder||Click here to buy|
|Microbiology – Prescott||Click here to buy|
|Immunology – Kuby||Click here to buy|
By qualifying for CEEB 2019, a candidate becomes eligible to pursue their desired Biotechnology course from any of these affiliated Universities.
M.Sc. (Agri.) Biotechnology
- Assam Agricultural University, Jorhat
- Ch. Sarwan Kumar H.P.Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar;
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Raipur;
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur;
- Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Latur (Maharashtra);
- Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneswar;
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore;
- University of Agricultural Sciences, G.K.V.K., Bangalore; and
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Samastipur
- Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Hisar;
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar;
- Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati
2-Year M.Sc. Programme in Biotechnology
- University of Allahabad, Allahabad, (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (M.Sc. in Bioresource’s Biotechnology)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (M.Sc. in Molecular & Human Genetics)
- University of Calicut, Kerala (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)
- Gulbarga University, Gulbarga (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- HNB Garhwal University, Garhwal (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- University of Jammu, Jammu (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Kumaun University, Nainital (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- University of Lucknow, Lucknow (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology)
- M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- University of Mysore, Mysore (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- University of North Bengal, Siliguri (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- North Eastern Hill University, Shillong (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Pondicherry University, Pondicherry (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Sardar Patel University, Anand (M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology)
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M.Sc. in Environmental Biotechnology)
- Tezpur University, Tezpur (M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology)
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
- Jiwaji University, Gwalior (M.Sc. in Neuroscience)
- Sri Padmavathi Mahila Vishvavidyalayam, Tirupati (M.Sc. Biotechnology)
M.Tech Biotechnology programme
- Anna University, Chennai
- Cochin University of Science And Technology, Kochi, Kerala (M.Tech. In Marine Biotechnology)
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata)
- Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai (M.Tech. in Bioprocess Technology)
- Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai (M.Tech in Food Biotechnology)
- Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai (M.Tech. in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology)
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi, New Delhi (M.Tech. in Computational Biology)
Reservation / Concession
Reservation: Upto 22.5 per cent (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) of seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates respectively. As per the provisions of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, not less than five percent (5%) seats are reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, where “person with benchmark disability” means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability, as certified by the certifying authority. 27% seats are reserved for OBC candidates (non-creamy layer). The persons belonging to EWS who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STS and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in admission, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating university.
Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri migrant candidate in the Entrance Examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in the merit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her inter-se merit alongwith other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
JNU CEEB 2019 – New Changes
2019 has been the “year of changes”. So, as for Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination.
- Conducting Body – National Testing Agency has taken over the role of conducting this exam, this year onward. Earlier, the University itself used to conduct this exam.
- Official Website – Earlier, the admission process used to be carried on admissions.jnu.ac.in. But now, the CEEB 2019 related updates is made available on ntajnu.nic.in.
- Mode of Exam – It will be conducted in online mode, as National Testing Agency is conducting this exam, this year.
- Question Type – Candidates had to attempt subjective type questions, previously. But now, a candidate is required to attempt MCQ type questions only.
- Normalised Score – As the exam is going to be conducted in 2 shifts, i.e from 09:30 am to 12:30 pm and 09:30 am to 12:30 pm, NTA is very likely release even the normalisation score.
JNU CEEB 2019 Courses Offered
CEEB is conducted for admission to various courses that falls under the Department of Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- M.Sc. Biotechnology – 32 Universities
- M. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology – 11 Universities
- M. VSc. – 03 Universities
- M. Tech. Biotechnology – 07 Universities
JNU CEEB 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria, as laid by the Jawarharlal Nehru University for CEEB 2019 admission.
National Testing Agency has applied the age limit only for one course and that is BA programme. There is no age limit criteria applicable for any biotechnology related course.
Candidates can check the course specific eligibility across its various affiliated colleges, by clicking on the link provided below.
Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-years B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Course); OR Medicine (MBBS) OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Before applying, please ensure that you fulfill the eligibility requirements as prescribed above. Also please note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to your fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed above. You may, therefore, appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfill the eligibility requirements for M.Sc. Biotechnology Program. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and still appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
Eligibility of Candidates Who Are Due To Appear In The Qualifying Examination
The candidates who are due to appear in the respective qualifying examination prescribed as eligibility for admission shall also be considered for appearing in the entrance examination. Such of the candidates will be allowed to appear in the entrance examination at their own risk and on the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection, they will be entitled to admission only if they secure the minimum prescribed percentage of marks in their qualifying degree examination and that they will be required to submit all the documents including final mark-sheet of the qualifying examination (indicating the final and overall percentage of marks) before the deadline for admission fixed by the concerned participating University.
M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology and M.V.Sc.
Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in the concerned subjects shown hereunder against each university:
- FOR ASSAM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, JORHAT: B.Sc. (Agri.), B.Sc (Hort), B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology) from any recognized university. Graduates from general stream may also be admitted in case seat remains vacant, however, they will have to undergo extra 20 credit hours bridge course.
- FOR CH. SARWAN KUMAR H.P. KRISHI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, PALAMPUR: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Agricultural Biotechnology.
- FOR G.B. PANT UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY, PANT NAGAR: Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry. Students from Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. in ZBC/PCM and B.Sc.(Biotechnology) are also eligible.
- FOR INDIRA GANDHI KRISHI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, RAIPUR: Agriculture, Biotechnology (Agriculture), Horticulture or Forestry with Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+4 pattern with at least 60% marks or equivalent OGPA.
- FOR KERALA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, THRISSUR: Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
- FOR VASANTRAO NAIK MARATHWADAKRISHI VIDYAPEETH, LATUR (MAHARASHTRA): B. Sc./B. Tech. in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Agri. Biotechnology, Bioinformatics (03/04 Yrs.) from recognized University with minimum CGPA 6.5 on 10 scale or 65% marks.
- FOR ORISSA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR: Applicants must have passed 4 year Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry from a duly recognized University securing at least 65 % marks in aggregate.
- FOR TAMIL NADU AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, COIMBATORE: Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture / Ag. Biotechnology / Horticulture/ Forestry / Sericulture or B. Tech in Biotechnology / Horticulture / Bioinformatics under 10+2+4 pattern of education with at least 70% marks or equivalent OGPA of 3.00/4.00 or 7.00/10.00 from a Farm University. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the qualifying degree is sufficient.
- FOR UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, G.K.V.K., BANGALORE: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Seri-culture or B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology/B. Tech. [Biotechnology]/ B. Sc (Ag. Biotech)/ B. Sc (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry University.
- FOR UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, DHARWAD: Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology)/B. Tech (Biotechnology)/B.Sc. (Ag. Biotech.)/B. Sc. (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized Agricultural/Horticultural/Forestry universities.
- FOR DR. RAJENDRA PRASAD CENTRAL AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, PUSA, SAMASTIPUR: Four years Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology/Agriculture/Horticulture/Microbiology/Biology(BZC). Candidates with Bachelor Degree in Biology (3 Years duration) will have to spend 3 years in M.Sc. programme.
- FOR LALA LAJPAT RAI UNIVERSITY OF VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES, HISAR: B.V.Sc.&A.H. degree recognized by Veterinary Council of India with minimum OGPA 6.0/10.0 or equivalent.
- FOR ASSAM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, GUWAHATI : B.V.Sc. & A.H. or equivalent degree from a recognized university with minimum CGPA 2.60 in 4.00 scale or 6.00 in 10.00 scale.
JNU CEEB 2019 Application Form
JNU CEEB 2019 Application form has been released by the National Testing Agency on its official website, ntajnu.nic.in. The application fee of Rs. 1000 for General/EWS/OBC category candidates, Rs. 500 for SC/ST/PwD category candidates and Rs. 2880 for Foreign national candidates. This amount needs to be paid in online mode only.
Broadly, a candidate is required to complete the following steps, as listed below.
- Online Registration
- Fill Up The Application Form
- Upload Documents
- Pay off the Application Fee
- Save a copy of the Confirmation page
The candidates can submit the application fee by the following mediums:
- Net Banking
- Debit/Credit Card
CEEB 2019 Notice
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Official Website: ntajnu.nic.in