Lovely Professional University has released a notification for admission into Applied Medical Sciences programmes through the LPU NEST 2019 (Entrance as well as Scholarship Test). This test will have a two-fold advantage as it will act as Entrance as well as Scholarship Test. Candidates can read all the necessary details of LPU NEST 2019 for Applied Medical Sciences admission such as online application form, eligibility criteria, application fee, admit card and result on this page.
LPUNEST Applied Medical Sciences Programmes 2019
Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST-2019) for Applied Medical Sciences aspirants. Since its inception in 2009, more than 50,000 students are appearing in this exam (LPUNEST) every year. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed).
Scholarship: LPU envisages to usher an era of accessible and affordable quality higher education to the youth of our country, as on the basis of LPUNEST-2019 score, the university intends to award extensive Scholarship up to Rs 6 Lac per student.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Dual degree BPT – MPT
- B.Sc. (Medical Lab. Technology)
Schedule for LPU NEST 2019 Applied Medical Sciences is given below.
|LPUNEST 2019||Phase 2||Schedule-II|
|Online Registration Starts on||01 May 2019||21 Jan 2019|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||20 Jan 2019|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||06 May 2019||1st week of Mar 2019|
|Dates of Entrance Examination||15 May – 31 May 2019||5 Apr – 30 Apr 2019|
|Display of Result||Within Two Working Days from the conduct of test||04 May 2019|
|Online counseling and Seat Allocation||upto 31 May 2019||04 May 2019 onwards|
Online Counseling and Seat Allotment
|Details of Rounds and Dates of Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||Rounds of Counselling||Filling of Online Preference||Result of Allotment||Date of Admission (subject to availability of seats)|
|Round I||04 – 09 May 2019||10 May 2019||10 – 16 May 2019|
|Round II||10 – 16 May 2019||17 May 2019||17 – 20 May 2019|
|Round III||17 – 20 May 2019||21st May 2019||21 – 31 May 2019|
- Nationality: Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPU NEST 2019
- Qualifying Examination: Applicants appearing for LPUNEST-2019 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in final examination of 10+2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
- Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- For admission in B.Pharm. applicant should
Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or Intermediate (with English, Physics, Chemistry & either Maths or Biology) or equivalent, subject to valid score in LPUNEST-2019.
- For admission in BPT and Dual degree BPT-MPT applicant should
Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) or equivalent, subject to valid score in LPUNEST-2019.
- For admission in B.Sc. (Medical Lab. Technology) applicant should
Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with English, Chemistry and either Maths or Biology or Biotechnology) or 2 yrs. MLT Diploma after 10th or equivalent, subject to valid score in LPUNEST-2019.
- For admission in B.Pharm. applicant should
The test duration is of 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes) and consists of 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
- The applicant sits in front of the computer and the questions are presented on the monitor and the applicant submits his/her answers through the use of the mouse. The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the test in real time, through a reliable connectivity.
- Online Entrance test assumes that the applicant has basic familiarity in the use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the applicant to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the university cannot take responsibility for the same.
Online Entrance Test Procedure
- The applicant must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on. Any problem with the computer should be informed to the invigilator immediately.
- The questions appearing on the screen will be in English. All questions will be of the Multiple Choice (MCQ type).
- Each MCQ will consist of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C, and D. Out of the four responses, only one is correct or the most appropriate answer. Applicants must choose the correct or most appropriate answer by clicking on the button next to the answer. Applicants can navigate freely through the questions.
Rough Work – All rough work should be done in the paper/s supplied at the Test Centre. No paper/s should be taken to the test hall for this purpose.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions.
- Students will be awarded ranks on the basis of marks obtained. In the case of two students scoring equal marks in the test, sum of best two subjects will be considered. In case of more students having the same sum of the best two, the one getting single highest in any of the subjects will be considered.
The distribution of questions for Applied Medical Sciences is as follow:
All Subjects are compulsory. All questions carry 4 marks each. The language of the entrance test shall be English only.
- Click here to the view the list of LPU NEST 2019 Applied Medical Sciences Test centres.
Fee and Scholarship
Fee and Scholarship applicable to applicants admitted on the basis of LPU NEST 2019 will be as per details given below:
|B.Pharm.||90,000/- Per Semester|
|BPT, Dual Degree BPT-MPT||70,000/- Per Semester|
|B.Sc. (Medical Lab. Technology)||70,000/- Per Semester|
Lovely Professional University strongly believes in the fact that monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for a student to have access to quality education. So the University offers India’s largest Private Scholarship Scheme. The objective of the scheme is to realize the vast talents that may be hidden due to financial constraints. (Under this scheme in last five years LPU has awarded scholarships to more than 30,000 students worth `300+ crores.)
In addition to LPUNEST-2019, Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- The percentage in Qualifying Exam
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Personnel and their dependents.
In case an applicant fails to produce the proof of fulfillment of the prescribed eligibility criteria or any other document prescribed by the university or fails to provide original documents for verification by the stipulated date(s), he/she shall not be considered eligible for admission/ scholarship, in any case, if granted due to any reason shall be cancelled and the applicant shall have no claim, whatsoever against the university.