KCET 2020 will be held on July 30 and 31, 2020. The Kannada language candidates have to take the exam a day later on August 01, 2020. The test will be held in the offline mode and across various centres in Karnataka. Admit card for the exam has already been issued to the registered candidates and here are the KCET 2020 exam instructions and guidelines.
KCET 2020 Exam Instruction
Since the exam is being held amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic, some safety measures have to be followed. KEA is yet to announce the precautions at exam centers to be followed from their end. However, candidates must be ready with precautions from their part.
Appearing for KCET 2020 In COVID-19
Here are some basic mandatory guidelines that must be followed at KCET 2020 exam centre for COVID-19 precautions:
- Wear your mask all the time. Never take it off.
- If the mask is to be taken off, please dispose it at a proper place.
- Carry more than one mask and keep them safe.
- Keep a pocket hand sanitiser with you.
- Remove label and make sure the bottle is transparent.
- If the sanitiser is not allowed inside the centre then there sure will be arrangements inside from the authorities.
- Keep sanitising your hands at regular intervals.
Cover it up
- Cover your face while sneezing or coughing
- Do so even if you have a mask on
Carry own water bottle
- Carry your own drinking water in a transparent bottle, with no wrapper.
- Do not drink water from other sources at the center
- Do not share your water bottle with others
- Make sure the bottle is transparent and has no stickers on it
- Do not gather in crowd
- Talk with keeping 6 to 7 feet distance
- Exit and enter the centre without rushing
- Be on time and stay away form crowds
- Listen and follow the safety instructions at the centre
How were the other exams that were held amidst COVID-19?
CEE recently held KEAM 2020 on July 16, 2020. All precautions were followed at the center like thermal scanning and distribution of sanitizers. However, the social distancing norms were ignored by parents and students outside the gate.
KCET 2020 aspirants and their parents must take special care of social distancing at the centers. The authorities are trying to do as much as they can. However, our safety is our own responsibility.
Important Documents to Be Carried at KCET 2020 Exam Hall
Candidates are required to carry the below given items at the centre.
- A printed copy of KCET hall ticket 2020
- Black or blue ballpoint pen
- A valid id proof (Aadhar card / Passport / PAN card / College Identity card / 2nd PU / 12th examination admission ticket / Driving License)
Specific to the Kannada language aspirants: For the Kannada language test the candidates have to carry KCET admit card, photocopy of original documents of parent’s marks card, study certificate, etc.
Do Not Carry These Items at KCET 2020 Exam Centre
The following items are considered unfair means inside the exam center of KCET 2020. Thus avoid carrying any one of the following:
- Any modern electronic equipments
- Any gadget
- Mobile Phones
- Bits of Papers
- White markers
- Log table
- Wireless sets
- Wrist watch
KCET 2020 Exam Day Guidelines For Inside The Exam Hall / Room
Once the candidates have entered the exam hall and have taken their seats the following instructions shall be applicable:
First 10 minutes inside the exam center: This time is to fill the following particulars in the OMR sheet:
- CET Number
- Version Code
- Serial number of the question booklet
Next 70 minutes: This time is only to mark the answers of the question asked in the KCET 2020 question paper. There will be 60 rows are corresponding to 60 questions. Each row shall have 4 corresponding circle of which one must be shaded for the correct answer.
The answers must be marked correctly, or else the OMR scanner will not be able to evaluate the marks. The correct way to marks the answer in OMR sheet is shown below:
Other General Guidelines of KCET 2020 Exam Day
Some guidelines that must be also taken care of are:
- Follow the reporting time as given on the KCET admit card and be on time.
- Carry all mandatory documents without fail.
- Before starting the exam check that the OMR answer sheet and the question paper issued are of the same version code.
- Keep the admit card safe even after the exam is over.
Here is the KCET 2020 Schedule
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2020 will be held in 2 shift each day, here is the schedule of the exam:
|Biology||30 July||10.30 am to 11.50 am|
|Mathematics||30 Jul||02.30 pm to 03.50 pm|
|Physics||31 Jul||10.30 am to 11.50 am|
|Chemistry||31 Jul||01.30 pm to 03.50 pm|
KCET is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) to offer admission in disciplines like engineering, technology, yoga & naturopahy, pharmacy, and farm science. The candidates can take admission in courses like B.Tech, B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Pharma, Pharma D, etc. This exam is a state level common entrance test held in offline mode.
The exam is objective in nature which means, it has multiple-choice questions. Questions in the exam come from Biology / Maths, Physics and Chemistry. The candidates are given 80 minutes to complete each subject paper of the exam. For every right answer 1 mark is awarded. There is no negative marking in case of wrong answers. The distribution of questions and marks in the exam is as follows:
|Name of the Subject||Total No. of Questions||Marks|
|Biology / Maths||60||60|
All the best to all KCET 2020 aspirants. Be safe on the exam day and for any query, comment below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.