Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST-2018) for Design aspirants. LPUNEST started in 2009, become one of the largest entrance test in India in 6 years with approximately 3 lakh students registering for the same in 2014. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed) as per the schedule.
Latest: Last date to apply for Phase-4 LPU NEST is July 31, 2018. Scroll down for more information.
LPU NEST 2018 Design
This test will have twofold advantage as it will act as Eligibility Test as well as Scholarship Test. LPUNEST-2018 will provide a gateway to all design programmes in LPU and will act as Entrance test for admission in Design Programmes at LPU.
Below are the Programmes offered in Design. Click on the Programmes listed below for further details:
- B.Design (Fashion)
- B.Design (Interior And Furniture)
- B.Design (Product And Industrial)
- B.Design (Multimedia)
- B.Design (Graphics)
- B.Design (Gaming)
- Bsc Design (Fashion)
- Bsc Design (Interior And
- Bsc Design (Product And
- Bsc Design (Multimedia)
- Bsc Design (Graphics)
- Bsc Design (Gaming)
Schedule for the LPU NEST 2018 Design is given below.
|Exam Phase/ Schedule||Events|
|Last day to apply||Date of Exam||Result||Date of Admission|
|Phase-1B||25 May 2018||20- 31 May 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: 05 Jun 2018
15 Jun 2018
|Phase-2||25 Jun 2018||20- 30 Jun 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: 05 Jul 2018
|With scholarship 30 Jun 2018|
|Phase-3||10 Jul 2018||05- 15 Jul 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: 20 Jul 2018
|With scholarship 15 Jul 2018|
|Phase-4||16- 31 Jul 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: To be announced
|With scholarship 16- 31 Jul 2018|
Online Counselling and Seat Allotment
|Schedule||Rounds of Counseling||Filling of Online Preference||Result of Allotment||Last date of Admission (subject to availability of seats) (scholarship subject to prevalence of scholarship scheme)|
|Schedule-I||Round I||15 March to 9 April 2018||10th April 2018||10th April to 17th April 2018|
|Round II||N.A.||18th April 2018||18th April to 22nd April 2018|
|Round III||18th April to 22nd April 2018||23rd April 2018||23rd April to 30th April 2018|
|Schedule-II||Round I||7th May to 12th May 2018||14th May 2018||14th May to 20th May 2018|
|Round II||N.A.||21st May 2018||21st May to 24th May 2018|
|Round III||21st May to 24th May 2018||25th May 2018||25th May to 31st May 2018|
Application Form 2018
LPU NEST 2018 Application Form for admissions is available as per schedule. Application form of LPUNEST 2018 is to be submitted online by completing four main steps, such as filling basic details, completing registration, paying application fees, and entering slot booking details. Candidates can fill application form from the above link.
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2018
Applicants appearing for LPUNEST-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in final examination of 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- For admission in B.Design and B.Sc. (Design) applicant should
- Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 (With English) or equivalent subject to valid score in LPUNEST- 2018.
The test duration is of 150 minutes (2 hrs. 30 min.) and consists of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
- The approximate distribution of questions is as follows:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks per subject|
|Communication Ability||25 questions||2 Marks||50 Marks|
|General Awareness||25 questions||2 Marks||50 Marks|
|Design Thinking||50 questions||2 Marks||100 Marks|
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions
Grammar Concepts – Parts of speech, Pronouns, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Articles, Verbs, Modals, Tenses.
Vocabulary, Antonyms and Synonyms, One word substitution, Common errors in sentence construction, Common errors in choice of vocabulary, Reading Comprehension skills.
Indian History, Indian Politics, Indian Economy, Budget and Five Years Plan, Who is Who, Sports Events, Awards and Honours, Science Invention and Discoveries, Abbreviations, Important Days and Weeks, International and National Organizations, Awareness of social and cultural connection with design history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Natural & Geometrical Form
- 2D and 3D visualisation
- Transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects
- Spatial relationships between different 2D or 3D shapes
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
- Use of measurements, scale & proportions
- Foreshortening & perspective
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Design Awareness
- Creative thinking
- Elements & Principles Of Design
- Detecting concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events and thinking critically about them
- Discerning subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Story pictures
- Discerning patterns within qualitative or quantitative information
- Weighing opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria
- Use of logic and structured thinking to deduce from a given short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Analysis and usage of visual analogies and metaphors
- Imagination & Doodling
- Analysis and usage of signs and symbols
- Generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions for a given problem
- Color, its principles and theory
- Understanding Light & Shade
- Colour Terminology, Mood, theme & colour inter – relationship
- Colour Psychology
- Colour, Pattern & Texture
- Optical Illusion
- Usage of colour in Compositions