LBS Kerala Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 – Government of Kerala has issued a notification for admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Degree course for the session 2017-18. Candidates can check all the information related to LBS Kerala Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 on the official website or on this page like application form, eligibility criteria, admit card, etc.
Latest: – Rank List for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 has been published. Scroll down to check the same.
|Issue of Application Forms (online)||12 Jun 2017|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||28 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Exam||16 Jul 2017|
LBS Kerala Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017
Candidates who are interested and going to participate in the LBS Kerala Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017 Recruitment process can fill their Application online before the last date of the submission of application form. Candidates are advised must read the instruction carefully before filling the online application.
Duration of the course : 2 years (24 Months)
Result / Rank List
Government of Kerala has uploaded the Result & Rank List of the Post Basis B.Sc Nursing 2017 Exam held on 16 Jul 2017. Candidates can check the result & Rank list from the official website. The link to check the both is also provided below.
Answer keys for Post Basis B.Sc Nursing has been published on 17 Jul 2017. Candidates are advised to carefully match Question paper and answer key set in order to avoid Wrong estimation of marks in exam. Check Answer keys from the link given below.
- Click here to check answer key
Complaints, if any, from the candidates regarding the answer keys, with valid proof, may be sent to the Deputy Director ( E.D.P.), LBS Centre for Science and Technology, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, so that it may reach his office within five calendar days from the date of publication of answer keys.
Admit card for LBS Kerala Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission Test 2017 has been uploaded on the official website, which can also be downloaded through the direct link provided below.
- Admit card process is over…!!!
Application Form 2017
Interested candidates can apply for LBS Kerala Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission 2017. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before applying which is given on this page. There is only a single application form for applying for admission to Post Basic B.Sc Degree Courses in various Government/Government controlled/Private Self Financing Colleges. If a candidate submits more than one application his / her candidature is liable to be cancelled. Application can be submitted only online. Candidates can use the direct link to fill the application form which is mentioned below.
The application fee is as follows:
- For General candidates – Rs 800/-
- For SC / ST candidates – Rs 400/-
Last year eligibility criteria is given below.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission unless otherwise notified. Holders of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cards / OCI (Overseas Citizen of India), will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admissions. However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation. Candidates seeking admission to the courses will be categorized as Keralite and Non-Keralite.
- A candidate of Kerala origin will be categorized as a ‘Keralite’. Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’. But they will not be eligible for Communal / Persons with Disabilities reservation.
- A candidate who is not of ‘Kerala origin’ but who has undergone the qualifying course in Kerala, and who is the son / daughter of the following categories of Non-Keralite parents will be categorized as Non-Keralite :
- Employees of the Government of India and defence personnel posted to Kerala.
- Employees, who are serving the Government of Kerala, subject to the condition that the employees have served in the state of Kerala or for the state of Kerala, for a minimum period of two years.
- Non-Keralite candidates will be considered against ‘State Merit’ seats only and will not be eligible for Communal/Persons with Disabilities reservation.
- Candidate should have passed +2/Equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects.
- They should have also passed the qualifying examination ,i.e, General Nursing and Midwifery Course, from an institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and concerned State Councils with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. No rounding off of the percentage of marks to the nearest whole number is permitted.
- Candidates should obtained registration with the Kerala Nurses and Mid-wives Council and copy of the registration certificate is to be submitted at the time of submission of application. Candidates who have studied outside Kerala shall have to submit copy of the registration certificate of the concerned nursing council of the state from where they have qualified, along with their application and shall have to produce their registration certificate in original obtained from Kerala State Nursing Council at the time of admission.
- The upper age limit for General candidates shall be 45 years and for Service candidates 49 years as on the last date for submission of application.
Last year exam pattern is given below.
The Entrance Examination will have one paper of ninety minutes duration. The examination shall be of the standard of GNM examination and will contain questions on all the subjects covered in the GNM syllabus of Indian Nursing Council.
- The Examination will consist of 100 objective type multiple choice questions each carrying 3 marks with a maximum of 300 marks.
- The answers should be marked in a separate answer sheet (OMR sheet) provided and all entries in the OMR sheet, including filling of bubbles, should be done using ballpoint pen only (Blue or Black).
- Each correct response will be awarded three marks. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect response. No mark will be awarded for the questions not answered. More than one answer indicated against a question will also be deemed as incorrect response and mark will be deducted as in the case of incorrect responses.
Rank List 2017
Rank lists of candidates except service category will be prepared according to the marks scored by the candidates in the entrance examination. In case of service candidates the rank list will be prepared based on the seniority in service of candidates qualifying in the entrance examination.
Resolution of Tie
In case of ranking based on marks in entrance examination, if more than one candidate obtains equal marks in the entrance examination.
- The candidate who secures higher aggregate mark for GNM Examination will be placed higher in the ranking.
- If the tie persists, then the age of the candidate will be taken into account and the older candidate will be given higher rank than the younger.
In case of tie, while preparing rank list under service quota based on seniority, it will be resolved by considering the PSC seniority. Unauthorised absence or absence due to leave without alallowance or leave on medical ground will not be counted for the purpose of calculating the service for the seniority.
Candidates seeking admission under service quota will also have to appear for the entrance examination and qualify in the same.
- Minimum marks for qualifying for open category: Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories need to score a minimum of 20% marks (60 out of 300) to qualify in the entrance examination and figure in the rank list. All other candidates have to score a minimum of 30% marks(90 out of 300) to qualify in the entrance examination and to be placed in the rank list.
- Minimum marks for qualifying for Service candidates: All service candidates need to score a minimum of 30% marks (90 out of 300) to qualify in the entrance examination.
Centralised Allotment Process
The Centralised Allotment Process for Government Seats in Government /Government controlled/Self Financing Colleges will be through a Single Window System (SWS). The allotment to various colleges will be done by the Director, LBS Centre, under the supervision of the Director of Medical Education. The allotments will be strictly based on the options exercised by the candidate, the rank lists prepared by the Director, LBS Centre for Science and Technology, eligible reservation(s) of the candidate and availability of seats.
Rank List will be published in the website www.lbscentre.in on the date notified. A Trial Allotment will be conducted to give an idea about the chances of getting allotment.
After the first and Second Allotment if required, spot allotment(s) will be conducted on the date(s), time and venue(s) to be notified.
For more details of LBS Kerala Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission candidates refer to the last year Information Brochure here.