Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020 – Kannur University has released the notification from eligible candidates for admission to two-year B.Ed Courses in the Departments of Teacher Education at Kannur, Kasaragod & Mananthavady and Government, Aided and Unaided Colleges under Kannur University for 2020 admission. Interested candidates can read the complete detail of Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020 such as application form & fee, eligibility criteria, Selection process, etc. on this page.
Latest: Kannur University has released the Rank List for B.Ed Admission 2020. Scroll down to check it.
Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020
The Bachelor of Education Programme generally known as B Ed, is a professional course that prepares Teachers for Upper Primary or Middle Level (Sixth to eighth) Secondary Level (class IX , X) and Senior Secondary Level (Class XI, XII). Govt. of Kerala decided to implement the revised regulation of NCTE to enhance the duration of B Ed course as 2 academic years, with effect from 2015 admission onwards. The B Ed programme shall be of a duration of 2 years with 200 working days in each year, exclusive of the period of examination and admission.
Schedule for Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020
|Last date to Apply|
Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020 Rank List
Kannur University has released the final rank list for “Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020”. The rank lists are desperately released for Dharmasala, Kasaragod, and Mananthavady campus. Any objections/clarifications regarding to the answer key should be reported to the office on or before the prescribed date. Link of the rank list for B.Ed Admission 2020 has been provided below.
Check Rank List: Click here to check the B.Ed Final Rank List.
Kannur University B.Ed 2020 Application Form Extension Notice
Click here to download the Notice.
Kannur University B.Ed 2020 Admission
Click here to check Notice
Eligibility for B.Ed admission
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.Ed. the course should have passed the B.A./B.Sc/M.Com Degree examination (under the 10+2+3 pattern) with one main/core subject and two subsidiaries/ complementary courses from this University or any other University recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from Universities outside Kerala should submit an Eligibility/Equivalence Certificate stating that their qualifying Examination is recognized by this University, for seeking admission to B.Ed Degree Course in a particular optional subject in a stream as applicable, along with their application.
- Double or Triple main candidates of other Universities will be considered for admission only if they furnish the copies of the Equivalence/Eligibility certificate from Kannur University stating that the qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to B.Ed Degree course in a particular optional subject. Equal weightage is given to Single main, Double main, and Triple main Degree holders.
Minimum marks requirement for admission is as follows –
- The minimum requirement of marks for admission to B. Ed. the course is 50 % or equivalent CGPA (No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted) in Bachelor’s Degree [Science/Arts Subjects] for Part I + II+ III together (Common, Core, Complementary and Open Courses) or Part III (Core and Complementary courses) alone with 50% or equivalent CGPA in MA/M.Sc/M Com with usual relaxation for the eligible categories as per University/Government/NCTE Norms.
Please note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST and natives of Lakshadweep, Aided or Government Teachers with 3 years regular service need to secure a pass in the Degree Examination. The candidates belonging to SEBC will be given a relaxation of 5% and the candidates belonging to OEC will be given a relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks. Blind candidates who have more than 40% disability will be given a relaxation of 5% from the prescribed minimum marks. Candidates should be physically fit and mentally sound. Deaf/Dumb candidates are not eligible. However blind candidates will be eligible for admission to courses other than Science optional.
Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020 Courses Offered
In the Departments of Teacher Education at Kannur, Kasaragod & Mananthavady –
|Code No.||Optional Subject||Campuses|
|02||Commerce||Mananthavady & Kannur|
|03||English||Kannur & Kasaragod|
|08||Natural Science||Kannur & Mananthavady|
|09||Physical Science||Kannur & Kasaragod|
|11||Social Science||All Campuses|
Government, Aided and Unaided Colleges under Kannur University –
|Code No.||Optional Subject|
Name of the Colleges and optional subjects offered
Instructions to Candidates:
- General Information: The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course of Kannur University has been designed to extend the benefit of the Teacher Training to:
- Highly qualified candidates who pass out of the Universities every year.
- Qualified regular teachers in service of Government/Aided Schools of the Kerala State who have practical difficulty in getting admission to regular colleges of the Teacher Education.
- Strength of Students: Total 50 students each at Kannur, Kasaragod and Mananthavady Campuses.
Kannur University B.Ed 2020 Admission Process
The list of provisionally selected candidates will be displayed on the notice board of the Departments of Teacher Education/ Colleges and also published in the University website. The provisionally selected candidates will be required to appear for an interview at the Department/ Colleges. They are expected to pay the course fee as prescribed by the Govt./University and submit all the original documents if they are finally selected. The Department/ Colleges will not be responsible for non-receipt of communications due to postal delay. Applicants are required to verify the date of interview which will be published on the notice board at all the three departments and University website. Candidates who do not report in time will forfeit all claims for admission.
Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020 Reservation
There shall be reservation of seats as per the norms and rules of the University/Government, laid down in this regard and adopted by the Kannur University from time to time. The seats reserved under sports quota (SQ), Teachers’ Quota (TQ), Differently Abled (DA) Defence Quota(DQ) and Linguistic Minority (LM) at three centres are as follows.
Note: If there exists no DA in the Rank List, the seats must be converted to General category.
Out of 50 seats, 41 seats at Kannur, 36 seats at Kasaragod and 40 seats at Mananthavady be filled strictly following the reservation rules as follows:
|Category||Pattern of Reservation|
|LC other than Anglo Indian||1%|
|Other backward Christians||1%|
|Other backward Hindus||3%|
|BPL among forward community||7.5%|
Official Website: kannuruniversity.ac.in.
For more details on Kannur University B.Ed Admission 2020, download information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.