Lucknow University has released notification from the eligible candidates to admission in B.P.Ed Courses for the academic year 2017-18. Candidates can fill their application from the official website www.lkouniv.ac.in. Candidates can check the complete information regarding Lucknow University B.P.Ed Admission 2017 application process, fee and other information through this page below.
Latest – Admit Card has been released for Lucknow University B.P.Ed 2017 Exam, Download it through the link provided below.
Lucknow University B.P.Ed Admission 2017
Candidates can fill their application as per schedule mention below. Those who fill their application form on time will be eligible to receive the admit card issued by Department of Physical Education, Lucknow University, Lucknow after the submission of application form for the entrance examination.
Schedule for the Lucknow University B.P.Ed Admission 2017 is given below.
|Submission of application form starts||22 May 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form||15 Jun 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee of Rs. 1000/-||20 Jun 2017|
|Date of written test & verification of documents||to be announced|
|Date of Physical fitness test & Games proficiency & Interview||to be announced|
|Merit list declaration||to be announced|
|Reporting for Medical Test, admission process & depositing fee||to be announced|
|Reporting in the Department||to be announced|
|Commencement of Class||to be announced|
Lucknow University General Quick Links
A candidates has to download a form from the University of Lucknow website www.lkouniv.ac.in. The forms are also available on offline from the Department of Physical Education.
- After fill the form and attaching all necessary documents, the hard copy will have to submit in the Department by hand.
- A Demand draft of Rs. 800/- for General & OBC candidates Rs. 400/- for SC/ST candidates in favour of Finance Officer, University of Lucknow, will have to attached with hard copy.
- For Physical Fitness Test Rs. 250/- will be paid by all candidates in cash in the Department separately.
Bachelor of Physical Education or B.P.Ed is an undergraduate course dealing with sports and physical fitness. The course basically introduces the individual to the domain of all sort of sports activities and its related knowledge. It is a vast course which is specifically meant for persons with sports background. Any student who has successfully cleared his 10+2 with 50% marks in any stream is eligible to apply and go through with this course.
B.P.Ed is a course which teaches various disciplines of physical activities. It is a sports based course. It describes the theory of ancient and medieval Vedic Yoga. All in one it takes you to next level of amazing sportsman spirit inculcated through training in sports and knowledge of various kinds of dynamic physical exercises.
Any person who has keen interest in sports and fitness and is ready to choose this as his or her career option can opt for this course. The course in itself provides for a wider sports training and thus it becomes obligatory for the person to perform sports activities during the course. Therefore anyone who can easily go for a fit and sporty lifestyle can opt for the course.
Candidates have to fulfill any one of the following criterion:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the inter college/Inter zonal/ District/ School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education with 45% marks.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied Physical Education as one compulsory/elective subject.
- Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks and having participated in National/Inter University/State Competitions or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in inter college/Inter zonal/ District/ School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India.
- Bachelor’s degree with participation in International competitions or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in National/ Inter-University competition in sprots and games as recognized by respective federation/AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India
- Graduation with 45% marks and atleast three years of teaching experience (for deputed in-service candidates i.e. trained Physical Education Teachers/ Coaches).
For B.P.Ed., age as on July 1, 2017 must not be more than 25 years as per High School Certificate.
The written test includes questions on the basis of the syllabus of qualifying bachelor of physical education course. It will be conducted in two-hour time duration and total marks awarded for the test is 100. Those who pass the written exam are short-listed for physical fitness test. Those who pass this level can expect admission to the course
- Written Test – 30 Marks
- Physical Fitness Test – 30 Marks
- Games Proficiency – 20 Marks
- Sports Achievements – 10 Marks
- Interview – 10 Marks
Physical Fitness Test
- Shuttle Run 4 X 10 m. – 6 marks
- 50 mts Run – 6 marks
- Sit ups (One minute) – 6 marks
- 600 Yard Run – 6 marks
- Standing Broad Jump – 6 marks
Final Merit List
Only those candidates will be considered who have participated in the written test, Physical Fitness Test, Game Proficiency and interview.
Final merit for admission to B.P.Ed. will be prepared out of a maximum 100 marks. This will be determined by adding the marks obtained in the written test (30 marks), Physical Fitness Test (30 marks), Game Proficiency (20 marks) and interview (20 marks).
Order of Merit will be determined as follows:-
- If two or more candidates have secured equivalent marks/rank in the merit Index, then the merit for admission will be determined as follows:-
- If the marks secured in the entrance examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at Graduation examination.
- If the marks secured in the Graduation examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at Class 12 or equivalent examination.
- If the marks secured in the Class 12 examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks at High School or equivalent examination.
- If the marks secured in the High School or equivalent examination are same in such cases first preference will be given to the older candidate.
- Candidate shall be entitled to weightage (if any) on the merit index.
The admission to the courses is done on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance exam and physical test.
For more detail of Lucknow University B.P.Ed Admission 2017 – Download Brochure.