With help of Karnataka PGCET 2020 M.Tech Syllabus of Civil Engineering, candidates can prepare the examination in better way to crack the Entrance Test. Candidates can use the syllabus while preparing for Karnataka PGCET 2020 M.Tech in Civil Engineering. To get more information about topics cover in the syllabus of M.Tech (Civil Engineering) Entrance Test, check this article.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 M.Tech Syllabus – Civil Engineering
Karnataka Examinations Authority Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (KEA PGCET) M.Tech Admissions 2020 Syllabus for Civil Engineering is given below.
1. Elements of Civil Engineering & Strength of Materials: Force and its types, Concept of equilibrium, Building stones, Bricks. Cement and its properties. Timber and its properties. Columns and Struts, Stress and Mohr’s circle, Types of Beams, Bending moments and Shear force. Bending stress and Shear stress, Cylinders Torsion.
2. Building Engineering Science: Safe bearing capacity, Foundations, Types of Foundations, RMC- manufacture and requirement as per QCIRMCPCS, Cement and its types, Mortar, Masonry, Staircase, Trusses, Formwork, Reinforced Cement concrete, High strength concrete, Footings and types, Types of roofs, Lintels and arches.
3. Surveying: Plane table Surveying ,Leveling, Chain surveying, Errors in surveying, Contouring , Curves, Omitted measurements, Trigonometric surveying, Tacheometric surveying, Calculation of area and volume.
4. Fluid s Mechanics: Different types of fluids and units, most economical section of the channel, Reynolds’s and Froude’s number, pressure, buoyant force, Different types of Flows, Pressure measuring devices; Notches and Weirs, Bernoulli’s theorem, Discharge Measurements, Orifice, Modal studies.
5. Structures: Connections; simple and eccentric, plate girders and trusses, Three hinged arches & suspension cables. Deflection of beams by Macaulay’s method, Slabs; One-way, two way and flat Slabs, Stairs, Columns and column footings (isolated and combined footings), Raft foundation, Steel structures; Analysis and design of tension and Compression members, Moment area method and Conjugate beam method, Rolling loads & influence lines for determinate beams, Analysis of beams by consistent determination method & three moment theorem, Structural analysis by Slope deflection, Moment distribution & Kani’s method. Beams; singly, doubly, flanged beams, beams and beam column, column bases, plastic analysis of beams and frames.
6. Geo-technical Engineering: Physical properties of soils, Water in soils, Stress in soils. Consolidation and settlement. Shear strength of soils. Shallow foundations. Site investigation, Stability of slopes, Earth pressure.
7. Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering: Characteristics of Sewage, pH, BOD, COD, DO and others, Sewers, Sewer Appurtenances, Biological treatment, Quantity of sewage, Detritus tank, Trickling filter, Contact beds, Septic tank, Imhoff tank, ASP, Sewage disposal units, Sewage treatment units; screening, Grit chamber, Skimming tanks, Water demand, Population forecast, Sources of water, Quality of water, Types of pipes, Types of pumps, Water treatment units; sedimentation, aeration, flocculation, filtration, Screening, Pipe joints, Conveyance of Water, Advance water treatment and waste water treatment methods.
8. Transportation Engineering: Highway Geometric Design: Highway cross-section elements. Sight distance, Design of Horizontal alignment Design of Vertical alignment. traffic Engineering: Traffic characteristics, Traffic operation. Pavement materials, Design and evaluation, Rail Gage. Train Resistance, Power of Locomotive, Rails. Sleepers, Curvature of Track, Tunneling of soft soil. Transition curve. Harbour and Dock.
9. Hydrology: Hydrologic cycle rainfall, unit hydrograph flood estimation. reservoir design. well hydraulics.
10. Irrigation: Duty, Delta, Crop water requirements design of lined and unlined canals. head work, gravity dams and orgee spillways. Irrigation method.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.