|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Karnataka PGCET 2016 M.Tech Syllabus – Civil Engineering
Karnataka Examinations Authority Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (KEA PGCET) M.Tech Admissions 2016 Syllabus for Civil Engineering is given below.
1. Elements of Civil Engineering & Strength of Materials: Force and its types, Concept of equilibrium, Building stones, Bricks. Cement and its properties. Timber and its properties. Columns and Struts, Stress and Mohr’s circle, Types of Beams, Bending moments and Shear force. Bending stress and Shear stress, Cylinders Torsion.
2. Building Engineering Science: Safe bearing capacity, Foundation, Types of Foundation, Footings and types, Reinforced Cement concrete, Mortars, Woods, Types of roofs, Cement and its types, Bricks Lintels, Chap and Masonry, Staircase, Trusses.
3. Surveying: Chain surveying, Errors in surveying. Compass surveying, Omitted measurements. Plain table surveying, Leveling. Trigonometric surveying, Tachometric Surveying. Contouring, Curves. Calculation of are and volume.
4. Fluid s Mechanics: Different types of fluids and units, pressure, byoyant force, Different types of flows, Bernoulli’s theorem, Discharge Measurements, Orifice, most economical section of the channel, Reynold’s and Fraud’s number, Similarities, Pressure measuring devices.
5. Structures: Beams — Singly, doubly. flanged beams Slabs — One-way, two way and flab slabs Strairs Columns and column footings (isolated and combined footings) Raft foundationSteel structures: Analysis and design of tension and compression members, beams and beam- column, column bases, connections — simple and eccentric, beams — column connections. plate girders and trusses, plastic analysis of beams and frames
6. Geo-technical Engineering: Physical properties of soils, Water in soils, Stress in soils. Consolidation and settlement. Shear strength of soils. Shallow foundations. Site investigation. Stability of slopes, Earth pressure.
7. Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering: Quantity of Water-water demand. Population forecast, Sources of Water. Quality of water, Types of pipes. Types of pumps, Water treatment units — sedimentation, aeration, flocculation, filtration, Screening, Pipe joints, Conveyance of Water, Quantity of Sewage, Characteristics of Sewage, pH, BOD, COD, DO and others, Sewers, Sewer Appurtenances, Biological treatment, Sewage treatment units-screening, Grit chamber. Skimming tanks. Detritus tank, Trickling filter, Contact beds Septic tank, Imhoff tank. ASP. Sewage disposal units.
8. Transportation Engineering: Highway Geometric Design: Highway cross-section elements. Sight distance, Design of Horizontal alignment Design of Vertical alignment. traffic Engineering: Traffic characteristics, Traffic operation. Pavement materials, Design and evaluation, Rail Gage. Train Resistance, Power of Locomotive, Rails. Sleepers, Curvature of Track, Tunneling of soft soil. Transition curve. Harbour and Dock.
9. Hydrology: Hydrologic cycle rainfall, unit hydrograph flood estimation. reservoir design. well hydraulics.
10. Irrigation: Duty, Delta. Crop water requirements design of lined and unlined canals. head work, gravity dams and orgee spillways. Irrigation method.