Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU) offer admission to M.Tech Programme in Dairy Technology, Dairy Microbiology and Dairy Chemistry for the academic session 2018-19. The admission of the candidate will be decided on the basis of a written test and the interview conducted by the University. All the eligible students will get the scholarship under KVASU Scholarship, amounting to Rs.4000/- per month. Candidates who have ensured their eligibility can apply for the exam. This article includes detailed information regarding the admission process of KVASU M.Tech Programme.
KVASU M.Tech Admission 2018
KVASU M.Tech Admission 2018 has released the Application Form online on the official website. Before applying for the same, candidates must check the eligibility and the important schedule of the Entrance Exam given below for the M.Tech programme.
|Receipt of online Application begins||25 Jun 2018|
|Last date of receipt of Online-Application||25 Jul 2018|
|Last date of receipt of Hard copy of Application||31 Jul 2018|
|Memo for entrance examination||06 Aug to 10 Aug 2018|
|Entrance examination||14 Aug 2018|
|Publishing the list of Qualified candidates for interview||14 Aug 2018|
|Interview||17 Aug and 18 Aug 2018|
|Publishing rank list||20 Aug 2018|
|Counseling at Head Quarters||10 Sept 2018|
|Registration||11 Sep 2018|
|Classes begin||12 Sep 2018|
All candidates, seeking admission for M.Tech. should submit their applications online. Candidate can fill the online application form available in below link or the University websites www.kvasu.ac.in.
Apply online: Click here to fill the KVASU M.Tech 2018 Application Form.
Candidate should fill the online application form available in University website www.kvasu.ac.in, uploading his/her passport size color photograph (150WX200H pixels) and signature (250WX90H pixels). The size of photograph and signature shall not exceed 30 kb. Thereafter the candidate should make the remittance of the application fee in any methods as furnished below.
Making payment through Demand Draft
Submit the application filling the details in application form. Before filling the application, Demand Draft in favor of Finance Officer, Kerala Veterinary, and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Wayanad payable at State Bank of India, Kalpetta for Rs. 1000/- for those belonging to General category and Rs. 500 for SC/ST category(Native of Kerala origin) being the application fees has to be taken from any nationalized bank. The details of Demand draft should be entered in the application form.
Through credit card/debit card/Internet banking:-
- Remit the fee at the time of submission of the application form through online payment mode using credit card/debit card/Internet banking. Candidates belonging to General Category should remit Rs.1020/- as the application fee and bank processing charges those belonging to SC/ST (Native of Kerala origin) should remit Rs. 520/-
- After remitting application fee, candidate should take the print out of the online application submitted using user ID and password and send the same after affixing signature of the applicant in the space provided with the following enclosures to the ‘The Director (Academics & Research), Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad, Kerala, Pin 673576’.
Document to be enclosed with the application
- Copy of the receipt if paid through Online or Demand draft if the payment of the application fee is made by Demand Draft. Name and address of the candidate and course for which applied must be entered on the back side of the Demand Draft. A Xerox copy of the same shall be retained by the candidate.
- Community Certificate obtained from a Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Village Officer in the case of SC/ST candidates (Native of Kerala origin)
- A ‘Non-Objection Certificate’ and experience certificate obtained from the controlling officer concerned in the case of in-service candidates.
- Attested copies of certificates in proof of age, qualifications, mark list of the qualifying examination, experience, sports activities.
- Attested copy of nativity certificate in the case of candidates from states other than Kerala
- Attested copies of the certificates with regard to extra-curricular activities
- Attested copies of Experience certificate, if any
- Attested copy of certificates in support of any other reservation/claims made in the application.
- The application will be received only through online. Hardcopy of the application after affixing signature in the space provided should be sent to the Director (Academics & Research), Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad, Kerala, Pin 673576’.
- Hardcopy of the application shall be enclosed with the Demand draft if the payment of application fee is made through DD.
- Attested copies of SSLC certificate, Degree Certificate, and Mark list, Caste/Community certificate if seeking communal reservation.
- A separate application is to be submitted if the candidate wants to apply for more than one course.
B.Tech (Dairy Science and Technology) or B.Tech. (Dairy Technology) (Students waiting for the result can also apply).
Duration: Two Year (Four Semesters)
No. of seats: 2(Dairy Technology), 2(Dairy Chemistry), 2(Dairy Microbiology)
Campus: College of Dairy Science and Technology, Mannuthy, Thrissur
The candidate should download the admit card/memo from University website on August 6, 2018, to August 10, 2018. The University will not send admit card to any candidates by post. Entrance examination of one-hour duration consists of multiple choice questions. Candidates will be considered for admission only if they secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance examination. The minimum is 30% for SC/ST candidates.
Entrance examination will be conducted at the College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy, Thrissur. Use of mobile phones in the examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
Candidates will be required to attend (at their own expense) the entrance test at the place and time to be notified. Candidates reporting after the commencement of the examination will not be permitted to write the examination. Similarly, candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall in the middle of the examination.
The originals of all certificates and documents should be produced at the time of admission. Those who do not produce the original documents at the time of admission shall forfeit their seat and the seats will be filled from the waiting list or in any other manner deemed fit by the University.
Rank list of candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech programme of the University based on the written test and thereafter, the interview will be conducted on August 17 and 18, 2018. Candidates are directed to attend the admission process on the date, time and venue notified below in the list.
Selection will be from the rank list prepared by the University on the basis of the performance in the Entrance Test and Interview conducted by Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University.
The result of entrance examination and the final rank list will be published on University website on the dates as scheduled. No separate intimation letter will be sent to the qualified candidates.
The list candidates selected for admission and the dates on which they have to report to join the course will be published in the KVASU website. www.kvasu.ac.in. and also available for reference at the University Headquarters, Pookode, Wayanad. Candidates selected will be admitted to the course, provided they pay the prescribed fees in full on the due dates fixed.
In the case of those candidates selected for admission who have not paid the fees in time and not joined the course on the date fixed, their claims for admission will be canceled without notice and the seat thus becoming vacant will be filled up with eligible candidates, if any, from the rank/ waiting list.
Candidates in Government service/University service are expected to make their own arrangements to get relieved from their posts in time.
Candidates should produce the original certificates in proof of age, qualifications, TC, Conduct certificate, medical fitness certificate obtained from any Medical Officer, not below the rank of Civil Surgeon.
Candidates who secured their degrees from Universities outside Kerala state should produce Migration Certificate from the respective University.
A student admitted to the post-graduate programme shall pay all fees as stipulated by the University and report in person to the Head of the Institution on the date of registration. The Head of the Institution will direct them to the Head of Department concerned. In absentia registration is not allowed.
If the student admitted to the programme finds it difficult to register in the first semester on the due date prescribed, he/she may request in writing for the extension of joining time to the Head of the Institution through the Head of Department on or before the last date of registration. Such cases may be sanctioned by the Head of Institution and reported to the Director (Acad. and Res.). The extension of joining time (which will not be counted towards the minimum time limit) shall not go beyond one semester under any circumstances.
The candidate who avail the benefit of temporary discontinuance/extension for joining time during the first semester after admission and temporary discontinuation in the second semester shall be permitted to register in the subsequent semester. A special caution deposit of Rs. 25000/ will be charged at the time of granting an extension of joining time/discontinuance which will be returned to the student on rejoining the course. For SC/ST students the special caution deposit will be Rs. 10,000/-.
A candidate who discontinues the programme permanently has to remit the actual amount spent by the KVASU, for the student as liquidation damage subject to a minimum of Rs. One lakh. The chairperson of the advisory committee shall work out the amount and intimate the same to the Head of the Institution. If the amount so worked out exceeds Rs. One lakh, the excess amount shall also be remitted. If the discontinuation is in pursuit of a higher career opportunity and an overall public interest, the Vice Chancellor of KVASU is competent to waive the damages on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Official Website: www.kvasu.ac.in.
For More Information Refer to the Information Brochure, Click here to download information brochure.