|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU) has issued a notification for the Admission in M.V.Sc. Programmes for the academic year 2017-18. Interested candidates can check all the details KVASU M.V.Sc Admission 2017 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc. from this page given below.
Latest – Rank List for KVASU M.V.Sc Admission has been issued, Kindly check it through the link below.
M.V.Sc. Programmes in the Academic year 2017-18 are offered in the following two constituent colleges of the University:
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy, Thrissur – 680651
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode, Wayanad – 673576
KVASU M.V.Sc Admission 2017
The duration of the programme is two years. The admission to M.V.Sc. course is through an entrance examination conducted by the University. A few seats are earmarked for ICAR candidates who qualify entrance examination conducted by ICAR and advised to the KVASU. Moreover, seats are available in specific departments for candidates sponsored by Animal Husbandry Department (AHD), Government of Kerala and Central Government, and in resident positions.
Schedule of KVASU M.V.Sc Admission 2017 is given below.
|Receipt of online Application begins||01 Jun 2017|
|Last date of receipt of Online-Application||24 Jul 2017|
|Last date of receipt of Hard copy of Application||31 Jul 2017|
|Date of Downloading Hall Ticket from website||10 Aug 2017|
|Entrance examination||16 Aug 2017|
|Publishing the list of Qualified candidates for interview||16 Aug 2017|
|Interview||17 Aug – 18 Aug 2017|
|Publishing rank list||23 Aug 2017|
|Counselling at KVASU Headquarters, Pookode||29 Aug 2017|
|Registration||18 Sep 2017|
|Classes begin||19 Sep 2017|
Rank list of candidates eligible for admission to MVSc Programmes of the University based on
the written test and interview conducted on 16th to 18th of August 2017 is notified below. Candidates are
directed to attend the admission process on the date, time and venue notified below.
All candidates, seeking admission for MVSc. should submit their applications on-line. Candidate can fill the online application form available in below link or the University websites www.kvasu.ac.in.
- Application process is over now..!!
Candidate should fill the online application form available in University website www.kvasu.ac.in, uploading his/her passport size color photograph (150WX200H pixels) and signature (250WX90H pixels). The size of photograph and signature shall not exceed 30 kb. Thereafter the candidate should make the remittance of the application fee by any of the methods as furnished below.
- Making payment through Demand Draft – Submit the application filling the details in application form. Before filling the application, Demand Draft in favour of Finance Officer, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Wayanad payable at State Bank of India, Kalpetta for Rs. 1000/- for those belonging to General category and Rs. 500 for SC/ST category being the application fees has to be taken from any nationalized bank. The details of Demand draft should be entered in the application form.
- Through credit card/debit card/Internet banking – Remit the fee at the time of submission of the application form through online payment mode using credit card/debit card/Internet banking. Candidates belonging to General Category should remit Rs.1020/- as the application fee and bank processing charges those belonging to SC/ST (Native of Kerala origin) should remit Rs. 520/-.
After remitting application fee, candidate should take the print out of the online application submitted using user ID and password and send the same after affixing signature of the applicant in the space provided with the following enclosures to the ‘The Director (Academics & Research), Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad, Kerala, Pin 673576’.
Document to be enclosed with the application
- Copy of the receipt if paid through Online or Demand draft if the payment of the application fee is made by Demand Draft. Name and complete address with district, of the candidate and course for which applied must be entered on the back side of the Demand Draft. A Xerox copy of the same shall be retained by the candidate
- Community Certificate obtained from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Village Officer in the case of SC/ST candidates (Native of Kerala origin)
- A ‘Non Objection Certificate’ and experience certificate obtained from the controlling officer concerned in the case of in-service candidates.
- Attested copies of certificates in proof of age, qualifications, mark list of qualifying examination, experience, sports activities.
- Attested copy of nativity certificate in the case of candidates from states other than Kerala
- Attested copies of the certificates with regard to extra-curricular activities
- Attested copies of Experience certificate, if any
- Attested copy of certificates in support of any other reservation/claims made in the application.
Incomplete applications and the application not enclosed with requisite documents will be summarily rejected. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Point to be noted
- Application will be received only through online. Hardcopy of the application after affixing signature in the space provided should be sent to the Director (Academics & Research), Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad, Kerala, Pin 673576’.
- Hardcopy of the application shall be enclosed with Demand Draft with details on the back side, if the payment of application fee is made through demand draft.
- Attested copies of the certificates
Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences recognized by the University with an OGPA of 6.0/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of 50% marks in traditional system. For SC/ST candidates the OGPA shall be 5.5/10 or equivalent. Maximum age limit shall be 40 years for General category and 45 years for SC/ST category. Students awaiting results can also apply. They should produce attested copy of the final mark list on or before 17.08.2017.
As a part of selection procedure there will be a separate entrance examination and interview. Entrance examination will be of one hour duration consisting of multiple choice questions.
Selection shall be done on the basis of score in the entrance exam, experience, interview and the extracurricular activities of the candidate.
Candidates will be considered for admission only if they secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance examination. The minimum is 30% for SC/ST candidates.
10% of the total intake capacity will be reserved for SC/ST. Fractions of half or more than half in the actual working out of the percentage will be rounded off to one. List of communities to be considered under SC/ST will be as per the list approved by the Government of Kerala.
Test and Interview
The candidate can download the admit card from University website from 07.08.2017 to 10.08.2017. The University will not send admit card to any candidate by post.
Entrance examination and Interview will be conducted at College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy, Thrissur, Kerala or suitable venue notified by the University.
It may be noted that Admit card shall be issued for all the candidates who have applied for. On detailed scrutiny, the applications with discrepancies or not satisfying the criteria, if any found, shall be rejected. The issue of hall ticket for appearing in the examination will not, in any way, entitle for any claim for the selection even if he/she passes the qualifying entrance examination or has been called/appeared for interview. If it is found that the candidates are not fulfilling any of the essential eligibility, the candidature will be cancelled at any stage of selection process and no appeal against such cancellation will be entertained.
Candidates will be required to attend (at their own expense) the test and interview at the place and time to be notified. Candidates coming after commencement of the examination will not be permitted to write the examination. Similarly candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall in the middle of the examination. Use of mobile phones in the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
The originals of all certificates and documents should be produced at the time of the interview and at the time of admission. Those who do not produce the original documents at the time of admission/interview, shall forfeit their seat and the seats will be filled from the waiting list or in any other manner deemed fit by the University.
The result of entrance examination and the final rank list will be published in University website on the dates as scheduled. No separate intimation letter will be sent to the qualified candidates.
Candidates selected will be admitted to the course, provided they pay the prescribed fees in full on the due dates fixed. Candidate can select the discipline based on the rank of the candidate and communal reservation rules existing at the time admission. Candidates opted residency programme while filling the application form will be considered for Residency programme at the time of counselling.
In the case of those candidates selected for admission who have not paid the fees in time and not joined the course on the date fixed, their claims for admission will be cancelled without notice and the seat thus becoming vacant will be filled up with eligible candidates, if any, from the rank/ waiting list.
Candidates in Government service/University service are expected to make their own arrangements to get relieved from their posts in time.
Candidates should produce the original certificates as proof of age, qualifications, Transfer Certificate, Conduct certificate and medical fitness certificate obtained from any Medical Officer not below the rank of Civil Surgeon.
Candidates who have secured their degrees from Universities outside Kerala state should produce Migration Certificate from the respective University.
Candidates who discontinue the programme permanently has to remit the actual amount spent by the KVASU, for the student as liquidation damage subject to a minimum of Rs. One lakh. The chairperson of the advisory committee shall work out the amount and intimate the same to the Head of the Institution. If the amount so worked out exceeds Rs. One lakh, the excess amount shall also be remitted. If the discontinuation is in pursuit of a higher career opportunity and in overall public interest, the Vice Chancellor of KVASU is competent to waive the damages on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
For More Information Refer to the Information Brochure, Click here to download information brochure.