Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST-2019 for Hotel Management aspirants. Since its inception in 2009, more than 50,000 students are appearing in this exam (LPUNEST) every year. Registrations for LPUNEST-2019 begins from 1st week of October 2018 onwards. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed) as per the schedule.
Latest: Application form for LPU NEST 2019 Hotel Management for phase 2 has been released. Click on the link given below in “Application Page” to apply online.
LPU NEST 2019 Hotel Management
This test will have twofold advantage as it will act as Eligibility Test as well as Scholarship Test. LPUNEST-2019 will provide a gateway to Hotel Management programmes in LPU and will act as Entrance test for admission in Hotel Management Programmes at LPU.
Below are the Programmes offered in Hotel Management. Click on the Programmes listed below for further details:
- Bachelor of Hotel Mgt. and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- B.Sc. (Hotel Management)
- B.Sc. (Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality)
- BBA (Tourism and Hospitality)
- Diploma (Airlines cabin crew and Hospitality)
Schedule for the LPU NEST 2019 Hotel Management is given below.
|Events||Phase 2||Phase 1
Schedule – 2
|Online Registration Starts on||01 May 2019||21st January 2019|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||25 May 2019|
|Dates of Entrance Examination||15 May – 31 May 2019||5th April – 30th April 2019|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||06 May 2019||1st week of March 2019|
|Display of Result||Within Two Working Days from the conduct of test||4th May 2019|
|Online counseling and Seat Allocation||Upto 31st May 2019||4th May 2019 onwards|
Online Counseling and Seat Allotment
|Details of Rounds and Dates of Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||Rounds of Counselling||Filling of Online Preference||Result of Allotment||Date of Admission (subject to availability of seats)|
|Round I||04 – 09 May 2019||10 May 2019||10 – 16 May 2019|
|Round II||10 -16 May 2019||17 May 2019||17 – 20 May 2019|
|Round III||17 – 20 May 2019||21st May 2019||21 – 31 May 2019|
Application Form 2019
LPU NEST Application Form will be available on the official website of the LPU. Interested candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying. Candidates can also apply through the direct link (Application Form) given above.
Nationality – Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2019
Applicants appearing for LPUNEST-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in final examination of 10 + 2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with English) subject to qualifying LPUNEST-2019.
Question Paper Pattern
The test duration is of 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes) and consists of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
|Service Aptitude||15 questions|
|General Awareness||25 questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||15 questions|
|Reasoning and Logical Ability||15 questions|
|All subjects are compulsory. Each question carries 2 marks. The language of the entrance test shall be English only. The duration of test will be 150 minutes.|
- The applicant must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on. Any problem with the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice (MCQ type).
- Each MCQ will consist of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Out of the four responses, only one is correct or the most appropriate answer. Applicants must choose the correct or most appropriate answer by clicking on the button next to the answer. Applicants can navigate freely through the questions.
All rough work should be done in the paper/s supplied at the Test Centre. No paper/s should be taken to the test hall for this purpose.
Scoring, Negative Marking
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions.
- Students will be awarded ranks on the basis of marks obtained. In case of two students scoring equal marks in the test, sum of best two subjects will be considered. In case of more students having the same sum of best two, the one getting single highest in any of the subject will be considered.
- Click here to the view the list of LPU NEST 2019 Hotel Management Test centres.
- Click here to view the LPU NEST 2019 Hotel Management Syllabus.
Fee and Scholarship
Fee and Scholarship applicable to applicants admitted on the basis of LPUNEST – 2019 will be as per details given below:
B.Sc. (Hotel Management)
B.Sc. (Airlines, Tourism & Hospitality)
|Fee varies from Rs. 35000/- to Rs. 70000/- Per Semester|
Lovely Professional University strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So the University offers India’s largest Private Scholarship Scheme. The objective of the scheme is to realize the vast talents that may be hidden due to financial constraints. (Under this scheme in last five years LPU has awarded scholarships to more than 30,000 students worth Rs 300+ crores.)
In addition to LPUNEST-2019, Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- Percentage in Qualifying Exam
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Personnel and their dependents.
In case an applicant fails to produce the proof of fulfilment of the prescribed eligibility criteria or any other document prescribed by the university or fails to provide original documents for verification by the stipulated date(s), he/she shall not be considered eligible for admission/ scholarship, in any case, if granted due to any reason shall be cancelled and the applicant shall have no claim, whatsoever against the university.