MAH MBA CET 2020 – State CET Cell, Maharashtra, has announced the MAH MBA CET 2020 Result. Maharashtra MBA Common Entrance Test (MAH MBA CET) is a state-level test conducted for admission in MBA and MMS courses in the management colleges in the state. Shortlisting of candidates is done based on candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. Check more information on MAH MBA CET 2020 like exam schedule, pattern, syllabus, admission process, etc from this page.
Latest: MAH MBA CET 2020 Result has been released. Check here!
MAH MBA CET 2020
Candidates can check the important dates and events related to MAH MBA CET 2020 from the schedule given below.
|MAH MBA CET 2020||Dates|
|Online Application Begins on||10 Jan 2020|
|Online Application Ends on||15 Feb 2020|
|Issuance of Hall Ticket|
|Entrance Exam Date||14 & 15 Mar 2020|
|Result Declaration Date|
Update on MAH MBA CET 2020 Result
Uday Samant, Minister of Higher Education And Technical Education (Maharastra), has twitted the status regarding the MAH MBA CET 2020 Result. Check the screenshot of official twitter handle is given below.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Result
State CET Cell publishes MAH MBA CET result 2020 in the form of a merit list and scorecard at mahacet.org. To access the merit list no login is needed, however, to download the scorecard, registration number and password are needed. MAH MBA CET 2020 merit list is not used as valid document for admission but the scorecard is. Based on the score obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, they are shortlisted to appear for DTE Maharashtra counseling or CAP.
The candidates are given two types o scores via MAH MBA CET 2020 result, they are:
CET score out of 200: The CET score is the raw score that is calculated using the below given formula:
Raw Score = Total number of correct answers x 1
CET percentile: MAH MBA CET 2020 is held in 2 shifts, thus scores are equated to get a percentile score. The percentile score determines how many candidates have scored less than or equal to the candidate in the exam. The formula to calculate percentile score is:
R = P / 100 (N + 1), where R is the Rank, P is the percentile rank, and N is the number of items in the distribution.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Counselling
Qualifiers in the entrance exam are eligible to participate in the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). DTE Maharashtra holds the counselling process in online mode. To participate in CAP, candidates need to register for the counselling process, fill in choice of course / college. Based on the merit in the entrance test, choices filled and availability of seats, candidates are allotted a seat.
The counselling process include:
- Online registration and uploading of documents
- Document verification
- Display of provisional merit list
- Submission of grievance on merit list
- Display of final merit list for Maharashtra state, All India, others
- Display of provisional category wise seats ie SEAT MATRIX for CAP round 1
MAH MBA CET 2020 Reservation Policy
Candidates can check the reservation of as per the different categories mentioned below.
|Category||Reservation Percentage (%)|
|Schedule Caste and Scheduled Caste Convert to Buddhism||13.0|
|Vimukta Jati/ De Notified Tribes||3.0|
|Nomadic Tribes 1||2.5|
|Nomadic Tribes 2||3.5|
|Nomadic Tribes 3||2.0|
|Other Backward Class||19.0|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Class||16.0|
MAH MBA CET 2020 Score Accepting Institutes
Below are some of the top institutes in Maharashtra that intake admission based on MAH MBA CET 2020 scores:
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune, Pune
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR), Mumbai
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Navi Mumbai
- N L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development, Tathawade
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- IES Management Institute, Mumbai
- Rizvi Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Atharva Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- MIT School of Business (MITSOB), Pune
- MIT School of Management (MITSOM), Pune
- Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai
- MET Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Kohinoor Business School, Mumbai
MAH MBA CET 2020 Admit Card
Registered candidates can download MAH MBA CET admit card 2020 from the official website, mahacet.org. To download the admit card, candidates have to log in using registration number / roll number and password / dat e of birth. No hard copy of it is sent to the candidates via post. Intimation for downloading MBA CET hall ticket is also sent through email / sms at candidates registered email id and mobile number.
What to Carry to MAH MBA CET test center?
On the day of the test, candidates need to carry the list of following documents to the allotted test center:
- Printed copy of MBA CET hall ticket with candidate’s photo pasted on it, preferably the same as provided during registration
- Photo Identity Proof in original like PAN card / passport / driving license / voter’s card, etc.
- One Ball point pen.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) have to bring duly filled Scribe form if applicable.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Before proceeding to start your preparation for the exam, it is important that you must be well-versed with the exam pattern. Check detailed MBA CET 2020 exam pattern below:
Mode of exam – It is a computer-based test.
Duration of the exam – The entrance exam is of total of 2.5 hours (150 minutes).
Language of the exam – The questions asked in the entrance test are in English language only.
Type of questions – Candidates have to solve objective type multiple choice questions in MAH MBA CET 2020.
Marking scheme – For a correct answer, you will get +1 marks and there is ni negative marking for an incorrect answer.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions for MAH MBA CET / MMS CET from the table below:
|Name of the topic||No. Of questions||Marks|
|Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehensions||50||50|
MAH MBA CET 2020 Syllabus
Now that you have knowledge of the distribution of questions, the next step is to know the syllabus for the test. MBA CET syllabus consist of the important topics from which questions are asked in the test. State CET cell has provided the syllabus for MAH MBA CET which can also be downloaded from the link below.
MAH MBA CET Sample Questions/Model Papers
MAH MBA CET 2020 is conducted in online mode. Here you can check the sample question paper for getting the idea of how the questions asked in the examination.
- Click here to get the sample Questions/Model Papers for MAH MBA CET.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Important Books
As this is an examination which is conducted for the management discipline, so there are ample number of books that are available in the market for MBA. Here are some books that are given here for the preparation.
|Target MH-CET (MBA/MMS) by Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|TARGET MH-CET (MBA / MMS) by Ravneet Singh||Buy Here|
|5 Mock Tests for MH-CET (MBA / MMS) by Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert MAH – MBA / MMS CET 2020 Maharashtra Common Entrance Test by Sarafaraz Yousuf||Buy Here|
|Maharashtra CET-MBA with Solved Papers & Mock Papers by R.K Jha||Buy Here|
MAH MBA CET 2020 Test Centres
MBA Common Entrance Test is going to be held in many cities of Maharashtra as well in other cities of India too. Check the complete list of MBA CET 2020 test cities from the table below.
Test Centre outside Maharashtra
- Delhi / Delhi NCR
5% of the seats of total sanctioned reserved seats are for candidates belonging to PWD candidates.
About State CET Cell
State Common Entrance Test Cell is an agency introduced by Govt. of Maharashtra to conduct Common Entrance Test in the state for different courses. It conducts test for various courses and all the govt. Aided college and private institutes takes admission on the basis of score in the entrance exam. All the candidates who want to get admission in institutes belonging to Maharashtra state need to appear in common entrance test for the respective course.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Application Form
The application form for MBA CET 2020 is available online at mahacet.org. It is best that you should open the registration form in browsers like Internet Explorer 9+; Google Chrome 30+ ; Firefox 20+. To apply for the entrance exam, candidates must submit only one application, in case, multiple application is submitted, only the latest valid (completed) application will be retained.
How to Fill MBA CET 2020 application form?
- Go to the official website and click on the ‘New Registration’ link
- Enter the details like name, e-mail id and contact number to register for the exam.
- Fill the application form with personal details, contact details and academic details.
- Click the ‘save and next’ button to save all the details entered in the form
- Upload the documents such as photograph and signature
- Pay the application fee and finally submit the form.
Application Fee: The application fee for MAH MBA CET 2020 is given below.
|Open category candidates from Maharashtra / outside Maharashtra, J&K migrants||Rs. 1000|
|Backward Class Categories and PWD candidates (Maharashtra)||Rs. 800|
Mode of Payment: The application fee is payable by online mode through debit card/ credit card/ internet banking/ IMPS/ cash cards / mobile wallets.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the examination candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for the exam. Detailed eligibility criteria to appear in exam is provided below, candidates can check it here.
- Should have completed a minimum 3 year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any of the UGC recognized institute with aggregate of 50% for open category and 45% for Reserved category. OR
- Appearing in the final year of bachelor’s degree to be awarded by the UGC recognized institute/ University.
MAH MBA CET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : MAH MBA CET 2020 will be conducted in the online mode
Ans : It is going to take place on March 14 & 15, 2020.
Ans : The exam will be conducted for the duration of 150 minutes.
Ans : Logical Reasoning is the section that carries the maximum number of questions and is of 75 marks.
Ans : Yes, it is objective in nature and consists of multiple-choice questions.
Official Website: mahacet.org
For more information about MAH MBA/MMS CET 2020, download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.