LSAT India 2018 exam is going to be conducted by Pearson VUE. Through it many applicants across the country will be provided admission to various law programmes. LSAT India 2018 exam date has been scheduled for May 20, 2018. The registration process for the same has already started and the last date to apply was May 09, 2018. The entire process is online from registration to result. However, LSAT India 2018 is going to be conducted in offline mode,i.e., pen and paper mode. The counselling for admission is going to be done individually by the participating institutions and is subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria and marks scored in the exam. On this page know about registration, admit card, exam dates, result, counselling, list of participating colleges and more.
LSAT India 2018
LSAT India 2018 will be conducted to provide admission to various 3 years and 5 years integrated LLB, LLB-LLM courses in law schools of India. It is a national level examination in which more than 85 law institutions participate. Know the complete LSAT India 2018 schedule from the below-provided table:
|LSAT India 2018 Exam||Important Dates|
|Registration for the Exam Begins from||O4 Oct 2017|
|Last Date to do LSAT India 2018 Registration|
|Availability of Admit Card|
|LSAT India 2018 Exam Date is||20 May 2018|
|Result will be Announced on|
LSAT India 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are going to apply for the exam must check the eligibility before registering themselves. No official criteria have been defined officially, still, you need to fulfill the eligibility as laid down by the college in which you wish to get admission. Below we have mentioned basic criteria that are required to be met in order to apply for LSAT India 2018:
For BA LLB Programme:
- If you are going to apply for BA LLB programme you must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with good marks.
- The minimum marks required for the admission varies from college to college. therefore check for the minimum percentage from the college website, to which you wish to get admission.
For LLM Courses:
- In case you are appearing for LSAT India 2018 for admission to LLM programme, you must have qualified LLB. The college or institution from which you got the degree must be recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI).
- A minimum passing percentage will vary from college to college.
LSAT India 2018 Registration
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. For LSAT India 2018 Registration you need to visit the official website and then proceed with creating a new account. You will be asked to provide personal details and contact details in the form. Once successfully created, you will receive a welcome mail with a verification link.
Once you verify the mail id, proceed with filling LSAT India 2018 application form. Here you have to enter the personal details, academic information, contact details, communication details and then upload the photograph in the specified format.
The passport size image must be of 150 to 200 dpi and size not exceeding 2 MB. The format of an image could be PDF/ PNG/ JPEG only.
In the final step, you have to select 8 colleges where you want your LSAT India 2018 score to be sent. Now pay LSAT India 2018 application fee of Rs. 3800. If you want to purchase the handbook, you need to make an additional payment of Rs. 450 which will account for a total of Rs. 4250. To pay the fee, you can use credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ wallet/ cash cards.
LSAT India 2018 Exam Pattern
While preparing for the exam it is important to understand the syllabus and exam pattern of LSAT India 2018.
The paper is divided into 4 sections.
2 sections are of Logical Reasoning, 1 is of Analytical reasoning and the last is Reading comprehension.
To answer questions in each section a time limit of 35 minutes is provided. It means that the total time to solve the paper is 210 minutes.
There is no provision of negative marking which means you can answer all the questions without worrying about the marks deduction in case of wrong response marked by you.
The paper of LSAT India 2018 will be of objective type and you have to mark the responses on the OMR sheet. Some questions will have 4 options and some may have 5 choices. You have to select the one that you think is right.
|Section||Total No. of Questions (approximately)||Time (in minutes)|
|1st Logical Reasoning||24||35|
|2nd Logical Reasoning||24||35|
|Total||92 – 100||140 minutes|
LSAT India 2018 Admit Card
For appearing in the examination, you must download the admit card from the website. The last date to download it is May 19, 2018, which is just the day before the examination. However, you must not wait for the last moment and get access to LSAT India 2018 admit card as early as possible thus avoiding last minute rush. To download the hall ticket you can make use of LSAT India 2018 login which is same as the one you used during registration.
Admit card is going to be made available in the form of PDF file and you can take a print out of it to appear in the exam effortlessly. In case you don’t have your admit card on the exam day, you may not be allowed to enter the examination hall. The registration details mentioned in it along with your photo serves as your identity which is verified before you write LSAT India 2018.
In case you are facing any kind of problem while downloading the admit card get in touch with Pearson VUE by giving a call on +91-801836734 or send an email at [email protected]
LSAT India 2018 Result
In order to check the result after LSAT India 2018 exam. Law School Admission Council has announced the result online in the form of a scorecard. To check your result and download the scorecard you have to log in to your account and then access LSAT India 2018 result.
Scorecard you will download, is going to have the information which proves that result is yours along with the percentile scored by you in the examination. You will be provided the time for nearly 2 months to download LSAT India 2018 result. No scorecard will be issued there after. The result will be valid for the current session and you will be required to get admission in any of the participating institutions on the basis of it.
Another important pointed to be noted here is that you will require the scorecard during the counselling process.
Calculating the Percentile
The percentile is calculated on the basis of your performance in comparison to other candidates who appeared in the same group as you did. Let us suppose you scored 88 percentile on the exam in the group of 3-year law programme. It means you did better than 88 percent of candidates who took the test. However, it does not necessarily mean that your 88 percent of questions in LSAT India 2018 are correct.
To calculate the percentile or generally know as LSAT India 2018 test score, many factors are taken into consideration:
- Number of candidates who took the test
- Highest score in the examination
- Marks scored by you in LSAT India 2018
LSAT India 2018 Counselling Process
After the declaration of result, your percentile is sent to the colleges you opted in the registration form. A cut off will be issued by the different colleges. And on the basis of your score, you will be called for counselling round. It is observed that all the colleges have their own counselling process and schedule which is independent of LSAT India 2018. For the final selection, your score and performance in the counselling round are considered.
If you fulfill the minimum criteria as laid down by the participating institution and score the marks over and above the cut off of that college, you will be offered admission in 3 years or 5 years integrated law programme.
List of LSAT India 2018 Participating Colleges
Below you can find the list of participating law schools in LSAT India 2018:
- In Presidency University, School of Law, Bangalore, Soundarya College of Law, O P Jindal Global University, NIMT Institute of Method & Law and N.A Global Law School 100% of seats are filled through LSAT India 2018 exam.
- 90% of seats in Institute of Law / AISECT University Bhopal (M.P), Glocal University’s Glocal Law School and Indore Institute of Law are filled through this exam.
- GD Goenka University School of Law, Gurgaon conducts counselling to fill 80% seats.
- 70% of total seats in Faculty of Law, Marwadi University and IFIM law College, Bengaluru are filled by LSAT India 2018.
Other famous and reputed law colleges that accept LSAT India 2018 scores are:
- Alliance School of Law, Alliance University
- NMIMS School of Law
- Parul Institute of Law
- Azim Premji University
- Central India College of Law
- Faculty of Law, ICFAI University
- Auro University School of Law
- JSS Law College
- MATS Law School
- School of Law, Noida International School
- College of Legal Studies (UPES)
- Faculty of Law, ICFAI University
- G.H. Raisoni Law School
- Amity University, Manesar
- NCU Law School
- VIT Law School
- K.R. Mangalam University
- KLE Society’s Law College
- MATS Law School
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
- School of Law, Gitam University
- Faculty of Law, SGT University
- School of Law, Ansal University
- School of Law, Sharda University
- School of Law, Galgotias University
- Chotanagpur Law College
- The ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education
- Faculty of Law, SRM University
- Raffles School of Law, Raffles University
- IFIM Law College
- Lovely Professional University
- Saveetha College Of Law
- IIMT- Greater Noida
- Aurora’s Legal Science Institute, Nalgonda
Below you can find some more law colleges that provide admission on the basis of LSAT India 2018 score obtained by you:
- Jaipur School of Law
- Chanakya Law College
- Shri Swami Dayal Bhatnagar Law College
- Jagan Nath University
- Jai Hind Defence College of Law
- Institute of Law & Research
- Asian Law College (ALC)
- B.N. Law College
- B.S. Anangpuria Institute of Law
- Haldia Law College
- NIMS Law School
- Dr. Anushka Vidhi Mahavidyalaya
- Durgapur Institute of Legal Studies (DILS)
- Geeta Institute of Law
- Altius Institute of Universal Studies
- REVA University
- IMS Unison University
- Institute of Management Studies
- Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University
- KLE B V Bellad Law College
- KLE’s GK Law college
- M A B Institue of Juridical Science
- Midnapore Law College
- BMS College of Law
- NIMT Institute of Method & Law
- R N Patel Ipcowala School of Law and Justice
- Royal College of Law
- Sardar Patel Subharti Institute of Law
- C. M. R. Law School
- Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law
- M.L. & G.E. Society’s Manikchand Pahade Law College
- Siddhartha Law College
- Smt. Kamlaben Ghambirchand Shah Law School
- Tagore Public Law College
- Vaikunta Baliga College of Law
- Disha Law College
- School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University
- N A Global Law School
- RNBGU School of Law
- Adamas University
- L J School of Law
- Glocal University’s Glocal Law School
- JECRC University
LSAT India 2018 official website is www.pearsonvueindia.com
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.