Kerala State Institute of Design releases the notification for Design Aptitude Test. This exam is held responsible for the admission in KSID. Kerala State Institute of Design provides various courses like Product Design, Textile and Apparel Design and Communication Design. Candidates, who are eligible, have to fill the Application form online from the official website www.ksid.ac.in as per the schedule. Candidates can check the complete details of the Kerala State Institute of Design Admission 2020 like application process, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, and other information through this page below.
Kerala State Institute of Design Admission 2020
Candidates seeking admission in Design courses have to fill the online application as per the scheduled date. All the candidates who fill the Application form can be called for the Aptitude Test. Shortlisted candidates would be called for Studio Test and Interview.
The schedule for the Kerala State Institute of Design Admission 2020 is given below.
|Online application starts from||2nd week of Jan 2020|
|Last date for applying application form along with fees||2nd week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for receiving the duly signed acknowledgement in KSID office||2nd week of Mar 2020|
|Date of Aptitude Test||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Date of publishing the result of the aptitude test||1st week of May 2020|
|Date for studio test & interview||Last week of May 2020|
|Date of publishing the result||Last week of May 2020|
|Date of publishing the 1st allotment||Last week of May 2020|
|Last date for Remittance of fee, certificate verification and completion of admission formalities for the candidates who got first allotment||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Announcement of vacant seat||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Second Allotment, if there is vacant seat||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for remittance of fee, certificate verification and completion of admission formalities for the second allotment||Last week of Jun 2020|
- The candidates should have minimum 55% marks in any degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university or institution
- Upper age limit is 40 years.
- Candidates who have appeared/are appearing for the final semester examination can also apply, with their last available score aggregates.
- Any professional experience in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
While admission is based on the test/examination/interview conducted by KSID, the mandatory reservation principle as defined by Government of Kerala and as modified from time to time are applicable.
The break-up of seats at KSID for each course as per mandatory reservation is as follows:
- Open Merit – 6
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – 3
- Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes – 1
For admission to a seat reserved for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Class, copy a certificate from an approved district authority stating the Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class to which the candidate belongs, should be submitted with the application.
In case eligible candidates are not found in any reserved category, the vacant seats will be filled up from open merit list.
Application Form 2020
Candidates can apply through KSID website (www.ksid.ac.in). Candidates should upload completed application form, one latest passport size photograph and scanned copies of self-attested supporting documents. Candidates will receive an e-mail confirmation on successful completion of the application process. While submitting the application, a fee of Rs.750/- shall be paid through the SB collect option on the link https www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
How to apply
The candidate has to apply through the KSID webpage (www.ksid.ac.in). Detailed instruction will be given on the website. Candidate should fill up the online form along with one latest passport size photograph and scanned copy of all self-attested supporting documents. The application fee of Rs.750 (Rupees Seven hundred and Fifty Only) shall be paid through the SB collect option on the link www.onlinesbi.com/. Application fee should be paid online and details of payment of application fee of Rs.750/- should be given on the form. The link will be open for filling and submitting the application as per the schedule.
Document to be Uploaded
- Copy of qualifying Degree Certificate
- Certificate of eligibility for reservation candidates and mark list for all semesters
- Consolidated final mark list of degree course
- Copy of SSLC/equivalent certificate mentioning the Date of Birth of applicant
CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION
Admission to the course is purely provisional and if any malpractice is detected at any later stage in the mark list or certificate furnished by the candidate, the admission of the candidate will be canceled and he/she will be removed from the rolls of the institution. The Executive Director/Head of the Institution is empowered to cancel any admission if found to illegal, subsequent to the admission.
Kerala State Institute of Design will release the admit card for Design Aptitude Test 2020. Candidates can download their admit card from the official website by providing their username and password as per the scheduled date. Moreover, candidates can also download the admit card through the link that will be provided below after its the release of the same.
Aptitude Test Centres
Below mention Aptitude test centers is from last year for reference purpose only. We will update the latest test center details as examination authority upload.
- Kochi and
The Students are free to opt three examination centers, but if one particular center needs to be canceled for reasons beyond our control, the students of that center will be directed to appear for their entrance examination in the next nearest center.
Kerala State Institute of Design will release the Admission Result 2020 very soon after the success of examination. The result comprises of the list of Qualified Students for Studio Test & Interview- 2019 and list of selected candidates for admission. The link for the result will be provided below. Candidates who will appear in the examination can easily check their results from the official website or from this page. To check the result candidates are requested to click the link.
- All eligible candidates would be called for a design aptitude test.
- Shortlisted candidates would be called for a studio test and interview at KSID campus Based on the performance of the candidates in the studio test and interview, the final rank list of the candidates and the waiting list would be published.
- The total number of seats available for each programme is 10.
- While the admission is based on the selection process conducted by KSID, reservation principle as defined by the Government of Kerala and as modified from time to time are applicable. The break-up of seats at KSID for each course as per mandatory reservation is as follows:
- Open Merit – 6 seats
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – 3 seats
- Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes – 1 seat
- In case eligible candidates are not found in any reserved category, the vacant seats will be filled up from the open merit list.
As per Last Year
|Tuition Fees per Semester||₹45,000/-|
|Hostel Fees per Semester||₹3,000/-|
|Security Deposit (refundable)||₹10,000/-|
Annual Tuition Fee for Overseas Students:
For the students from SAARC countries, African countries, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam: US$ 5,000. For the rest of the foreign students other than those mentioned above: US$ 12000.
REFUND OF FEE
Refund of the fee will be applicable only to students who leave the Institute on cancellation of admission. The amount of fee collected will be refunded to the candidate only after the closing of admission for the year. No interest will be paid to the candidates.
Official Website: www.ksid.ac.in.
For more information about Kerala State Institute of Design Admission 2020 Download Last year’s Information Brochure.