Kumaun University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2020- Kumaun University, Nainital has released the 2nd merit list for Ph.D Admission 2020. It has released online at kunainital.ac.in. Kumaun University, Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) is conducted for admission to the PhD Program. The candidates must read the conditions of eligibility as given in the information brochure. To Know more details about Kumaun University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2020 (RDET) continue reading this article.
Latest: Kumaun University, Nainital has released the 2nd merit list for Ph.D Admission 2020. Scroll down to check it.
Kumaun University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2020 (RDET)
Admission to the PhD programme in each subject shall be made strictly according to RDET merit list against the available seats in the concerned subject in the University campuses and affiliated colleges. Candidates can check the important dates of Research Degree entrance Test 2020 mentioned below:
|Registration Start Date||24 Feb 2020|
|Registration End Date|
30 Sep 2020 up to 11:59 pm
|Release of Admit Card||20 Oct 2020|
|RDET Exam Date|
01 Nov 2020
|Answer Key||01 Nov 2020|
|Objection against answer key||04 Nov 2020|
|Result Declaration (Announced)||03 Dec 2020|
|Ph.D Counselling date for selected candidate’s list (RDET Exempted)||11 – 12 Jan 2021|
|Release of 2nd merit list||18 Feb 2021|
Kumaun University Ph.D 2020 Merit List
Kumaun University, Nainital has released the merit list for Ph.D admission 2020. The direct link to check the same is provided below.
Research Degree Entrance Test Results 2020
Research Degree Entrance Test Result 2020 has been released by Kumaun University on its official website i.e. kuadmission.in. Result has been published in the form of merit list in PDF Format. Those candidates who have cleared according to the Cut-off or qualifying marks can see their result by searching their name and Roll Number in Merit List. Those candidates who have qualified can proceed for further selection process i.e. scrutiny of documents and should prove their eligibility conditions as per official notification.
Kumaun University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2020 (RDET) Answer Key
Kumaun University has released the subject wise answer key at the official website, kuadmission.com. Candidates can also check the answer keys through the direct link is given below.
Check Answer Key: Click here to check the Answer Key for Ph.D Entrance Exam 2020 (RDET).
Kumaun University Ph.D (RDET) 2020 Admit Card Availability Notice
Click here to check the Notice.
Kumaun University Ph.D (RDET) 2020 Revised Exam Date
- Click here to download the revised exam date for RDET 2020.
Kumaun University Ph.D (RDET) 2020 Application Form
Application Form for Research Degree Entrance Test 2020 has been released on the official website.The candidates can be able to fill the form from the website as well as a direct link has been also provided below. Candidates can check their application status by logging with their Registration Number and Date of Birth. For filling Application Form candidates have to go through 3 Stages. Part 1 is the Online Registration Part where the candidates have to fill their personal details and generate Registration ID and Password. For Part 2 candidates have to pay the registration fee of Rs. 2050 and then after 24 hours candidates can go for Part 3 Registration. After filling all the Parts candidates can take a Printout of the Application Form for future reference and verification.
- Click here to fill the application form Kumaun University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2020
- Click here to make user login for Kumaun University Ph.D Entrance Exam 2020
At the time of written RDET test:
Candidates must know about the RDET Application Fee before filling the Application Form. Candidates have paid Rs. 2050/- on account of Exam Fee deposited through SBI Collect Portal previous year.
At the time of Interview/ Presentation:
Candidates will have to pay Rs 250 + Rs 50 portal charges through online mode.
Fee once deposited shall not be refunded in any case.
How to Apply?
By following these steps you can apply online for the Ph.D entrance exam-
Step-1 Visit the official website: kuadmission.com
Step-2 Click on the apply link and you will redirect to the page where you will find the screen as shown below. All you need to do is to fill all the required details and then submit it.
Step-3 After the registration process, you will need to sign in for the further process. You need to pay the fees and at the end download or print the application form for your reference.
Eligibility Criteria for Research Degree Entrance Test 2020
Eligibility Criteria is provided below for the admission into the Research Degree programme for session 2020. Candidates aspiring to participate in the Kumaun University Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET)-2020 must have a Master’s degree of the Kumaun University (hereafter referred to as University) or of any other University incorporated by the law in force and recognized by the UGC; provided also that the candidate fulfills the following criteria:
- Candidate should have secured at least fifty five percent (55%) marks (without rounding off) OR a grade point average equivalent to 55% marks (without rounding off) at the Master’s degree examination. For Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) Candidates, the minimum marks shall be 50% (without rounding off).
- Candidate is a regular teaching faculty member having served the Kumaun University or the affiliated degree colleges of the Kumaun University for a period of minimum of one year in the University or the Colleges/Institutions affiliated to the Kumaun University as per University/State Govt. Rules.
A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to work for the Ph.D. Degree in the subject in which he/she has obtained a Master’s Degree, however, research work leading to Ph.D. Degree may also be allowed in allied subjects in the same or any other Faculty, if the Research Degree Committee (RDC) of the concerned discipline is satisfied and approve that the candidate possesses the requisite qualifications to take up the proposed research work. Allied subject for the above stated purpose must have been approved by the Academic Council of the University.
Research Degree Entrance Test Exam Centre 2020
While Applying Candidates have to select an Exam Center of their Choice. The candidate will be allotted centre of examination in order of the choice opted by them in their application form. Candidates can check the exam centre from below and Apply accordingly to your comfort.
|Centre Name||Centre Code|
|S.S.J. Campus, Almora||011|
|D.S.B. Campus, Nainital||012|
|M.B. Government P.G. College, Haldwani||013|
|L.S.M. Government P.G. College, Pithoragarh||023|
Research Degree Entrance Test Admit Card 2020
Research Degree Entrance Test Admit Card 2020 will release on the official website. Candidates will be able to download the Admit Card till the date of Examination, after that Admit Card downloading portal will be closed. In order to download Admit Card, candidates have to enter the basic details such as registration Number, Date of Birth and Gender. The Admit Card is mandatory for candidates to enter in the prescribed Exam Center.
Seat Matrix and Subjects for Phd Programme in Kumaun University
Research Degree Entrance Test 2020 is conducted for various subjects in admission to Phd Degree Programme in Kumaun University. The total vacancies are 325 and for each subject or programme vacancies are provided for admission into Phd Programme. We have listed each subject with their seats available for admission previous year for reference into Kumaun University.
|S.No||Subject||Subject Code||Seats available|
|9||Drawing and Painting||09||04|
|20||Forestry and Environmental Science||20||06|
Admission Procedure for Phd Admission in Kumaun University
Here we have explained the process of Phd Admission in Kumaun university. Candidates should follow the below mentioned steps for Registering into the Phd degree Program:
1. Through Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) and Interview
- To test the research aptitude of the candidate in related subject a written examination of 100 marks is conducted by the University. The total duration of this examination shall be of 02 hrs.
- Paper shall contain 100 objectives/multiple-choice type questions and each question shall carry one mark with no negative marking.
- No scrutiny/revaluation of the answer sheet of the written test shall be conducted.
- For the candidates who will qualify the written exam the final merit will be prepared as from 70% of the marks obtained in written entrance exam in adition of 30% of the marks obtained in Interview.
- The Qualifying Percentage of Marks in the Entrance Examination will be :- General-50%, OBC-45% and SC/ST/VH/PH – 40%.
- Admission to the PhD programme in each subject shall be made strictly according to RDET merit list against the available seats in the concerned subject in the University campuses and affiliated colleges. Mere qualifying the RDET does not mean any confirmation or claim for getting admission in PhD programme of respective subject. Therefore, it should be noted that the allotment of PhD seat in respective subject shall be made strictly according to RDET merit list only.
- Reservation Policy of the State of Uttarakhand shall be followed for RDET candidates. The reservation shall be applicable to those who have domicile and reservation certificate of Uttarakhand state only. Reservation certificate of other states are not considered.
2. Through Direct Admission ( Without Appearing in RDET)
- A candidate who has qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF or equivalent national test shall be considered for direct admission to the PhD programme without appearing in Research Degree Entrance Test (RDET) but shall have to apply by filling the online form of PhD entrance examination along with fees- within due date.
- A regularly appointed permanent teacher having served the Kumaun University or affiliated college for a period of minimum of one year as a regular teacher as per University/State Government rules shall also be exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test but are also required to apply and pay the Application Fee.
- Reservation Policy of the State of Uttarakhand shall be followed for RDET-Exempted candidates. The reservation shall be applicable to those who have domicile and reservation certificate of Uttarakhand state only. Reservation certificate of other states are not considered.
General Instructions for Research Degree Entrance Test 2020
Before filling the Application Form and Applying Online candidates should read these instructions carefully as it will help the candidates in easy filling of Application Form and it will reduce the time for filling the Application Form.
- The candidates must read the conditions of eligibility as given above carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the Ph.D. Entrance Test before filling the application form.
- Candidates will be issued the Admission Card with Roll Number and Examination Centre online by the Kumaun University only after the date of submission of application form is over. Candidates should note that their candidature is strictly provisional. The mere fact that Admission Card has been issued to any candidate shall not imply that the Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy Cell has finally accepted his/her candidature.
- The university may change the centres or date of examination without assigning any reason.
- Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification. Incomplete Application Forms will be rejected.
- Applications submitted on any other format/mode will not be accepted.
- The use of calculators or Log Tables is not permitted. Mobile phones, pagers and electronic devices etc. are not allowed in the Examination Hall/Room.
- Candidates should ensure that the signatures appended and duly signed photograph uploaded/ pasted by them in all the places, viz. in their Application Form and OMR sheet, be identical and there should be no variation of any kind.
- It is mandatory for candidates having regular employment in various states and central government institutions and private organizations to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their respective employer during the time of counselling.
- Ph. D. is a regular degree course therefore it is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that they are not pursuing two simultaneous degree courses at the same time. University reserves all right to cancel admission to such candidates without any prior notice.
- The university reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of seats at the time of Counselling
Official website: kuadmission.com
To know more about Research Degree Entrance Test 2020 – Download the Information Brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions
1- Is there any Negative Marking in Research Degree Entrance Test 2020 ?
Ans- There will be no penalty for wrong Answers.
2- From where can I Check my Result?
Ans- You can visit official website i.e. kuadmission.in or click on the link provided above in Results section for checking your Result.
3- What is the qualifying marks for Research Degree Entrance Test-2020?
Ans- The Qualifying Percentage of Marks in the Entrance Examination is as follows- General-50%, OBC-45% and SC/ST/VH/PH – 40%.
4- Is there any sectional cut-off in RDET-2020?
Ans- No, there is no sectional cut-off in RDET 2020.
5- I have qualified UGC-CSIR-JRF. Do I have to give RDET 2020 for taking admission in Kumaun University?
Ans- No, you don’t have to appear for RDET 2020 but you have to fill in the Application Form and pay the fee for taking admission in Kumaun University.
6- How much Application Fee I have to Pay for giving RDET 2020?
Ans- You have to pay Rs. 2050/- for applying into RDET 2020.
7- Is this Phd Programme a Distance Learning Programme or Regular Course?
Ans- Kumaun University Phd Programmes are Regular Course Programme.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.