With help of Karnataka PGCET 2020 M.Tech Syllabus of Mechanical Sciences, candidates can prepare the examination in better way to crack the Entrance Test. Candidates can use the syllabus while preparing for Karnataka PGCET 2020 M.Tech in Mechanical Sciences. To get more information about topics cover in the syllabus of M.Tech (Mechanical Sciences) Entrance Test, check this article.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 M.Tech Syllabus – Mechanical Sciences
Karnataka Examinations Authority Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (KEA PGCET) M.Tech Admissions 2020 Syllabus for Mechanical Science is given below.
Mechanical Sciences: Part – A
1. Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra: Matrices, System of Linear Equations Eigen values and Eigen vectors; Calculus: Taylor’s Series, Partial Derivatives, Tota Derivatives, Definite Integrals; Differential Equations: Linear Ordinary Differentia Equations, First Order Non Lineal Ordinary Differentiaal Equations, Initial and Boundar: Value Problems, Laplace Transformation, Partial Differential Equations; Numerica Methods: System of Linear Equations, Jacobi, Gauss Siedel and Clout’s methods, Runge Kutta and Newton – Raphson methods; Probability and Statistics: Gaussian and Weibu distribution and properties, Method of Least Squares, Regression Analysis, Analysis oi Variance, Fourier Transforms.
2. Engineering Materials: Structure and properties of engineering materials, Heal treatment, composite materials and their applications.
3. Engineering Mechanics: Free body concepts, Equations of Equilibrium, Centroids and Moment of inertia.
4. Strength Of Materials: Stress and Strains, Elastic Constants, Principal Stresses, Maximum Shear Stress, Theories of failure, Shear Force and Bending Moment diagrams. Shear and bending stresses in Beams, Deflection of Beams, Torsion, Columns.
5. Fluid Mechanics: Fluid properties, fluid statics, Manometry, Buoyancy, Conservation laws, Euler’s equation, Bernoulli’s equation, Viscous flow of incompressible fluids, Laminar and Turbulent flows, Flow through pipes, Dimensional analysis.
6. Thermodynamics: Laws of thermodynamics, internal energy, enthalpy and entropy, Thermodynamic processes, Heat and work, Irreversibility and availability, perfect gas, properties of pure substances. Air standard and fuel air cycles, IC engines and Gas turbines, centrifugal and axial flow compressors.
7. Theory Of Machines : Analysis of planar mechanisms, Dynamic analysis of Slider-Crank mechanism, Cams and followers. Kinematics of Gears, Governors and flywheels, Balancing of reciprocating and rotating masses. Free and Forced vibrations of single degree freedom systems. Effect of damping, Transmissibility, Vibration Isolation, Critical speed of shafts.
8. Design Of Machine Elements: Material and manufacturing considerations, Design of Shafts, keys, couplings, bolted, riveted and welded joints, Dynamic loads, Design of power sciews, helical springs, Spur gears, clutches and brakes, Hydrodynamic lubrication, Journal bearings and anti friction bearings.
9. Production Engineering : Metal casting processes, Melting and Pouring of cast iron, Ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys, casting defects, Inspection of castings, Hot and Cold working of metals. Metal joining processes. Soldering brazing and welding, modern welding processes; Metal cutting tools – machine tool operations. Non-traditional machining processes.
10. Industrial Engineering And Management: Introduction to work study and method study. Principles of organization, types of organization types of ownership, functions of personnel management, functions of sales management. Materials management, inventory control, value analysis scheduling & production control, PERT and CPM.
Mechanical Sciences: Part – B
Introduction: 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke Engines, Engine Components, Carbonation, Petrol and Diesel Fuel Injection, Combustion in S. I & C. I Engines, Engine Cooling.
Automotive Electrical & Electronics’: Storage Batteries, Ignition System, Starter Motor, Charging System.
Vehicle Dynamics: Undamped and Damped vibrations, Forced Vibrations, Vehicle Vibrations on Human Comfort.
Automotive Component Design: Power for Propulsion, Design of I. C Engine Parts and Gear Box.
Metrology and Measurements: Limits, Fits & tolerances, types of gauges, comparators, Surface finish equipment’s, pressure, and flow and strain measurement.
CAD/ CAM: Product Cycle, Elements of CAD/CAM system-Hardware and Software, modeling, Transformations, NC, CNC, Robots Configurations and Applications, Programming Language, Robotic Sensors.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.