KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria – Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) for admission in various Undergraduate courses. To apply for the exam, it is mandatory for a candidates to fulfill the KCET Eligibility Criteria. Criteria covers educational qualification, domicile and other points for the course. Before releasing the application form, KEA will release the information Brochure for the candidates to check the criteria before applying for exam. For more information, KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria read the page below.
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for the KCET 2020 for admission into ike B.sc. (Agriculture), B.sc. (Sericulture), B.sc (Horticultue), B.sc(Forestry), B.sc. Agri Bio Tech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc.(Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science & Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri.Marketing & Co-Op), B-Pharma, Pharma-D Courses can check the eligibility criteria as per KEA form this page below:
Medical / Dental courses (MBBS / BDS)
- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages
- Must have passed with a minimum of 50% of Marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects. (40% for SC, ST, Cat‐1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates)
- Admission into MBBS/BDS will be on the basis of the NEET-UG score
Architecture course (B.Arch)
- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam
- Must have obtain more than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and 45% in case of SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates and person with disability of mental retardation or mental illness
- Admission into B.Arch will be given on the basis of NATA score.
Engineering / Technology courses (B.E. / B.Tech) and B.Sc. courses
- Candidates who have passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages
- Must have passed with minimum of 45% of Marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer and 40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates
Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)
- Candidates must have passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std. from the recognized board
- Must have obtains minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects and 40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates in aggregate.
- In case of B.V.Sc & AH merit will be prepared based on 50% of Marks secured in CET (PCB) and 50% of marks scored in the practical test.
B-Pharma and Pharma-D
- Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with PCB or PCM stream and must have more than 45% of aggregate marks and 40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B candidates OR
- Candidates have passed in Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India with minimum 45% marks and 40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates
Academic KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria as per the Admission Rules
Candidates are required to check the other academic KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria from below:
- Candidates must be of Indian Nationality.
- Candidates who have passed from Karnataka State Open University are also not eligible for KCET 2020
- If the qualifying exam result of a candidate is awaited, may appear for CET 2020 but the candidates fails to meet the required minimum marks in QE will not get admission into the course.
- Students appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual 2020 are not required to submit their Q. E. marks card to the KEA, as it will be obtained directly from the Department of PUE
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than the universities listed in the VTU Website are not eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the online application form of KCET 2020.
Karanantaka common entrance test(KCET) is conducted for the admission into various UG courses in the colleges of Karanataka. It is a state-level exam conducted in pen-paper based mode (offline mode). Candidates who have completed 10+2 level education apply for the exam. Exam will carry the 4 sections which Physics, chemistry, Mathematics and Biology and each section will be of 60 marks. On the basis of the score of KCET candidates will get admission for the courses.
The Government of Karnataka established the common Entrance Test Cell in 1994 to conduct the entrance test for admissions into various UG and PG courses in Karnataka. Later in 2006, it is converted as an autonomous body called Karnataka Examination Authority. KEA is governed by the Governing Council Minister of Higher Education, GOK. For admission KEA conducts entrance exam and online seats allottment process for the courses like MBBS/BDS, B.Arch for the colleges for Karnataka.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.