Lovely Professional University has released a notification for admission into B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture programmes through the LPU NEST 2019 (Entrance as well as Scholarship Test). This test will have two fold advantage as it will act as Entrance as well as Scholarship Test. Candidates can read all the necessary details of LPU NEST 2019 for Agriculture admission such as online application form, eligibility criteria, application fee, admit card and result on this page.
Latest: The application form of LPU NEST 2019 for all the programmes has been released. Candidates can fill the same from the “Application form page”.
LPU NEST 2019 for Agriculture Admission
Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST-2019) for Agriculture aspirants. Since its inception in 2009, more than 50,000 students are appearing in this exam (LPUNEST) every year. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed).
Scholarship: LPU envisages to usher an era of accessible and affordable quality higher education to the youth of our country, as on the basis of LPUNEST-2019 score, the university intends to award extensive Scholarship upto Rs 3.2 Lac per student.
- Programme offered in Agriculture is B.Sc.(Hons.) Agriculture.
Schedule for LPU NEST 2019 Agriculture is given below.
|Online Registration Starts on||1st week of Oct 2018||21 Jan 2019|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||20 Jan 2019||31 Mar 2019|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||1st week of Dec 2018||1st week of Mar 2019|
|Dates of Entrance Examination #||21 Jan – 5 Feb 2019||5 Apr – 30 Apr 2019|
|Display of Result||10 Feb 2019||4 May 2019|
|Online counseling and Seat Allocation||4th May onwards|
Important dates of LPU NEST 2019 Counselling is given below.
|Details of Rounds and Dates of Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||Rounds of Counselling||Filling of Online Preference||Result of Allotment||Date of Admission (subject to availability of seats) (scholarship subject to prevalence of scholarship scheme)|
|Round I||04 – 09 May 2019||10 May 2019||10 – 16 May 2019|
|Round II||N.A.||17 May 2019||17 – 20 May 2019|
|Round III||17 – 20 May 2019||21st May 2019||21 – 31 May 2019|
Application Form 2019
LPU NEST Application Form for B.Sc.(Hons.)Agriculture will be available on the official website of the LPU. Interested candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying. Candidates can apply through the direct link (Application Form) given above.
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2019
- Qualifying Examination: Applicants appearing for LPUNEST-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in final examination of 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
- Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination: Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or Intermediate (with English, Physics, Chemistry & either Maths or Biology or Forestry) OR 10+2 or Intermediate (Agriculture) OR 2 years Diploma in Agriculture after 10th or equivalent subject to valid score in LPUNEST- 2019.
The test duration is of 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes) and consists of 110 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
- The applicant sits in front of the computer and the questions are presented on the monitor and the applicant submits his/her answers through the use of the mouse. The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the test in real time, through a reliable connectivity.
- Online Entrance test assumes that the applicant has basic familiarity in the use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the university cannot take responsibility for the same.
Online Entrance Test Procedure
- The applicant must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on. Any problem with the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice (MCQ type).
- Each MCQ will consist of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Out of the four responses, only one is correct or the most appropriate answer. Applicants must choose the correct or most appropriate answer by clicking on the button next to the answer. Applicants can navigate freely through the questions.
Rough Work – All rough work should be done in the paper/s supplied at the Test Centre. No paper/s should be taken to the test hall for this purpose.
Scoring, Negative Marking
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions.
- Students will be awarded ranks on the basis of marks obtained. In case of two students scoring equal marks in the test, sum of best two subjects will be considered. In case of more students having the same sum of best two, the one getting single highest in any of the subject will be considered.
The distribution of questions for Agriculture is as follow:
All Subjects are compulsory. All questions carry 4 marks (Except English which carry 2 marks) each. The language of the entrance test shall be English only.
- Click here to the view the list of LPU NEST Agriculture previous year Test centres.
- Click here to view the LPU NEST Agriculture Syllabus.
Fee and Scholarship
Fee and Scholarship applicable to applicants admitted on the basis of LPU NEST 2019 will be as per details given below:
Lovely Professional University strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So the University offers India’s largest Private Scholarship Scheme. The objective of the scheme is to realize the vast talents that may be hidden due to financial constraints. (Under this scheme in last five years LPU has awarded scholarships to more than 30,000 students worth Rs 300+ crores.)In addition to LPUNEST-2019, Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- Percentage in Qualifying Exam
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Personnel and their dependents.
Important InformationIn case an applicant fails to produce the proof of fulfilment of the prescribed eligibility criteria or any other document prescribed by the university or fails to provide original documents for verification by the stipulated date(s), he/she shall not be considered eligible for admission/ scholarship, in any case, if granted due to any reason shall be cancelled and the applicant shall have no claim, whatsoever against the university.