Lady Irwin College Courses Offered various courses. Here you can get information on courses offered and number of seats. Admission details are given here for various UG / PG and Doctoral Programmes.
Application Form 2017
Application Forms for B.Ed / B.Ed Special Education (Mental Retardation) courses 2017 – 2018 are available with Delhi University Application Form. Click Here for DU Application Form 2017 for all courses. Application Forms should be filled as per the DU Admission Schedule give online.
Schedule of Lady Irwin B.Ed Entrance Test 2017
|Course||Date of Entrance Test|
|B.Ed.||01 Jul 2017 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m|
|B.Ed. MR||To be announced|
Application form was available on DU PG Admission portal.
- Application process is over now…!!!
How To Apply
An applicant should go through the following steps:
1. Visit the Delhi University PG admission Portal http://admission.du.ac.in/pg2017
2. Go through the Prospectus available at http//cie.du.ac.in carefully.
3. Check your Eligibility according to the Eligibility criteria given in the prospectus.
4. For online application, fill the Admission Form available on DU PG Admissions Portal link
5. Please follow the step by step instructions given on the PG Admissions portal carefully while filling the online form.
6. Please select the teaching subject (only one) carefully.
7. Please select the place of examination carefully.
8. NO CHANGES IN THE FORM ARE ALLOWED ONCE THE PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE.
9. After the payment is made, take a print of the form and bring it at on the day of admission at the allocated institution.
Eligibility Criteria for For B.Ed. Programme
Category-I: Candidates with at least 50% marks in aggregate either in Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Science /Humanities/ Commerce or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the programme.
Category-II:Candidates with at least 55% marks in aggregate in Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology and specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for admission to the programme.
Eligibility For Choosing The Teaching Subject
The candidate will have to choose only one teaching subject (within a subject category) which she/he must have studied in the qualifying degree i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% marks in this subject. The subject chosen by the candidate from the subject category (Table 1) will be considered as the teaching subject and will remain to be the same throughout the B.Ed. programme. This teaching subject chosen by the candidate will be considered final for preparing merit list and allocation of institutions. Request for change in teaching subject will not be entertained under any circumstances for allocation of institutions and seats.
Eligibility Criteria for For B.Ed (SE) Programme
Candidates with at least 50% either in Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Science/Social Science/Humanities/Commerce, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme
Eligibility For Choosing The Teaching Subject
The candidate will have to choose only one subject (within a subject category) from Table 1 which she must have studied in the qualifying degree i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% in this subject. This subject will henceforth be referred to as the teaching subject in the B.Ed. programme. Candidates are advised to carefully study Table 1, showing the subjects offered in the various subject categories
Relaxations and Concessions
- The minimum eligibility requirement for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates will be that they must have passed the qualifying school/degree examination. Provided that the minimum eligibility for admission to post‐graduate courses be the minimum pass marks of the qualifying examination concerned of the University of Delhi. In the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates who had passed the last qualifying examination from other Universities, they should have secured at least the same percentage of pass marks at the qualifying examination as prescribed for the equivalent examination of University of Delhi for purposes of admission to the post-graduate course of this University.
Other Backward Classes (OBC), Children/Widows/Wives of Armed Personnel, including ParaMilitary Personnel, killed/disabled in Action (CW), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category candidates will be allowed a concession of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirements of the programme and the teaching subject as per University of Delhi norms.
(a) Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes Reservation of seats shall be in the following manner:
Scheduled Caste = 15% of total intake in the course
Scheduled Tribe = 7.5% of total intake in the course
Other Backward Classes = 27% of total intake in the course
(Remaining seats will be open for all.)
The seats reserved for the SC/ST shall be filled by the SC/ST candidates only. However, in the case of non‐availability of the eligible candidates the reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC & ST. If still any seat remains unfilled, the same shall be left vacant. The seats reserved for the OBCs shall be filled with the OBC candidates only. Only if OBC candidates possessing the minimum eligibility marks are not available in the OBC category then the vacant OBC seats shall be converted into unreserved category seats in accordance with the admission schedule notified by the University.
(b) Supernumerary Seats:
(i) Persons with Disabilities (PwD)=5% of the total seats in the course.
Seats will be offered and equally distributed amongst candidates with low vision or blindness, hearing impaired and loco-motor disability or cerebral palsy including dyslexia*(in order of merit).
B.Ed (SE) Programme – There are total 30 seats
On the basis of their performance in the entrance test, depending on their rank in the merit list of their respective category candidates will be required to contact admission at Lady Irwin College. The general merit list will comprise of candidates of all categories in the order of merit. No one will be excluded from the same. In other words, it will also include SC/ST/OBC candidates if they come in the general merit. A list of candidates selected will be prepared strictly in order of merit, based on their performance in the Entrance Test. In case of a tie, the candidate older in age shall rank higher.
For more detail of B.Ed. Programme – Download Information Brochure.
For more detail of B.Ed. (SE) Programme – Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries, please ask in comments below.