Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (formerly Kanpur University) Kanpur is offering admission to Ph.D. programme 2019 in various disciplines. Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an entrance test named as “Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET)” for Ph.D. admission. Result of Kanpur University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2019 has been released. With the help of this page, candidates can get complete details on Kanpur University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2019 from below.
Kanpur University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2019
Candidates who had filled the online application form can only be eligible to appear in the entrance examination conducted by the Kanpur University. Get a complete schedule for Kanpur University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2019 from below:
|Online application starts from||08 Jan 2019|
|Online application ends on||15 Apr 2019|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of the completed application||22 Apr 2019|
|Admit Card Release||05 May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||15 May 2019|
|Declaration of Entrance Result (Tentative)||30 May 2019|
|Counselling||27, 28 Jun 2019|
|second counselling||04 Jul 2019 9:45 AM|
Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (formerly Kanpur University) Kanpur has released the selected candidates list called for counseling. Candidates need to report at the venue on June 26 and 28, 2019. Exempted candidates list called for counseling for admission Ph.D. is also released.
- Click here to check the entrance test qualified candidates called for second counseling for admission in Ph.D.
- Click here to check the entrance test qualified candidates called for counseling for admission in Ph.D.
- Click here to check the exempted candidates called for counseling for admission Ph.D
- Click here to check the Subjects-wise number of seats for admission in Ph.D.
Result for Kanpur University has released online at the official website. The conducting body has released it after the successful conduction of the exam. Candidates can check their result through the official website or through the direct link provided below.
Result: Click here to check Kanpur University Ph.D. result 2019.
Admit Card for Kanpur University has released online at the official website. The conducting body has released it after the successful completion of the application form. Candidates who had filled the online application form on time with the requisite application fee is only able to download their admit card. Admit Card is an important documents as exam point of view as it consists necessary information like. candidate’s name, roll number, exam center, exam timing, important instructions etc. Candidate must bring their Kanpur University Admit Card 2019 at examination hall to get entry in the examination.
Admit Card: Click here to download the admit card for Kanpur University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2019.
Application Form for Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University (formerly Kanpur University) was released online at the official website. Before filling the application form candidates must ensure his her eligibility. Those how had filled the application form on time with requisite application fee is now able to do editing in their application if any candidate had filled the wrong information. Direct link to editing in the application form is given below.
Obtained printout of the application form with all the enclosures should reach:
In-charge Academics, EDP Center,
Center for Academics,
Kanpur-208 024 (U.P.)
The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed as “Application for Ph.D. Entrance” and name of the subject should be clearly mentioned on the envelope.
- Apply Online – Process Over
- Editing in Application Form
Application fee (for each subject) is Rs. 1,500/- (Rs. One Thousand Five Hundred) for General and OBC category and Rs. 1000/- (Rs. One Thousand) for SC/ST category and PwD subcategory. Please note that this fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment mode only.
General Guidelines for filling up the application form
The Online Application form will be filled by candidates required to appear for the Entrance Test as well as candidates exempted from the Entrance Test for admission to Ph.D. programme. Before applying online, candidates are required to keep ready the following documents in JPEG format for uploading as per the prescribed size:
- Soft copy of color photograph
- Soft copy of signature
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- 10th & 12th level Mark sheet
- UG Mark sheet and Degree Certificate
- PG Mark sheet and Degree Certificate
- Mark sheet of previous semester(s) for candidates appearing in the qualifying degree exam
- UGC(NET-JRF)/ CSIR(NET-JRF)/ GATE-MHRD Scholarship/ Teacher Fellowship / DBT / ICMR / ICAR / DST-INSPIRE/SLET score card/ award letter.
- Certificate regarding physical limitation for PwD and letter of undertreating for using own-scribe (if applicable) available on the website.
Candidates are advised to check their eligibility to appear for the CSJMU ET2019. The organizing institution will not verify your eligibility. Your eligibility will be verified at the time of counselling with original testimonials/documents. For any eventuality at the time of admission candidates will solely be responsible.
Candidate for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institute accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other category of candidate as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the category mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to pursue research for the Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he/she holds Master’s degree. Provided that an M.Com. or M.Sc. (Ag) in Agriculture Economics may be permitted to work for Ph.D. degree in Economics in the Faculty of Art and an M.A. in Economics may be permitted to work for the Ph.D. Degree in Agriculture Economics in the Faculty of Agriculture.Provided further that an M.A. or M.Sc. in Mathematics may be permitted to work for Ph.D. degree in Statistics in the Faculty of Science.Provided a candidate holding M.D. Degree in Psychological Medicine (in the Faculty of Medicine) is eligible to supplicate for Ph.D. degree in Psychology.
- In Faculty of Ayurveda, however, a candidate having M.D. (Ayurveda) degree in the subject concerned or equivalent degree of another University recognized by this University with at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/ Differently-abled candidates) marks shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme in Ayurveda.
- In faculty of Medicine, a candidate having M.D./M.S. degree in the subject concerned or equivalent degree of another University recognized by this University/having a post graduate degree with at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/ Differently-abled candidates) marks shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme in Medicine.
- Research on living authors is not permissible.
Note: Candidates appearing in final year PG examination are allowed to apply for PhD program subject to availability of result at the time of counselling.
The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an entrance test named as “Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Entrance Test (CSJMU-ET)” for Ph.D. admission. University shall admit candidates by a two-stage process through:
- Qualifying in an Entrance Test which will contain 100 multiplechoice objective-type questions of 4 marks each (maximum 400 marks) and shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific of two hours’ duration for assessing subject expertise, subject proficiency and subject knowledge.
- There shall be negative marking. On each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the Entrance Test shall be 50 percent marks. Provided that a relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (NonCreamy layers)/ Differently-abled category in the entrance examination conducted by the University. Provided further that the percentage of marks shall not be rounded-off to the next higher integer.
- The Entrance Test shall be conducted ordinarily in the University campus but in special circumstances, it will be conducted in Government Degree Colleges/Government aided degree colleges. The Entrance test center(s) shall be notified in advance (changes of centers, if any, will also be notified well in advance) to the applicants.
- Based on the marks obtained in Entrance test, Subject wise/Category wise merit lists will be prepared. The qualified applicants, in order of merit in each subject would be called for Course Work as per the available number of vacant Ph.D. seats. This eligibility pertains to the level of being called for the Course Work only and may not guarantee admission to Ph.D. programme.
- The Research Degree Committee (RDC) shall arrange for an interview/viva-voce which shall include Presentations on the research interest/area.
Exemptions from the Entrance Test:
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Entrance Test for admission to Ph.D. programme:
- Permanent Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors having appointment on substantive posts in the teaching departments of the University or a government college / government aided college affiliated / associated to the University who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least Two years of uninterrupted service.
- International students (including NRIs) which shall be subject to the general rules framed by the Government of India from time to time and as applicable to the University with regards to the admission, fees etc.
- Candidates who have secured grants for research such as fellowship/scholarship/associateship etc. from UGC(NET-JRF)/ CSIR(NET-JRF)/ GATE-MHRD Scholarship/ Teacher Fellowship/ DBT/ ICMR/ICAR/DST-INSPIRE/SLET.
- ) Candidates who have GATE Score of not less than 95 Percentile.
- Serving Army, Navy and Air-force Officers of at least Colonel or equivalent rank with not less than 15 years of service applying for Ph.D. degree in Defence and Strategic Studies.
Note: In case, number of candidates passing JRF are more than the number of vacancies in a particular subject, their marks in Post-Graduation will also be taken into account to decide the merit for their admission in Ph.D. programme. The categories for the candidates exempted from Entrance Test will be given preference over the candidates qualifying through Entrance Test.
For more details on Kanpur University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2019, download information brochure.
Official Website: kanpuruniversity.org