Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST-2019) for Design aspirants. LPUNEST started in 2009, become one of the largest entrance test in India in 6 years with approximately 3 lakh students registering for the same in 2014. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed) as per the schedule.
Latest: Application Form for LPU NEST 2019 Design has been released. Click on the link given below in “Application Page” to apply online.
LPU NEST 2019 Design
This test will have a twofold advantage as it will act as Eligibility Test as well as Scholarship Test. LPUNEST-2019 will provide a gateway to all design programmes in LPU and will act as Entrance test for admission in Design Programmes at LPU.
Below are the Programmes offered in Design. Click on the Programmes listed below for further details:
- B.Design (Fashion)
- B.Design (Interior And Furniture)
- B.Design (Product And Industrial)
- B.Design (Multimedia)
- B.Design (Graphics)
- B.Design (Gaming)
- Bsc Design (Fashion)
- Bsc Design (Interior And
- Bsc Design (Product And
- Bsc Design (Multimedia)
- Bsc Design (Graphics)
- Bsc Design (Gaming)
Schedule for the LPU NEST 2019 Design is given below.
|Events||Schedule – 1||Schedule – 2|
|Online Registration Starts on||1st week of October 2018||21st January 2019|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST (Design)||20th January 2019*||31st March 2019|
|Dates of Entrance Examination #||21st January – 5th February 2019||5th April – 30th April 2019|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||1st week of December 2018||1st week of March 2019|
|Display of Result||10th February 2019||4th May 2019|
|Online counseling and Seat Allocation||4th May onwards||4th May onwards|
# Candidate can select any suitable date and test centre from the list available on Test Cities,
subject to its availability.
*It is advised not to wait for the last moment as you may not get the desired time and data for the
Online Counselling and Seat Allotment
|Details of Rounds and Dates of Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||Rounds of Counselling||Filling of Online Preference||Result of Allotment||Date of Admission (subject to availability of seats)|
|Round I||04 – 09 May 2019||10 May 2019||10 – 16 May 2019|
|Round II||N.A.||17 May 2019||17 – 20 May 2019|
|Round III||17 – 20 May 2019||21st May 2019||21 – 31 May 2019|
Application Form 2019
LPU NEST 2019 Application Form for admissions is available as per schedule. Application form of LPUNEST 2019 is to be submitted online by completing four main steps, such as filling basic details, completing registration, paying application fees, and entering slot booking details. Candidates can fill application form from the above link.
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2019
Applicants appearing for LPUNEST-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in final examination of 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- For admission in B.Design and B.Sc. (Design) applicant should
- Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 (With English) or equivalent subject to valid score in LPUNEST- 2019.
The test duration is of 150 minutes (2 hrs. 30 min.) and consists of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
- The approximate distribution of questions is as follows:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks per Question||Maximum Marks per subject|
|Communication Ability||25 questions||2 Marks||50 Marks|
|General Awareness||25 questions||2 Marks||50 Marks|
|Design Thinking||50 questions||2 Marks||100 Marks|
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions
Grammar Concepts – Parts of speech, Pronouns, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Articles, Verbs, Modals, Tenses.
Vocabulary, Antonyms and Synonyms, One word substitution, Common errors in sentence construction, Common errors in choice of vocabulary, Reading Comprehension skills.
Indian History, Indian Politics, Indian Economy, Budget and Five Years Plan, Who is Who, Sports Events, Awards and Honours, Science Invention and Discoveries, Abbreviations, Important Days and Weeks, International and National Organizations, Awareness of social and cultural connection with design history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses History of art, sculpture and literature.
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Natural & Geometrical Form
- 2D and 3D visualisation
- Transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects
- Spatial relationships between different 2D or 3D shapes
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
- Use of measurements, scale & proportions
- Foreshortening & perspective
- Observation and design sensitivity
- Design Awareness
- Creative thinking
- Elements & Principles Of Design
- Detecting concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events and thinking critically about them
- Discerning subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Story pictures
- Discerning patterns within qualitative or quantitative information
- Weighing opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria
- Use of logic and structured thinking to deduce from a given short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Analysis and usage of visual analogies and metaphors
- Imagination & Doodling
- Analysis and usage of signs and symbols
- Generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions for a given problem
- Color, its principles and theory
- Understanding Light & Shade
- Colour Terminology, Mood, theme & colour inter – relationship
- Colour Psychology
- Colour, Pattern & Texture
- Optical Illusion
- Usage of colour in Compositions