Karnataka PGCET 2020 Merit List– After the declaration of the Karnataka PGCET 2020 Result, a merit list is published for the candidates as per schedule. The merit of the candidates is based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2020 (PGCET). After the announcement of the merit list, the qualified candidates are required to appear for the counselling. In order to grasp more information about Karnataka PGCET 2020 Merit List, candidates can go through this article.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Merit List
A tie-breaker criteria is applied if the two or more candidates are having the same marks. The Inter-Se Merit will be determined on the basis of the age of the candidate where the higher age of the candidate is given consideration. The schedule for Karnataka PGCET 2020 merit list is given below:
|Declaration of Result||to be announced|
|Publishing of Merit List||to be announced|
Merit List: Candidates can check the Karnataka PGCET 2020 Merit List from kea.kar.nic.in.
Preparation of Karnataka PGCET 2020 Rank List
For VTU, UBDTCE and UVCE
For admission to M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch (Full Time) Course, there will be two merit lists prepared as mentioned below:
- The list of GATE candidates, arranged in the order of merit considering the valid GATE score, is called GATE Rank List.
- The list of PGCET-2020 candidates, arranged in the order of merit considering the PGCET 2020 marks is called PGCET Rank List.
For admission to M.Tech (Part Time) course, there shall be two merit lists prepared as mentioned below:
- The list of GATE candidates, arranged in the order of merit considering the valid GATE score is called GATE Rank List (PT).
- The list of PGCET-2020 candidates, arranged in the order of merit considering the PGCET-2020 score, is called PGCET-Rank list.
For Kuvempu and Mysore University, a separate rank list are prepared for these two Universities and procedure is similar as mentioned above.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Merit List
The governing authority releases the Merit List for the candidates after the release of Karnataka PGCET 2020 Answer Key. Candidates can raise any objections if they find any error in the answer key through e-mail or by speed post. The objections raised by KEA will be placed before an Expert Committee whose decision will be final for determination of the right answer key. The Answer Key approved by the Expert Committee will be applied during evaluation for determination of merit order.
As per this merit order, ranks are assigned to candidates separately for ME, M.Tech / M.Arch courses.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Inter – Se Merit
If after the higher age preference, there is still a tie then the inter-se merit is determined by the draw of lots.
In case of ME/ M.Tech / M.Arch (Full Time) Course merit will be determined for different classes of candidates as indicated below:
(a) M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch (Full Time) course
- GATE candidates: Merit in respect of GATE candidates shall be determined on the basis of valid GATE score.
- Sponsored Candidates: Merit in respect of Sponsored candidates shall be determined in the following order of preference namely.
- Candidates employed in State Government Institutions / Organisations.
- Candidates employed in Public Sector / Aided Institutions.
- Candidates employed in Private Institutions / Private Sector Organisations.
- No age limit is prescribed for sponsored candidates. However, while allotting seat persons below 45 years of age will be preferred. In the event of his / her quitting service from sponsoring institutions, a candidate automatically loses seats allotted under sponsored category.
- In case of all non-GATE candidates belonging to different categories merit shall be determined on the basis of marks secured by them in the PGCET-2020.
(b) M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch. (Part-Time) Course:
- GATE Candidates: Merit in respect of GATE candidates shall be determined on the basis of valid GATE score.
- Merit in respect of all other candidates shall be determined on the basis of marks secured by them in the PGCET-2020.
Where the merit of two or more candidate is same, the inter-se merit shall be determined with reference to the aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the candidate securing higher marks will be placed above the candidate securing lower marks.
Where the merit of two or more candidates is equal after determining the merit under clause above, the inter-se-merit shall be determined on the basis of the age of the candidate, with the elder candidate placed above the younger.
Note: If everything, as specified above, are equal, then the inter-se merit will be determined by draw of lots. The determination of inter-se merit as detailed above for the selection of Government seats will be the basis for the merit list of candidates claiming the benefit of reservation under Admission Rules.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Counselling
After the release of the merit list, the qualified candidates are required to appear for the counselling. The procedure of the counselling starts with the option entry followed by the mock seat allotment and final result of the seat allotment. Counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2020 is done online on the basis of the merit list. If an applicant does not appear for counselling process, then his/her seat will be canceled.
About Karnataka PGCET
Karanataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for the students who want to pursue courses like MBA, MCA, M.E., M.Arch. The exam is conducted in the offline mode. For every course, the maximum marks is 100. Karnataka PGCET is objective in nature wherein, the candidates are asked multiple-choice questions. There is no negative marking in the exam.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.