Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU) has released the Application Form for the Admission in M.V.Sc. Programmes for the academic year 2020-21. Interested candidates can check all the details KVASU M.V.Sc Admission 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, etc. from this page given below.
KVASU M.V.Sc Admission 2020
The duration of the programme is two years. The admission to M.V.Sc. course is through an entrance examination conducted by the University. A few seats are earmarked for ICAR candidates who qualify entrance examination conducted by ICAR and advised to the KVASU. Moreover, seats are available in specific departments for candidates sponsored by Animal Husbandry Department (AHD), Government of Kerala and Central Government, and in resident positions.
|Last Date of Online Application||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Last Date of receiving Hardcopy||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Memo for Entrance examination||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Entrance examination||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Publishing the result of Entrance examination(Rank list )||2nd week of Sep 2020|
|Interview||2nd week of Sep 2020|
|Counselling at Head Quarters||2nd week of Sep 2020|
Eligibility of the MVSc Programme is Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences recognized by the University with an OGPA of 6.0/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of 50% marks in traditional system. For SC/ST candidates the OGPA shall be 5.5/10 or equivalent
All candidates, seeking admission for MVSc. should submit their applications on-line. Candidate can fill the online application form available in below link or the University websites www.kvasu.ac.in.
How To Apply
Candidate should fill the online application form available in University website www.kvasu.ac.in, uploading his/her passport size color photograph (150WX200H pixels) and signature (250WX90H pixels). The size of photograph and signature shall not exceed 30 kb. Thereafter the candidate should make the remittance of the application fee by any of the methods as furnished below.
- Making payment through Demand Draft – Submit the application filling the details in application form. Before filling the application, Demand Draft in favour of Finance Officer, Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Wayanad payable at State Bank of India, Kalpetta for Rs. 1000/- for those belonging to General category and Rs. 500 for SC/ST category being the application fees has to be taken from any nationalized bank. The details of Demand draft should be entered in the application form.
- Through credit card/debit card/Internet banking – Remit the fee at the time of submission of the application form through online payment mode using credit card/debit card/Internet banking. Candidates belonging to General Category should remit Rs.1020/- as the application fee and bank processing charges those belonging to SC/ST (Native of Kerala origin) should remit Rs. 520/-.
After remitting application fee, candidate should take the print out of the online application submitted using user ID and password and send the same after affixing signature of the applicant in the space provided with the following enclosures to the ‘The Director (Academics & Research), Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Lakkidi P.O, Wayanad, Kerala, Pin 673576’.
Document to be enclosed with the application
- Copy of the receipt if paid through Online or Demand draft if the payment of the application fee is made by Demand Draft. Name and complete address with district, of the candidate and course for which applied must be entered on the back side of the Demand Draft. A Xerox copy of the same shall be retained by the candidate
- Community Certificate obtained from a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Village Officer in the case of SC/ST candidates (Native of Kerala origin)
- A ‘Non Objection Certificate’ and experience certificate obtained from the controlling officer concerned in the case of in-service candidates.
- Attested copies of certificates in proof of age, qualifications, mark list of qualifying examination, experience, sports activities.
- Attested copy of nativity certificate in the case of candidates from states other than Kerala
- Attested copies of the certificates with regard to extra-curricular activities
- Attested copies of Experience certificate, if any
- Attested copy of certificates in support of any other reservation/claims made in the application.
Incomplete applications and the application not enclosed with requisite documents will be summarily rejected. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
As a part of selection procedure there will be a separate entrance examination and interview. Entrance examination will be of one hour duration consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Selection shall be done on the basis of score in the entrance exam, experience, interview and the extracurricular activities of the candidate.
Candidates will be considered for admission only if they secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance examination. The minimum is 30% for SC/ST candidates.
10% of the total intake capacity will be reserved for SC/ST. Fractions of half or more than half in the actual working out of the percentage will be rounded off to one. List of communities to be considered under SC/ST will be as per the list approved by the Government of Kerala.
The result of entrance examination and the final rank list has been published on University website. No separate intimation letter will be sent to the qualified candidates. Result List is based on the written test and interview. The rank list along with the notice has been provided below
Test and Interview
- The candidate should download the admit card/memo from University website. The University will not send admit card to any candidates by post. Entrance examination of one hour duration consists of multiple choice questions. Candidates will be considered for admission only if they secure a minimum of 40% marks in the entrance examination.
- The minimum is 30% for SC/ST candidates. Entrance examination will be conducted at the College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy, Thrissur (For BSc (PPBM) and Diploma programmes College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode is also a centre for Entrance examination). Use of mobile phones in the examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
- Candidates will be required to attend (at their own expense) the entrance test and Interview at
the place and time to be notified. Candidates reporting after commencement of the examination will not be permitted to write the examination. Similarly candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall in the middle of the examination.
For More Information Refer to the Information Brochure, Click here to download information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.