Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST-2018) for Hotel Management aspirants. Since its inception in 2009, more than 50,000 students are appearing in this exam (LPUNEST) every year. Registrations for LPUNEST-2018 begins from 1st week of November 2017 onwards. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed) as per the schedule.
Latest: Last date to apply for Phase-4 LPU NEST is July 31, 2018. Scroll down for more information.
LPU NEST 2018 Hotel Management
This test will have twofold advantage as it will act as Eligibility Test as well as Scholarship Test. LPUNEST-2018 will provide a gateway to Hotel Management programmes in LPU and will act as Entrance test for admission in Hotel Management Programmes at LPU.
Below are the Programmes offered in Hotel Management. Click on the Programmes listed below for further details:
- Bachelor of Hotel Mgt. and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- B.Sc. (Hotel Management)
- B.Sc. (Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality)
- BBA (Tourism and Hospitality)
- Diploma (Airlines cabin crew and Hospitality)
Schedule for the LPU NEST 2018 Hotel Management is given below.
|B.Tech/ Design/ Hotel Management/ Applied medical science/ MBA/ Law/ Agriculture|
|Exam Phase/ Schedule||Events|
|Last day to apply||Date of Exam||Result||Date of Admission|
|Phase-1B||25 May 2018||20- 31 May 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: 05 Jun 2018
31 May 2018
15 Jun 2018
|Phase-2||25 Jun 2018||20- 30 Jun 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: 05 Jul 2018
|With scholarship 30 Jun 2018|
|Phase-3||10 Jul 2018||05- 15 Jul 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: 20 Jul 2018
|With scholarship 15 Jul 2018|
|Phase-4||16- 31 Jul 2018||Eligibility Result: 01 day after conduct of exam
Scholarship result: To be announced
|With scholarship 16- 31 Jul 2018|
Online Counseling and Seat Allotment
|Display of Result||Rounds of Counseling||Filling of Online Preference||Result of Allotment||Last date of Admission (subject to availability of seats) (scholarship subject to prevalence of scholarship scheme)|
|7 May 2018||Round I||7 May to 12 May 2018||14 May 2018||14 May to 20 May 2018|
|Round II||N.A.||21 May 2018||21 May to 24 May 2018|
|Round III||21 May to 24 May 2018||25 May 2018||25 May to 31 May 2018|
Application Form 2018
LPU NEST Application Form will be available on the official website of the LPU. Interested candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying. Candidates can apply through the direct link (Application Form) given above.
Nationality – Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2018
Applicants appearing for LPUNEST-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2017, in final examination of 10 + 2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with English) subject to qualifying LPUNEST-2018.
Question Paper Pattern
The test duration is of 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes) and consists of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
|Service Aptitude||15 questions|
|General Awareness||25 questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude||15 questions|
|Reasoning and Logical Ability||15 questions|
|All subjects are compulsory. Each question carries 2 marks. The language of the entrance test shall be English only. The duration of test will be 150 minutes.|
- The applicant must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on. Any problem with the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice (MCQ type).
- Each MCQ will consist of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Out of the four responses, only one is correct or the most appropriate answer. Applicants must choose the correct or most appropriate answer by clicking on the button next to the answer. Applicants can navigate freely through the questions.
All rough work should be done in the paper/s supplied at the Test Centre. No paper/s should be taken to the test hall for this purpose.
Scoring, Negative Marking
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions.
- Students will be awarded ranks on the basis of marks obtained. In case of two students scoring equal marks in the test, sum of best two subjects will be considered. In case of more students having the same sum of best two, the one getting single highest in any of the subject will be considered.
- Click here to the view the list of LPU NEST 2018 Hotel Management Test centres.
- Click here to view the LPU NEST 2018 Hotel Management Syllabus.
Fee and Scholarship
Fee and Scholarship applicable to applicants admitted on the basis of LPUNEST – 2018 will be as per details given below:
B.Sc. (Hotel Management)
|49,500/- Per Semester|
|B.Sc. (Airlines, Tourism & Hospitality)||39,500/- Per Semester|
Lovely Professional University strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So the University offers India’s largest Private Scholarship Scheme. The objective of the scheme is to realize the vast talents that may be hidden due to financial constraints. (Under this scheme in last five years LPU has awarded scholarships to more than 30,000 students worth Rs 300+ crores.)
In addition to LPUNEST-2018, Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- Percentage in Qualifying Exam
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Personnel and their dependents.
In case an applicant fails to produce the proof of fulfilment of the prescribed eligibility criteria or any other document prescribed by the university or fails to provide original documents for verification by the stipulated date(s), he/she shall not be considered eligible for admission/ scholarship, in any case, if granted due to any reason shall be cancelled and the applicant shall have no claim, whatsoever against the university.