CEE conducts the KEAM 2018, a state level entrance exam which is held every year. This time KEAM 2018 was conducted on April 23 and 24, 2018. This examination is only for the engineering and pharmacy courses because as per the latest news report, medical, agriculture, forestry, veterinary, fisheries courses admissions in Kerala will be done on the basis of NEET exam organized by CBSE. After the examination, now the KEAM 2018 Answer Keys are made available online. Therefore, much before the KEAM 2018 Result declaration, candidates can get the estimated scores. As per the latest report CEE has released the notification inviting fresh applicants for admission to Architecture/Medical & Allied courses(including MBBS & BDS) in the State from candidates who have not yet submitted applications to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations under KEAM 2018. The shortlisting of candidates for engineering admission will be on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination and marks obtained in the qualifying examination, i.e, Class 12th or its equivalent. Get here complete details of KEAM 2018 including dates, answer keys, result, cut off and much more
Latest: Notification regarding the withdrawal of online facilities has been released, scroll down to check the same online.
The admission engineering and pharmacy courses will be done through KEAM 2018, however, the admission in MBBS/ BDS courses in Kerala State will be on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in NEET 2018 exam. Similarly for Architecture courses admission will be done on the basis of NATA 2018. Further, the candidate can check the exam for the engineering entrance exam and the schedule for the rest of the events in the table below.
|KEAM 2018 Application Form shall be available by||01 Feb 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form along with the fees will be||28 Feb 2018|
|Last date for receipt of Printout of Online Application along with supporting documents||31 Mar 2018|
|Issuance of KEAM 2018 Admit Card||10 Apr 2018|
|KEAM 2018 exam date|
|Declaration of Result||22 May 2018|
|Publication of KEAM 2018 Rank Lists for Engineering, Architecture, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied and Ayurveda||20 Jun 2018|
|Reopening of Application windows for Architecture/Medical & Allied courses|
|Fresh Application start from||07 May 2018|
|Last date for Submission of application form||12 May 2018|
|Submission of NATA Score & Plus Two marks||04 to |
14 Jun 2018
It must be noted that the entrance exam will only be conducted for the engineering courses, selection for other courses will be based on common entrance exams like NEET 2018 and NATA 2018.
KEAM 2018 Non-utilization certificate
Non-utilization certificate for XS/SD/HR/DK is available candidates need to fill an online form for the same. A notice and form regarding Non-utilization certificate has been released by the CEE. Candidates can check the same from the below.
- Click here to check the notification regarding the withdrawal of online facilities(In Malayalam).
- Click here to check the notification regarding the withdrawal of online facilities(In English).
- Click here to fill the Online form for non-utilization certificate for XS/SD/HR/DK
KEAM 2018 List of Candidates
Various list of candidates related to KEAM Admission 2018 has been released, candidates need to check the lists to keep a track of admission process time to time. Any list of candidates which will release in future related to KEAM 2018 admission will be updated here for the sake of candidates. The list of candidates can be accessed from the official website or through the direct links that are provided below.
List of Candidates:
- List of candidates eligible for Refund/Balance of Fee. Check here | Press Release
- Click here to check the list of Minority with NRI Quota and Revised NRI Quota candidates.
Note: Candidates who are eligible for Fee/Balance fee refund are requested to submit their Bank Account details online before December 03, 2018. Login to KEAM-2018 Candidate Portal for submitting the account details
KEAM 2018 Important Notice
KEAM 2018 Course Addition Facility Notice
- Click Here to go to the Candidate Login.
KEAM 2018 New Application Form
The fresh application form for Architecture/Medical & Allied courses are available online at the official website of CEE. The facility for online submission of fresh applications and addition of course(s) to the already submitted application will be available in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in
Fresh Application: Only for candidates who have not submitted any applications to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations under KEAM 2018.
Adding new courses: Only for candidates who have already submitted the application to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations under KEAM 2018 for any of the courses.
The candidates who have not submitted applications to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations for admission to Professional Degree Courses through KEAM-2018 can submit fresh online application for admission to Architecture/Medical & Allied courses through the link ‘KEAM 2018-New Application’ provided in the official website.
- Firstly, the aspirants shall have to register online by entering the basic details such as their Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number.
- Upon completing the registration part the applicants shall receive an Application Number for future logins. Next, the candidate should fill in their Personal Details, Educational Qualification and other details, upload photograph, signature and left thumb impression, make payment for the application fee and submit the application form online.
- Also, the applicants shall have to submit the print out of filled up application form along with the relevant documents and send it by post to the Office of CEE. Further details of the application form are given in the quick link section.
The required Application Fee for fresh applications can be paid by way of online payment or by way of e-challan generated from the web page at the time of submission of online application.
|(a)||Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both||700||300|
|(b)||Architecture only/ Medical & Allied only/both||500||200|
|(c)||Both (a) and (b)||900||400|
ST candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.
Candidates who choose ‘Dubai’ as the Examination Centre will have to pay an additional fee of Rs.12,000/- online. If the payment is made in India, the additional fee can also be paid by e-challan.
Courses Offered through KEAM 2018
The candidates are offered admission in the following Professional Courses for the academic session 2018:
Engineering Courses :
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)includes all Courses
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology)
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
Agriculture & Forestry Courses:
- BSc.(Hons.) Agri.
- BSc.(Hons.) Forestry
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. & AH)
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc)
Eligibility Criteria for KEAM 2018
The aspirants before proceeding to apply online for the entrance exam must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions as laid down by CEE. The eligibility criteria to appear for KEAM 2018 is as follows:
Applicants must be 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018. No relaxation in the minimum age is being given. No upper age limit for Engineering, Architecture and B.Pharm Courses is there. For Medical and Allied courses, the upper age limit will be as per NEET-UG 2018.
Only citizens of India are eligible for admission. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply to KEMA 2018 but will not be eligible for any kind of reservation. Candidates seeking admission to Professional Degree courses will be divided into the following categories:
- Keralite: A candidate who was born in Kerala and is a resident of the state will be termed as “Keralite’. Only these type of candidates are eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation and any other fee concession.
- Non-Keralite Category I (NK I): A candidate who is not resident of Kerala but fulfils at least one of the following conditions will come under this category:
- Who has undergone the qualifying course in Kerala and is the son or daughter of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Government of India or Defence Service posted in Kerala.
- Those who have passed the qualifying course in Kerala and are the son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who is currently serving or has served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
- The person is not of Kerala Origin but is a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5 years in the 12 year period of his/her study.
- He/ she, not of Kerala Origin but has undergone his/her school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII. In order to prove that the candidate is a Non-Keralite Category I (NK I), he/she has to produce the relevant proof along with the printout of the application.
- Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]: Candidates who do not come under any if the above-mentioned categories will be put under ‘Non-Keralite Category-II’. Such candidates are eligible for admission to Government seats and Management quota seats in Engineering courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges only when the candidates of above 2 groups are not available for admission.
- Medical & Allied Courses
- For MBBS, BDS, BSMS: Those who have passed in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology in the Higher Secondary exam of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or any equivalent examination with minimum 50% marks in Biology or Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology put together are eligible to apply.
Note: If a candidate has Biotechnology as a subject instead of Biology ,it will also be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- For admission to BAMS/ BHMS courses: Candidates who passed the Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or any other equally recognised exam with 50% marks in Biology separately, and altogether 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible.
Note: For BAMS/ BHMS course, Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for academic eligibility.
- For BUMS course: Aspirants seeking admission to the Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery-BUMS course should have passed the Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology having minimum 50% aggregate marks in the subjects and also must have secured 50% aggregate marks in Biology separately.
Also, the candidate should have passed
- 10th standard with Urdu/Arabic/Persian language as a subject or must have cleared the Urdu test in the Entrance Examination conducted by the University/Board/Registered Society which is authorized by the Government
- pre-Tib examination of one-year duration.
- For admission to B.Sc.(Hons.)Agri., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, BFSc courses: Candidates aspiring for this course must have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or equivalent exam with 50% marks in Biology separately and cumulative 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together.
Note: For this course also, Biotechnology will not be considered as a subject for eligibility.
- For admission to BVSc. & AH Course: Candidates must have minimum 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in the qualifying examination apart from other requirements to be eligible for this course. Relaxation in marks will be as per the notification.
- Eligibility of B.Sc. Degree holders: Candidates who have passed three year BSc Degree examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biotechnology as Main, and any one or two of the above subjects as subsidiaries, with altogether 50% marks in both Main & Subsidiaries, and have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or other recognised examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and BSMS courses.
- For all Engineering courses: Candidates should have passed HSC of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or equivalent examination in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology. Also, the applicant should secure a minimum 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology.
- For B.Arch: The applicant should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised Board with Mathematics as a subject OR Should possess a 10+3 Diploma recognised by Central/State Governments with Mathematics as a subject OR possess an International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
KEAM 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for KEAM 2018 will be issued by CEE online at its official website. Usually, the KEAM Admit Card 2018 is available for download a week or two before the exam. The candidate will be able to download their KEAM Hall Ticket/ Admit Card by entering details such as Application Number, Password, Date of Birth. The applicants should carry the print out of the KEAM Hall Ticket on the day of the examination.
Exam Pattern for KEAM 2018
Now even though KEAM 2018 exam information brochure has not yet been released (which will contain exam pattern), usually exam pattern remains the same, so you can refer to that to start with. The structure for KEAM 2018 is as follows:
|KEAM Exam||Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|Paper I||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
- Number of Questions: 120
- Duration of the exam: 150 minutes
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response in the Engineering Entrance Examination, the candidates will be awarded FOUR marks, and for each incorrect response, ONE mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Entrance Examination for Engineering courses will be conducted with a relative weightage of 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
KEAM 2018 Syllabus
Candidates can check here complete syllabus for KEAM 2018 below:
How To Prepare For KEAM 2018?
There is no hard and fast rule for clearing the obstacle that lies in your way. Students will have to work hard and dedicatedly to clear the Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam with good marks.
Plan your timetable accordingly. The timetable should include enough time for you to learn, practice, revise and short breaks in between. By planning a good timetable you will be disciplined for the study schedule.
Prepare according to the syllabus only.
Practice from previous years questions papers. This should be done once the students are confident enough to take the test. By solving the previous year papers, the students will be able to know the nature of the questions, and how well have they performed.
Follow only limited books and guides for preparation. Studying from too many books will only confuse you.
Write down down the important points, formulas, and revise them daily.
KEAM 2018 Answer key
The Answer Key of KEAM 2018 will be published online by Commissioner of Entrance Examinations. It will be available for download in pdf format at the official website of KEAM. The Answer Key for the entrance examination is usually released a day or two after the exam. The answer key consists of correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. With the help of the KEAM 2018 Answer Key, the applicants can calculate their probable score as per the marking scheme is given by the CEE. Also, the candidate can estimate their chances of qualifying the KEAM 2018 entrance examination.
KEAM 2018 Selection Criteria
The candidates will be shortlisted for admission in various Engineering and B.Arch courses for the academic session 2018 on the basis of the following:
- For all Engineering Courses: The selection of a candidate for admission will be done on the basis of their merit in the Engineering Entrance Examination and marks obtained in the qualifying examination. Equal weightage of 50:50 shall be given to the score obtained in the Entrance Examination for Engineering (Paper I & Paper II put together), and the grade/marks obtained in the final year of the qualifying examination for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together. The subjects of the qualifying examination considered for the computation of marks for the purpose of ranking shall be Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Bio-Technology/ Biology.
- For B.Arc Program: A Rank list for admission to B. Arch Course will be prepared by giving equal weightage to the score obtained in the ‘National Aptitude Test in Architecture’ (NATA) and to the
marks/grades obtained in the Qualifying Examination by the candidate. It is important that the candidate should qualify NATA 2018.
- For MBBS/BDS Programme: Candidates will have to qualify NEET-UG as per the qualifying criteria prescribed by NEET-UG 2018 for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
KEAM 2018 Result
The result will be published in online mode only. The exam conducting body will also publish a separate merit list for all the courses on the basis of marks secured by the candidate. The Merit list for KEAM 2018 engineering courses will be prepared on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% of marks obtained in the KEAM exam and 50% for marks scored in the qualifying examination.
KEAM 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, those candidates whose name appear in the merit list will be eligible to participate in KEAM Counselling 2018. There shall be an online counselling process for admission. Candidates included in the Rank lists for Engineering, Architecture, have to register their options in the stream(s) concerned for being considered for allotments to the courses and colleges under the respective stream(s). On the basis of the merit, choices filled and availability of seat, the candidate will be allotted a seat. Candidates who get allotment will have to report before the Principal/Head of the Institution for document verification. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, the candidate has to bring along documents in proof of Academic Background, Date of Birth, Category, etc.
Official Website: www.cee-kerala.org
For more information about Fresh Applications for Architecture/Medical & Allied courses, Click Here.
For more information of KEAM, check this year’s information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.