Kerala University has offered admission in Post Graduate Degree Courses at Teaching Department. The Kerala University conducted the entrance examination 2017 to admission in PG Degree courses for the academic year 2017-18. Candidates can check the complete information of Kerala University PG Admission 2017 application process, eligibility for different courses and other information on this page below.
Latest: – Kerala University PG 2017 Second Allotment has been announced, Check it through the link given below.
Kerala University PG Admission 2017
Candidates can fill their application for PG Admission in Kerala Unviersity at Teaching Department from the official website as per schedule mention below. Those who fill their application on time got admit card for entrance test which was held in the month of May 2017 by Kerala University. Admissions to the seats to be filled for the Departmental PG Programmes are regulated on the basis of grade/marks obtained in the qualifying examination and the marks obtained in the entrance test, in the ratio 50:50.
Schedule for the Kerala University PG Admission 2017 is given below.
|Notification of Admissions||01 Mar 2017|
|Last date for Online application||20 Apr 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||21, 22, 24, 25, 26 May 2017|
|Publication of Rank List||10 Jul 2017|
|Date of closure of online registration||16 Sep 2017|
|Trial allotment||15 Sep 2017|
|1st Allotment||19 Sep 2017|
|2nd allotment||23 Sep 2017|
|College joining for Science courses||25 Sep 2017|
|College joining for Other courses||26 Sep 2017|
|Date of commencement of 1st semester PG courses||27 Sep 2017|
Allotment – 2nd
Kerala University has announced the Second Allotment for Admission in PG Courses. Further Allotment will be announced as per the above schedule. Allotment & Cut off can be checked through the direct link provided below.
Kerala University PG Entrance Exam Result 2017 has been declared on 21 Jul 2017, Candidates who have appeared in the admission test which was scheduled to held in the month of may 2017 can check result now. The result has declared online by the Kerala University.
For Ernakulam Centres
For Thiruvananthapuram Centre
Kerala University PG Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- If an applicant for admission is found to have indulged in ragging in the past or if it is noticed later that he/she had indulged in ragging, admissions shall be denied or he/she shall be expelled from the institution. The student at the time of admission should give an undertaking as per the provisions of anti-ragging verdict by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
- Candidates Students who have pursued 10+2+3 scheme and obtained a Bachelor Degree from the University of Kerala or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto, and who have secured the following,shall be eligible for admission to PG programmes:
- CGPA of 2 or above in a 4 – point scale or
- 3.5 or above in a 7 -point scale or
- 5 or above in a 10-point scale or
- 50% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks,
- Relaxation for candidates from SC/ST category shall be as follows:
- CGPA of 1.8 or above in a 4-point scale
- 3.15 or above in a 7-point scale
- 4.5 or above in a 10-point scale
- 45% or above in case of Bachelor Degrees which award marks.
- Candidate shall secure at least 25% (20% for SC/ST category) of the average marks of the stream in the entrance examination conducted as per Section 3.4
- Candidate shall hold Bachelor degree in subjects specified in Schedule I, for admission to corresponding PG Programmes. The CSSAC shall be competent to recommend revisions to Schedule I from time to time, on recommendations of the Department Councils.
- Any candidate admitted to a PG Programme of this University in any subject in earlier years shall not be eligible to apply for admission to any PG Programme. Candidates re-admitted after a break shall not come under this category.
- Any candidate already holding a post-graduate degree by regular mode, shall not be eligible to apply for admission to any PG Programme; provided that admission to M.Tech Programme shall be exempted from this restriction.
- Multiple Applications: A candidate may apply for a maximum of three PG Programmes at a time.
- No rounding off of CGPA or the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted.
Double or Triple main candidates or candidates who have passed the Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialized Courses are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit a copy of the Equivalency and Eligibility certificate from the University of Kerala, stating that, their qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to the relevant PG Degree programme as applicable, at the time of admission.
To check complete eligibility criteria candidates refer to the Information Brochure attached at bottom on this page.
Reservation of Seats
Seats will be reserved for the following categories in University Departments for various PG programmes.
- Mandatory Reservation
- Reservation for Persons With Disabilities
The seats for each programme in the University Departments will be distributed as per the U.O (MS) No.107/08/H.Edn. dated 30.8.08 and corresponding U.O AcB/I/Admns BC/2008 dated 20.9.2008.
Candidates who enjoy communal reservation such as SEBC, SC/ST who have BPL endorsement in the Ration Card are not eligible for BPL reservations. Only candidates belonging to Forward Communities, who are Economically Backward, are eligible for BPL reservations. Such candidates must produce BPL certificate from the Village Officer/Revenue Authority concerned.
Note: (a) Thiyya and Billava will be considered as Ezhava Community for reservation. (b) For SEBC candidates, Annual Family Income should be below Rs.6 lakhs for getting the benefit of reservation.
Kerala University PG Admit Card 2017
Download the hall ticket before the date of entrance examination. The date of hall ticket downloading shall be announced in the website.
The hall ticket for the entrance examination can be downloaded from the website after the official notification. The same will be informed to the students via sms to the mobile number given at the time of registration. This document is very important document. Those who do not bring their admit card will not be permitted to enter in the examination hall.
Document to be required at the time of Admission
Reporting at the University Department: Candidates need to report for admission before the Head of the Department concerned only when the announcement regarding the same is made by the University. He/she should report with the following documents in original:
- The Admission Memo.
- Receipt of University fee remitted in the bank.
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate (TC) from the Institution last attended and Conduct Certificate.
- Mark lists of all parts of the Degree examination and Provisional/Degree Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate from University of Kerala, in case of candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Any other documents required to be produced by the Head of Institution
Verification of Documents: The Head of the Department shall be responsible for verification of original documents and satisfaction of the correctness of the records produced by the candidate at the time of admission. The Head of the Department will have the right to deny an admission, if he/she finds any relevant mismatch in the original documents and online data that has affected the ranking process.
Note : Candidates who do not take admission on the prescribed date and time in the University Department will lose his/her claim for admissions.
For more details of Kerala University PG Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.