|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Kerala State Institute of Design has released notification for eligible candidates for admission into Design Programme like Product Design, Textile Design and Communication Design for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates who are eligible can fill their Application form online from the official website www.ksid.ac.in. Candidates can check the complete details of Kerala State Institute of Design Admission 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection procedure and other information through this page below.
Kerala State Institute of Design Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in Design courses have to fill the online application as per schedule date. All the candidates who fill Application form can be called for Aptitude Test. Shortlisted candidates would be called for Studio Test and Interview.
Schedule for the Kerala State Institute of Design Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date for applying online|
|Date of Aptitude Test||19 Feb 2017|
|Date of Interview/Studio Test||06 & 07 May 2017|
|Date of Publishing rank list with wait list||15 May 2017|
|Last date of remittance of fee||30 May 2017|
|Announcement of vacant seats to wait listed candidates||31 May 2017|
|Date of commencement of classes||31 Jul 2017|
Kerala State Institute of Design has released the Admission Result 2017, Earlier the Design Aptitude Test was Conducted on 19 Feb 2017. List of qualified candidates is also given below for your convenience.
Application Form 2017
Candidates can apply through KSID website (www.ksid.ac.in). Candidates should upload completed application form, one latest passport size photograph and scanned copies of self-attested supporting documents. Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation on successful completion of the application process. While submitting the application, a fee of Rs.750/- shall be paid through a Bank DD.
- Application process is over…!!!
Payment Mode – Those paying application fee through DD should take a DD of Rs.750/- in favour of ‘Kerala State Institute of Design’ payable at Kollam. Candidates should indicate the DD details in their application form and send the DD with a copy of their application acknowledgement to: the Executive Director, Kerala State Institute of Design, Chandanathope, Kollam – 691014 in an envelope marked “admissions 2017” before the last date.
Document to be Uploaded
- Copy of qualifying Degree Certificate
- Certificate of eligibility for reservation candidates and mark list for all semesters
- Consolidated final mark list of degree course
- Copy of SSLC/equivalent certificate mentioning the Date of Birth of applicant
- Copy of DD for Rs. 750/
a. The candidates should have minimum 55% Marks in any Degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized University or Institution
b. Upper age limit is 40 years
c. Candidates who have appeared/are appearing for the final semester examination can also apply, with their last available score aggregates.
d. Any professional experience in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
While admission is based on the test/examination/interview conducted by KSID, the mandatory reservation principle as defined by Government of Kerala and as modified from time to time are applicable.
The break-up of seats at KSID for each course as per mandatory reservation is as follows:
- Open Merit – 6
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – 3
- Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes – 1
For admission to a seat reserved for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Class, copy a certificate from an approved district authority stating the Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class to which the candidate belongs, should be submitted with the application.
In case eligible candidates are not found in any reserved category, the vacant seats will be filled up from open merit list.
Aptitude Test Centres
- Kochi and
The Students are free to opt three examination centres, but if one particular centre needs to be cancelled for reasons beyond our control, the students of that centre will be directed to appear for their entrance examination in the next nearest centre.
- All eligible candidates would be called for a design aptitude test.
- Short listed candidates would be called for a studio test and interview at KSID campus Based on the performance of the candidates in the studio test and interview, the final rank list of the candidates and the waiting list would be published.
- The total number of seats available for each programme is 10.
- While the admission is based on the selection process conducted by KSID, reservation principle as defined by the Government of Kerala and as modified from time to time are applicable. The break-up of seats at KSID for each course as per mandatory reservation is as follows:
- Open Merit – 6 seats
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – 3 seats
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes – 1 seat
- In case eligible candidates are not found in any reserved category, the vacant seats will be filled up from the open merit list
|Tuition Fees per Semester||₹45,000/-|
|Security Deposit (refundable)||₹10,000/-|
Annual Tuition Fee for Overseas Students:
For the students from SAARC countries, African countries, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam: US$ 5,000. For the rest of foreign students other than those mentioned above: US$ 12000.
For more details about Admission – Download Information Brochure.