Kerala University has offered admission to Post Graduate Degree Courses at Teaching Department. The Kerala University conducted the entrance examination 2018 for admission to MA /M.Sc. /M.Com /MLISc./MSW/M.Ed./MCJ & LLM programmes in the teaching departments in the university. Candidates can check the complete information of Kerala University PG Admission 2018 application process, eligibility for different courses and other information on this page below.
Kerala University PG Admission 2018
Candidates can fill their application for PG Admission in Kerala University at Teaching Department from the official website as per schedule mention below. Admissions to the seats to be filled for the Departmental PG Programmes are regulated on the basis of grade/marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the marks obtained in the entrance test.
Schedule for the Kerala University PG Admission 2018 is given below.
|Notification of Admissions||01 Mar 2018|
|Date of uploading of application form on the website||08 Mar 2018|
|Last date for Online application||10 Apr 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||20, 21, 23, 24, 25 May 2018|
|Publication of Rank List||06 Aug 2018|
|Admission Starts||16 Aug 2018|
|Classes Start||20 Aug 2018|
|Admission Closes||10 Sep 2018|
Kerala University Application Form
The candidate who wishes to join PG Degree Programme in the University Departments has to compulsorily register online at official website i.e. www.keralauniversity.ac.in. A candidate will have the facility to apply for a maximum of 3 programmes through a single registration. On successful completion of the online registration, the candidate should take the printout of the same.
Application Fee: General: Rs. 500/-; SC/ST: Rs.250/-
Kerala University PG Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admissions shall be denied or he/she shall be expelled from the institution. The student at the time of admission should give an undertaking as per the provisions of the anti-ragging verdict by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Candidates Students who have pursued 10+2+3 scheme and obtained a Bachelor Degree from the University of Kerala or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto, and who have secured the following, shall be eligible for admission to PG programmes:
- CGPA of 2 or above in a 4 – point scale or
- 3.5 or above in a 7 -point scale or
- 5 or above in a 10-point scale or
- 50% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks,
- Relaxation for candidates from SC/ST category shall be as follows:
- CGPA of 1.8 or above in a 4-point scale
- 3.15 or above in a 7-point scale
- 4.5 or above in a 10-point scale
- 45% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks.
- Candidate shall secure at least 25% (20% for SC/ST category) of the average marks of the stream in the entrance examination conducted.
- Candidate shall hold Bachelor degree in subjects specified in Schedule I, for admission to corresponding PG Programmes. The CSSAC shall be competent to recommend revisions to Schedule I from time to time, on recommendations of the Department Councils.
- Any candidate admitted to a PG Programme of this University in any subject in earlier years shall not be eligible to apply for admission to any PG Programme. Candidates re-admitted after a break shall not come under this category.
- Any candidate already holding a post-graduate degree by regular mode, shall not be eligible to apply for admission to any PG Programme; provided that admission to M.Tech Programme shall be exempted from this restriction.
- Multiple Applications: A candidate may apply for a maximum of three PG Programmes at a time.
- No rounding off of CGPA or the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted.
Double or Triple main candidates or candidates who have passed the Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialized Courses are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit a copy of the Equivalency and Eligibility certificate from the University of Kerala, stating that, their qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to the relevant PG Degree programme as applicable, at the time of admission.
To check complete eligibility criteria candidates refer to the Information Brochure attached at the bottom of this page.
Kerala University PG Admit Card 2018
The Admit Card for the Entrance Examination can be downloaded from the official website of the University of Kerala, admissions, www.keralauniversity.ac.in. The candidates will have to enter their Application number and Password in order to download the admit card. They will have to take a printout of the admit card. Admit cards will not be sent by post from the University. The venue of the examination and timetable will be given on the admit card.
There shall be an entrance examination for admission to each PG Programme and no candidate shall be admitted to a PG Programme without taking the entrance examination; provided that the restrictions do not apply to SC/ST candidates admitted to vacant seats, foreign candidates, and sponsored candidates.
Nature of Entrance Examinations: Entrance examinations shall consist of 100 Multiple Choice Questions covering subject knowledge at the Qualifying examination and/or logical and numerical reasoning, for the maximum of 2 hours.
Marking of Entrance Examinations: The answer scripts of the entrance examination shall be marked digitally or by the teachers of the respective Department.
Negative Marks: There shall be 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer in the entrance examination.
Rank list for admission shall be prepared by giving equal weightage to entrance exam performance and CGPA/Marks of Qualifying Examinations. For sponsored candidates, ranking shall be based on 80% weightage for CGPA/aggregate marks at bachelor level and 10% for work experience (1%/year) and 10% for an interview conducted by Department Council.
Resolving of Tie
In the case of more than one candidate obtaining equal index marks (Including weightage), the candidate who has scored more CGPA/ marks in the Qualifying Examination will be placed higher in ranking. If the tie persists, the candidate who has scored higher CGPA/marks in core subject will be placed higher in ranking. If the tie still persists, the candidate who has scored higher CGPA/marks in complementary subjects will be placed higher in ranking. Even after this exercise, if the tie persists, the candidate who has scored higher CGPA/marks in languages will be placed higher in ranking.
Reservation of Seats
Seats will be reserved for the following categories in University Departments for various PG programmes.
- Mandatory Reservation
- Reservation for Persons With Disabilities
The seats for each programme in the University Departments will be distributed as per the U.O (MS) No.107/08/H.Edn. and corresponding U.O AcB/I/Admns BC/2008.
Candidates who enjoy communal reservation such as SEBC, SC/ST who have BPL endorsement in the Ration Card are not eligible for BPL reservations. Only candidates belonging to forwarding Communities, who are Economically Backward, are eligible for BPL reservations. Such candidates must produce BPL certificate from the Village Officer/Revenue Authority concerned.
Note: Thiyya and Billava will be considered as Ezhava Community for reservation.
Document to be required at the time of Admission
Reporting at the University Department: Candidates need to report for admission before the Head of the Department concerned only when the announcement regarding the same is made by the University. He/she should report with the following documents in original:
- The Admission Memo.
- Receipt of University fee remitted in the bank.
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the Institution last attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Mark lists of all parts of the Degree examination and Provisional/Degree Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate from the University of Kerala, in case of candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Any other documents required to be produced by the Head of Institution
Verification of Documents: The Head of the Department shall be responsible for verification of original documents and satisfaction of the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of admission. The Head of the Department will have the right to deny an admission if he/she finds any relevant mismatch in the original documents and online data that has affected the ranking process.
Note: Candidates who do not take admission on the prescribed date and time in the University Department will lose his/her claim for admissions.
Official Website: www.keralauniversity.ac.in.
For more details of Kerala University PG Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.