KUCTE B.Ed 2018 Admission: University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram had invited applications for admission to the B.Ed Degree Course in the Govt./Aided/Self-financing Training Colleges of Teacher Education for the academic year 2018-20. The admission was decided through a qualifying examination known as KUCTE.
Kerala University B.Ed Admission 2018
The applicants were able to register themselves as per schedule. The candidates shall be ranked based on the marks obtained in Part III of their degree. The rank list will be displayed as per schedule. On the basis of the appearance of the name in the merit list, candidate then perform in Interview session the selected candidates will join the classes as per schedule.
Kerala University B.Ed 2018 Result were released after the successful completion of Kerala University B.Ed 2018 Exam. The candidates wrere able to download the result from the official website or from the link that was provided below.
Rank List: Click here to check the Rank List of Selected Candidates for B.Ed 2018 – 2020.
There is no upper age criteria for admission to B.Ed programme in University of Kerala.
Academic Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should have passed the BA/B.Sc Degree examination under the 10+2+3 pattern from the University of Kerala or any other University recognized by the University of Kerala. Candidates wishing to apply for the course must have obtained a minimum of 50% in all the 3 years or 50% marks in Post Graduation in the concerned subject.
Eligibility for different optional subjects
- English:- candidate must possess an undergraduate Degree in English Language and Literature with 50% marks in all the 3 parts together.
- Malayalam:- candidate must possess an undergraduate Degree in Malayalam Language and Literature with 50% marks in all the 3 parts together.
- Hindi:- candidate must have obtained an undergraduate Degree in Hindi Language and Literature with 50% marks in all the 3 parts i.e Part I, II, and III.
- Arabic:- Undergraduate Degree in Arabic Language and Literature with 50% marks in Part all the three parts together.
- Tamil:- Undergraduate Degree in Tamil Language and Literature with 50% marks in all the three parts together.
- Sanskrit:- an Undergraduate Degree in Sanskrit Language and Literature with 50% marks in all the 3 parts together
Other options are Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Natural Sciences, Social Science, Commerce, and Geography.
Relaxation of marks
Certain category of candidates are entitled for relaxation in marks
- SC/ST- are eligible for admission
- SEBC- 5 %
- OEC- 5%
- Blind Candidates- 5%
(i) Reservation for reserved category candidates for seats in govt. colleges
|Open Merit||64 %||64%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Class(SEBC)|
|Other Backward Hindu(OBH)||5|
|Other Backward Christian(OBX)||1|
|Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes|
|Scheduled Caste(SC)||8||10 %|
(ii) Reservation for reserved category candidates for seats in Aided Training Colleges
|Seat Reservation||Forward Community Colleges||Backward Community Colleges|
|Open Quota||55 %||45 %|
|SC||15 %||15 %|
|ST||05 %||05 %|
|Community Quota||10 %||20 %|
|Management seats||15 %|
NOTE- 3% of seats shall be reserved for the PWD category candidates
(iii) Reservation for reserved category candidates for seats in private colleges
Candidates who are applying for B.Ed admission under this category, a 50% of the seats under Merit quota will be filled up on the basis of the merit and also be exercising the reservation policy of State Government.
Aspirants seeking admission to B. Ed course were to submit their applications in the college of their choice as per the schedule. The application form was purchased from the colleges where the candidates liked to join. Please note that only the applications filled in all respects attested supported documents submitted before the last date of submission of application were considered. After the applications were submitted with all the the formalities, the colleges published the merit list on the basis of the basis of the marks in BA. the rank list was published on the official website.
Documents to be attested with the application form
- Self-attested xerox of the SSLC to prove date of birth.
- Self-attested xerox of the mark lists of all parts of the qualifying examination along with
- Degree/Provisional certificates.
- Domicile Certificate to prove nativity.
- Communal reservation Certificates
- Self-attested xerox of special reservation certificates
- Degree of the Equivalency Certificate and Eligibility Certificate from the University of
- Kerala, stating that, their Qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to
- B.Ed. Degree course
- Self-attested xerox of NSS/NCC certificate
Marks Weightage Criteria
Candidates will be awarded extra marks if they have attained these achievements:-
- 15 marks- for the candidates who have obtained First Class PG Degree
- 10 marks- for the candidates who have Second Class PG Degree
- 10 marks- for candidates having a certificate in NSS/NCC
- 5 marks- for Third Class PG Degree
Marks will be deducted for a candidate based on the following basis:-
- 3 marks- for candidates who have passed the qualifying exam in second chance
- 5 marks- candidates clearing their qualifying exam in third chance
- 10 marks- for candidates who clear their qualifying examination in four or more chances
Candidate who have a fight for a same spot, in such criteria interse merit shall be used to break the tie:-
- Candidates scoring more marks in Part I, Part II in English will be placed higher in rank.
- percentage of total marks for the qualifying examination
- age of candidates
- alphabetical order of the name
The annual tuition fee in Government, Aided and Self Financing Colleges are as follows:-
|Fees Structure||Government and Aided Colleges||Self Financing Colleges|
|Annual Tuition Fee||Rs.3570/-||Rs. 29000.00/-|
Fee Structure of KUCTEs
|Fee||I Year||II Year|
|Rs.25,000/- (liable to be revised)
Verification of Documents
The candidates must produce the proper and genuine documents related to his education, domicile, caste etc. The Principals of the respected colleges will verify the documents personally after which the for rank list will be prepared. The seat can be guaranteed only when the verification of original documents is done satisfactorily.
For more information regarding Kerala University B.Ed Admission 2018 – 20, download Information Brochure.