Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2018 details and dates will be announced by KEA. The counselling of Karnataka PGCET 2018 will be held in two rounds. The candidates will be able to submit the option choices in both the rounds of PGCET 2018 counselling. However, before that, the candidates will have to go for the document verification round. Check complete details on Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2018, including the document verification schedule, from the article below.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Counselling
In the counselling of Karnataka PGCET 2018, the seats will be allocated on the basis of merit secured by the candidates. The merit holders will be able to choose multiple choices for the course and the college but only if they get through the verification round.
- To check Seat matrix for Second Round of MTech / M.Arch as on October 01, 2018 – Download here
- To check Seat matrix for Second Round of MCA Lateral as on October 01, 2018 – Download here
- To check Seat matrix for Second Round of MBA & MCA as on October 01, 2018 – Download here
- Click here to check Seat matrix of M.Tech/ M.Arch as on September 22, 2018.
- Click here to check Seat matrix of MBA & MCA as on September 22, 2018.
- Click here to check Seat matrix of MCA Lateral entry programme as on September 22, 2018.
- Click here to check Seat matrix of MBA & MCA as on September 14, 2018.
The verification is to be get done by all the candidates, belonging to any category. The purpose of this stage is to make sure that the candidate satisfies all the eligibility criteria. Candidates who will not go for the document verification round, will not be allowed to participate in the Karnataka PGCET 2018 counselling.
For admission to MBA, MCA, 2nd-year lateral entry MCA, M.E. / M.Tech courses, document verification will be conducted to the candidates who have got the required academic eligibility after pronouncement of revaluation results by VTU, Belgaum only if they have applied and appeared for PGCET-2018. In addition to these candidates, those who are eligible and got the ranks but not attended the document verification can also participate in the document verification process if they are interested in all the necessary original documents.
Please note that the candidates who verify their documents are eligible only for the seats which remained unfilled after the first round of seat allotment MBA / MCA / M.E. / M.Tech courses in PGCET-2018.
The ranks for the respective discipline will be assigned to the candidates on the day of verification of documents upon submission of marks cards of all the years/semesters if they are fulfilling the required eligibility criteria and who have appeared and qualified in PGCET-2018.
The interested eligible candidates have to participate in the document verification process with all the necessary original documents along with one set of attested photocopies in support of their claim. Please read PGCET-2018 e-Brochure for submission of original documents.
The candidates who become eligible after verification will only be allowed to enter their priority of options in the PGCET-2018 second round.
- If a candidate has not received the original marks cards of any semester/s Qualifying Examination for 2018 from the concerned boards, then the candidate should obtain the seal and signature of the principal of the institution where he/she has passed such qualifying examination on the provisional marks card/internet downloaded marks cards and produce the same at the time of verification of documents. Further such candidate should also produce the provisional Degree Certificate obtained from the concerned institution, failing which they will not be allowed for document verification and for further seat allotment process.
- Document verification will be held as per the schedule. Those candidates, who may not be able to attend the document verification on Sep 10, 2018, can attend the document verification on any day before Sep 17, 2018.
Document Required at the time of Verification process
The Following attested photocopies of Documents should be submitted during document verification process.
- Final print out of the 2018 Online Application Form.
- Original Copy of the Chalan for having paid the fees.
- ‘PGCET 2018’ Admission Ticket
- SSLC / 10th Standard / Equivalent Examination Marks Card
- 2nd PUC / 12th Standard/ Equivalent Examination Marks Card
- Degree Marks Card of all the Years / Semesters.
- Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate / Course completion certificate.
- Study Certificate (Only for Karnataka Candidates)
- TWO recent passport size photographs.
- The following documents should be produced, ONLY if applicable:
- Minimum 3 years work Experience Certificate (for Part-time candidates) (work experience certificate should include the name of the organisation, date of joining, designation, working period, no objection condition etc.,) As per the format.
- Minimum one-year work experience certificate (for QIP) as per the format.
- Sponsorship Certificate (For Full-Time Program – as per the format)
- GATE Score Card. (Result Sheet)
- Caste Certificate / Caste Income Certificate / Income Certificate obtained from the concerned Tahasildar, for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits.
- Parent’s study certificate / Parent’s Hometown certificate / (Parent’s Domicile certificate / Parent’s Employment certificate / Parent’s Cumulative Record / Parent’s Marks Card, etc.,) for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the (domicile) / study / (employment) of the parent.
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Reservation (Article 371 (j)) must submit the certificate in Annexure – A (eligibility certificate – rule 3(3)) issued by the concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification.
Procedure of Karnataka PGCET 2018 Counselling
Option Entry – KEA has announced the seat matrix and fee details and after which, the candidates are able to do the option entry. To do so, the candidates will have to submit the choices for the course and colleges. The choice filling can be done online and the link to do so will be soon uploaded on this page.
Mock Seat Allotment – Only in the first round of counselling, the mock seat allotment result will be announced. It will be announced before the actual allotment round, to make candidates understand if the submitting option choices are proving the desired result or not. On the basis of it, the candidates can make modification in the submitted preferences.
Seat Allotment and Confirmation – Then, on the scheduled day, the actual seat allotment result will be announced. The candidates will be required to check the allotment and decide if they want to take the seat or not. If the candidate is satisfied with the allotment, they will be required to accept the allotment.
Reporting at the College – Lastly, the candidates need to report at the allocated college and finish the remaining admission formalities. If the candidates do not report within the stipulated duration, their seat allotment will be cancelled.