Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (KVAFSU) PG Admission 2019 – University has released the notification for the admission into the Master and Doctoral Degree programmes at constituent colleges of the KVAFS University for the Academic year 2019-20. Counselling for admission is done on the basis of merit in the entrance exam. Candidates can check the complete information of KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 application process, eligibility criteria, and other information through this page below.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019
Candidates seeking admission into Master and Doctoral Degree courses have to appear for a written test compulsorily in the concerned group for Master degree & concerned subject for Doctoral degree on the date and place mentioned below.
|Availability of Application Form||16 Aug 2019|
|Last date for filling up online applications||30 Sep 2019|
|Computerization of Data||01 Oct 2019|
|scrutiny of applications by the local Committee||04 Oct 2019|
|Verification of scrutinized applications by the PG Admission Committee||14 Oct 2019|
|Collection of Hall Ticket at KVAFSU, Head Quarter, Bidar||To be announced!|
|Written Test at KVAFSU, Bidar Campus||15 Oct 2019|
|Evaluation of OMR Sheet & preparing of merit list||16 Oct 2019|
|Uploading merit list on University Website||16 Oct 2019|
|First counselling cum admission at Bidar Campus for Master Programme||17 Oct 2019|
|First counselling cum admission at Bidar Campus for Ph.D Programme.||18 Oct 2019|
|Announcement of list of selected candidate for Master & Ph.D Programme||19 Oct 2019|
|Commencement of the First Semester 2019-20||04 Nov 2019|
|Final counselling cum admission for vacant seats at Bidar campus||11 Nov 2019|
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Counselling
On the basis of the merit list candidates will be called for the counseling process. In this process candidates have to provide documents for verification purposes. It is mandatory for the selected candidates to carry all the necessary documents with them at the counseling time. Selected candidates have to pay the admission fee at the time of counselling. In case if the selected candidates didn’t appear at the counseling place then they automatically forfeit their claim for the admission.
- Click here to check the Vacancy list of postgraduate and doctoral degree programs for second and final round counseling.
- Click here to check the counseling notice for PG Admission.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Result
(KVAFSU) has published the Merit list of various Master and Doctoral Degree courses. You can check the result by clicking on the direct link which is provided here on this page, All the results are also available on the official site of (KVAFSU). The selection of the candidates for various Master and Doctoral Degree courses is based on the merit list.
|PG Entrance Result||Links|
|Animal Science 1st Option||Click Here|
|Animal Science 2nd Option||Click Here|
|Fisheries Science||Click Here|
|Veterinary Science 1st Option||Click Here|
|Veterinary Science 2nd Option||Click Here|
|Dairy Science||Click Here|
|Other State||Click Here|
Ph.D Entrance Result: Click here to check the Result of Ph.D Entrance Test.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Application Form
The application form for Master and Doctoral Degree courses can be downloaded from the University website: www.kvafsu.kar.nic.in or from the direct link provided below. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before filling the Application form.
Application process is over now…!
|For General/OBC||Rs. 800/-||charges applicable|
|For SC/ST/Category-1||Rs. 400/-||charges applicable|
Simple steps to apply online application steps to apply online
- Download the information bulletin and read it carefully.
- Download sample application
- Fill the online application form.
- Upload photo, signature and left-hand thumb impression & self-declaration.
- Candidates can pay fees through e-payment only.
- Print the final application
Uploading the scanned copies of the candidate’s photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, and self-declaration.
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s photo, signature, and candidates left-hand thumb impression.
- All the scanned copies of images should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
- All the scanned copies of images size should not be more than 40KB.
- Photo image dimension should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm only.
- Signature and left-hand thumb impression image dimension should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm only.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Eligibility Criteria
For Masters Programme
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned discipline with a minimum OGPA of 6.00/10.00 from a recognized University. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/ Cat-I, a minimum OGPA of 5.50/10.00 is adequate.
- Candidate should produce character & conduct certificate issued by the Dean’s of the respective college.
- Outside state students are considered on merit if the seats are fallen vacant after the seat allocation to Karnataka state students.
For Doctoral Programme
- Master’s Degree in respective SUBJECT / allied subjects.
- OGPA of 6.50/10.00 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for general category and 6.00/10.00 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for SC/ST/Caste-I/ candidates at Master’s degree level.
- The candidates who have studied under the Trimester system and seeking admission for Ph.D. programmes are required to compulsorily submit the equivalent percentage certificate (Master’s degree) obtained from their respective Universities/Institutions.
- Domicile requirement is not applicable for candidates of other states seeking admission to Ph.D. programmes.
- Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. degree programme shall apply for only one subject, and are required to appear for the written entrance examination of 100 marks in the concerned subject and secure a minimum of 50 percent of marks ( 35 per cent in case of SC/ST & Cat-I ) to qualify.
- Those candidates who do not secure minimum qualifying marks will become ineligible for admission, including in-service candidates.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Admit Card
The Admit card for KVAFSU PG Admission will be available at the official website of the University. Candidates can download the admit card and take the hard copy and carry along with the day entrance examination. It is an essential document for entry into the examination hall, without admit card candidates will be not permitted to participate in the exam. Must carry the admit card on the day of examination and safe keep for future reference. The direct link will be provided to get the KVAFSU Admit card 2019.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Entrance Test
Entrance Examination will be conducted for a Master’s degree in Animal Science, Fisheries & Dairy and Veterinary Science. Entrance Examination will be conducted for the Doctoral degree programme. The Entrance Examination will be conducted at Veterinary College, Nandinagar Campus, KVAFSU, Bidar – 585 401
No separate intimation will be sent to candidates regarding the date/time of Entrance Examination.
Mode of Admission for PG Degree Programmes is Given below.
|Aggregate in weightage in Bachelor degree||50.0|
|ICAR/ CSIR-SFR /JRF exam qualified candidates||2.0|
|Distinction- University Medals/ Sports and Cultural activities||5.0|
|Physical Handicapped/ Anglo-Indians/Scouts & Guides/ Children Ex-servicemen/ Defence personnel||3.0|
- Candidates securing less than 50% of total marks as calculated above shall not be called for counseling, while SC/ST/Cat-I candidates securing less than 35% marks shall not be called for counseling.
- Candidates who have secured grades in 4 point scale shall submit a copy of the certificate of equivalent percentage.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Admission Procedure
Students shall be admitted to the University in accordance with the Regulations issued by the Board of Management. Any modification to the Regulations shall be made by the Vice Chancellor with the approval of the Board of Management in accordance with the rules of the Government that are in force and that may be issued from time to time by the Government in this regard. The number of students to be admitted will be decided by the Board of Management on the recommendations of the Academic Council.
KVAFSU PG Admission 2019 Seat Intake
Candidates can check the seat intake for KVAFSU PG Admission from below,
|Name of Department||M V Sc.||Ph.D|
|Veterinary Science (Group A)|
|Veterinary Anatomy & Histology||2||–||2||–||1||–||–||–|
|Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology||2||–||3||2||2||–||–||–|
|Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics||5||2||–||–||–||1||–||–|
|Veterinary Surgery & Radiology||3||4||–||1||2||–||–|
|VPH & Epidemiology||–||–||2||–||–||–||–|
|Animal Science (Group B)|
|Animal Genetic & Breeding||4||–||3||2||–||–||–||–|
|Livestock Production & Management||4||2||–||3||1||–||–|
|Livestock Product Technology||2||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Veterinary & A.H. Extension||4||–||2||–||–||–||–||–|
|Dairy Science and College, Bangalore|
Dairy Science (Group- C)
|Name of Department||M.Tech||Ph.D.|
|College of Fisheries, Mangalore|
Fisheries Science (Group- D)
|Name of Department||M.F.Sc.||Ph.D.|
|Aquatic Animal Health Management||4||1|
|Fisheries Resources & Management||9||3|
|Aquatic Environment Management||6||2|
|Fish Processing Technology||3||2|
|Fisheries Engineering Technology||3||–|
Official Website: www.kvafsu.edu.in