Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling : Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)2020 counseling will be organized in two rounds namely round 1 and round 2. The procedure of the counseling starts with the option entry followed by the mock seat allotment followed by the final result of the seat allotment. The last step is the payment of the fees and reporting at the allotted colleges. Candidates have to go through the document verification first at the different document verification centers. For more details, check the information in the page below.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling
Seat allotment is down the basis of the merit list released on the official website. Candidates can choose multiple options for the course and college. Candidates can check all the important dates of Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling from the table given below.
|Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling||Important Dates|
|PGCET 2020 Round – I|
|Display of seat matrix and fee structure||Last week of Aug 2020|
|Mode of Option Entry available from||Last week of Aug 2020|
|Declaration of the results of Mock Allotment||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Provision to make changes in options made by the candidates||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Declaration of results of Round – I||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Payment of Fees||2nd week of Sep 2020|
|Last date of reporting at the allotted college||2nd week of Sep 2020|
|PGCET 2020 Round – II|
|Release of Seat Matrix||3rd week of Sep 2020|
|Mode of Option Entry available from||3rd week of Sep 2020|
|Declaration of the results of second round||3rd week of Sep 2020|
|Payment of fees||4th week of Sep 2020|
|Last date of reporting at the allotted college||4th week of Sep 2020|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling Process
Candidates are advised to follow the process mentioned below in order to appear in the counselling of Karnataka PGCET 2020.
- Option Entry
Post the declaration of the seat matrix along with the fee structure of all the colleges and the respective courses offered by them, candidates are advised to to select the college and course and enter the same. This is known as Option Entry.
- Mock Allotment
Post the Option Entry, results of the mock seat allotment is released on the website. The results of the mock allotment is declared before the declaration of the final results of seat allotment. This is done so that candidates can get a chance to make changes in the options selected by them.
- Final Result of the seat allotment
The final result of the seat allotment is declared on the day of counselling on the official website. Candidates can check the final result from the website in order to take a decision whether they want the seat or not.
- Payment of Fees
Candidates have to pay the fees of the course selected by them during option entry. They have to download or print the challan from the official website and pay the prescribed fee or the remaining fee through NEFT RTGS/IMPS. Download and print the admission order and affix your signature on the admission order
- Reporting at the allotted college
Candidates are advised to report at the allotted colleges within or before the last date. If in case, the candidate is not present on the reporting day, his/her seat allotment will be cancelled.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Document Verification Schedule
The schedule of the document verification of Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counseling will release on the official website. Candidates can check the schedule from the image shown below.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Document Verification Centers
Candidates can click here to check the names of the document verification centers. Candidates are advised to report at the verification centers for document verification.
Documents needed at the time of verification
Candidates are advised to carry all the documents listed below to the document verification centers. If any of the mentioned documents will be missing, candidates candidature will be cancelled.
- PGCET 2020 Admission Ticket
- Final Print out of the PGCET 2020 Application Form
- SSLC/10th standard/ Equivalent Examination Marks Card
- 2nd PUC/12th standard/Equivalent examination marks card
- Qualifying degree marks card of all the years/semesters
- Degree Certificate/Provisional Degree Certificate
- Study Certificate Counter Signed by BEO as per the format (Only for Karnataka Candidates). Other than the Study Certificate, Conduct Certificate, Character Certificate or any other certificate will not be accepted.
Given below is a list of the documents which should be produced by the candidate, ONLY if applicable
- Minimum 3 years work Experience Certificate (for Part-time candidates) (work experience certificate should include the name of the organisation, date of joining, designation, working period, no objection condition etc) as per the format.
- Minimum one-year work experience certificate (for QIP) as per the format.
- Sponsorship Certificate (For Full-Time Program as per the format)
- GATE Score Card
- Caste Certificate / Caste Income Certificate / Income Certificate obtained from the concerned Tahasildar, for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits.
- Candidates claiming Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Reservation (Article 371 (j)) must submit the certificate in Annexure – A (eligibility certificate – rule 3(3)) issued by the concerned Assistant Commissioner during document verification.
- Parent’s study certificate / Parent’s Hometown certificate / (Parent’s Domicile certificate/Parent’s Employment certificate / Parent’s Cumulative Record / Parent’s Marks Card, etc) for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the (domicile)/study/(employment) of the parent.
Instructions for Karnataka PGCET 2020 Document Verification
Candidates can check the important instructions related to the document verification from the points mentioned below.
- Candidates are advised to bring all the documents mentioned above for the verification process. If candidate fails to produce any of the mentioned documents, then their documents will not be verified and as a result they will not be considered for eligibility to exercise their options.
- The candidates who select a seat in the first round and wish to surrender / cancel the selected seat, should surrender the seat on or before the last date fixed for entry of options in the second and final round. 2.
- If the candidate has not got the marks card of the qualifying examination/ semesters, then they are advised to get the seal and signature of the head of the concerned institution indicating that the candidates has passed the examination.
About Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) is governed by the Honorable Minister of Higher Education. It conducts different entrance examinations for admission to different undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Its main office is located in Bengaluru, Karnataka