The Karnataka Examinations Authority, Bangalore is conducting Online / Offline Counseling for allotment of seats for admission to Post Graduate Degree / Diploma Courses in Medical / Dental subjects in Government Medical and Dental colleges, Government Quota seats in Private and Minority Medical and Dental Colleges and Government Quota seats in Deemed Universities located in the State of Karnataka for the academic year 2017‐18 as per the “Karnataka Conduct of Entrance Test for Selection and Admission to Post Graduate Medical and Dental Degree and Diploma Courses Rules 2006 as amended from time to time and in July 2012,November 2013, December 2013 and January 2014, March 2016”.
|Commencement of Entry of Application Online||18 Mar 2017|
|Last Date to Enter Application details Online||25 Mar 2017|
|Last date to pay the fees in the Bank/Post Office||27 Mar 2017|
Karnataka PGET 2017 Quick Links
Schedule for Submission of Original Documents
Option Entry Schedule for Online 2nd Round (Government/Private Seats only)
- List of candidates who have submitted original documents – Check Here
- For Second Round Rearrange of Option – Click Here
Counselling Schedule Round I (NRI / MANAGEMENT seats only)
- Second Round Allotment Procedure (For NRI/Managment Quota) – Check Here
- Second Round Results NRI/Managment Quota – Medical | Dental
The document verification will be conducted in the premises of KEA, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru, Karnataka, as per the below schedule. The candidates have to attend the document verification process with all the necessary original documents and one set of self attested photocopies of the same.
Candidates have to be personally present for the document verification with all the required original documents and strictly adhere to the time schedule allotted as per their Serial Number.
- List of candidates for Document Verification – Medical
- List of candidates for Document Verification – Dental
- List of candidates for already verified documents – Medical (Non In-service)
- List of candidates for already verified documents – Dental – (Non In-service)
Note: The serial number list is assigned by KEA only for the purpose of document verification; this serial number has no relevance to the merit / rank list which will be published & notified later after verification.
For candidates who hold the Document Verification slip cum acknowledgement card:
All the candidates are eligible to select 2nd category seats as per the eligibility criteria of the respective institutions. KEA has already conducted the document verification to the candidates belonging to 1st category, and if any such candidate who is willing to opt 2nd category seats, he / she need not attend the document verification once again to consider him / her for 2nd category seats. (Refer Information Bulletin) Hence,
- Who are eligible to claim reserved seats based on linguistic or religious minority status in minority institutions or local area in Deemed institutions, they will have to submit the relevant certificates such as Minority (Linguistic / Religious) or Local domicile certificates or 371(j) certificates (other than those documents / certificates already submitted), and
- Who have not submitted any other documents / certificates (like Reservations certificates)
Can submit the same on 31‐03‐2017 as per the schedule along with the original document verification slip the issued to them earlier.
Medical Seat Matrix
- Medical Degree – Government Seats
- Medical Diploma – Government Seats
- Medical Degree – Private Seats
- Medical Diploma – Private Seats
Dental Seat Matrix
- Dental Degree – Government Seats
- Dental Diploma – Government Seats
- Dental Degree – Private Seats
- Dental Diploma – Private Seats
User ID/PGET No. and Secret Key
The candidate who becomes eligible after verification of documents will be given high security User ID and Secret Key, which enables the candidate to register into the option entry portal of KEA. Using this User ID and secret key the candidate has to coin his/her own password for further processes namely option entry ,viewing of online seat allotment details ,etc. For any reason User ID and Secret key should not be made known or revealed to others as it might enable modification / tampering data. The Candidate will solely be responsible for maintaining secrecy of the Password and KEA will not take any responsibility in this regard. Secret key is important and should be held confidentially. It is as important as the PIN of ATM card. Password is essential for candidate’s login, entry of options, change of options, saving and deletion of options and for printing of allotment details. In addition to above process, the KEA is planning to include OTP (One time password) process for freezing the priority option entry. This process is for improved security.
The candidates allotted a seat shall get themselves admitted to the colleges by furnishing relevant undertakings within the due date notified in the seat allotment letter/admission order provided by KEA, failing which their allotted seat shall automatically stands cancelled. However, the admission shall be provisional and subject to the approval of the Government/Apex bodies/ concerned Universities.
Certificates to be Produced
All candidates appearing for document verification should produce the following in Original Certificates along with one set of self attested copy of all the required documents at the time of document verification. The originals certificates will be verified and returned to the candidates.
- KEA PGET‐2017 Registration form duly filled (print out) and paid Challan copy.
- Two Passport Size colour photographs (photograph uploaded to the NBE examination)
- Photo Identity Proof (PAN Card / Driving License / Voter ID / Passport / Aadhar Card / Ration Card)
- Admit card & Score Card issued by NBE for medical & Dental courses.
- SLC or 10th Standard Marks Card (For date of birth).
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard Marks Card of the Candidate.
- Candidates Study Certificate: A study certificate from the Head of educational institution where he or she had studied. Further, School Study Certificates should be counter signed by the concerned Block Education Officer (BEO)/ Deputy Director of Public Instructions (DDPI) COMPULSORILY in the proforma prescribed.
- MBBS / BDS marks card issued by Universities of all phases / years.
- Qualifying degree certificate. (PDC will be accepted only for candidates who have passed MBBS / BDS during 2016)
- Certificate of internship completion in Annexure I for candidates who have already completed internship.(Provisional internship completion certificate will be accepted for Candidates completing their internship by 31st March 2017, only for 1st round of counseling.
- State/ Central Medical / Dental Council Registration Certificate. (Candidates who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualification outside India and do not have SMC / MCI registration should bring their original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead).Provisional registration certificate will be accepted only for document verification only for candidates who have passed MBBS / BDS during 2016, (Prior to 2016, candidates should compulsory produce the original Registration certificate) Permanent State / Central Medical / Dental Council Registration Certificate to be compulsorily submitted at the time of admission process.
- Attempt certificate for having completed the UG Degree issued by concerned college Principals.
- All the Candidates are also required to submit an UNDERTAKING on Rs. 20 e‐Stamp Paper brought out in the name of the Candidate to the Karnataka Examinations Authority as shown in Annexure IV. Only on submission of this document, Candidate’s Document verification process is stated to be completed and he /she becomes eligible for allotment of User ID and Secret Key