MAH HM CET 2020 – As per the official notice released by the authorities, the MAH HMCET 2020 is postponed. MAH HM CET 2020 is conducted for admission into the first year of the four-year full-time graduate degree course in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT). Candidates can apply online on cetcell.mahacet.org, official website. It is a State Level Examination conducted in Online mode. Candidates must have passed HSC or its equivalent examination and obtained at least 45% marks in Aggregate (40% for PwD and Backward Class Category), to appear in MAH HM CET 2020. Registration for MAH HM CET 2020 starts in the month of February 2020. For details follow this article.
Latest: MAH HM CET 2020 exam date has been postponed. Check official notice from below.
MAH HM CET 2020
Admissions to B.HMCT are based on the Merit / Ranks obtained by the Candidates in the Entrance Examination. To stay updated with important events related to MAH HM CET 2020, refer to below given table:
|MAH HM CET 2020||Important Dates|
|MAH HM CET 2020 Registration starts||02 Mar 2020|
|Last date to apply for MAH HM CET 2020|
|MAH HM CET 2020 Admit Card download|
|MAH HM CET 2020 Exam|
|MAH HM CET 2020 Result declaration|
MAH HM CET 2020 – Postponed Notice
MAH HM CT 2020 Application Form
Commissioner, State CET Cell’ is the Competent Authority that invites Applications for MAH HM CET 2020. Candidates must have passed HSC or its equivalent examination and obtained at least 45% marks in Aggregate (40% for PwD and Backward Class Category), to apply for MAH HM CET 2020. Candidates must apply for MAH HM CET 2020 online on the official website only. No other mode of application is accepted.
Apply here: Click here to apply for MAH HM CT 2020.
|Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A),NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC and SEBC] & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||Rs. 600/-|
Mode of Application Fee payment : The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Note: Application fee is non-refundable and non transferable under any circumstances.
MAH HM CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be an Indian National
- Candidate must have passed HSC or its equivalent examination
- Must have obtained at least 45% marks in aggregate (at least 40% marks in aggregate for backward class category and Persons with Disabilities candidates belonging to Maharashtra state only)
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET
MAH HM CET 2020 Important Books
Some important books candidates can refer to prepare for MAH HM CET 2020 Examination are given below:
|Important Books||Available at|
|Maharashtra Hotel Management CET||Buy here|
|Guide for Hotel Management||Buy here|
|Hotel Management Exam Guide||Buy here|
|A new approach for Reasoning||Buy here|
|General Knowledge Capsule||Buy here|
MAH HM CET 2020 Preparation Tips
- Hotel Management is a course one can pursue to kickstart a career in the hospitality sector. Candidates need to prepare with constructing their General Awareness and basic concepts of topics asked in the Entrance Examination.
- A thorough analysis of the pattern of the examination regarding negative marking, different categories, and the marking schemes, etc. plays a pivotal role in the cracking of the examination.
- It is very important for a student to be regular with the basic rules and practice them.
- There are regular mocks and topic tests which help you monitor your performance. Take Mock tests and Solve previous Year Question Papers. It will help you understand the nature of Exam.
- Focus on understanding the concepts throughout your preparation. Do not adopt rote learning technique. Understanding helps you to remember the concepts for a very long period of time.
- For Hotel Management Entrances always keep yourself updated with General Knowledge and Current Affairs. Study and prepare with the best Online and offline resources available.
- Lastly brush up all your basic concepts of 10th and 12th standard. Also work on your English writing and comprehension skills.
MAH HM CET 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the exam pattern for MAH HM CET 2020:
- Mode of Examination: Online
- The medium of CET: English
- Test duration: 90 minutes
- Total number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: MCQ
- Marks/ question: +1 mark
- No Negative Marking
|Topics||No of Questions|
|Reasoning (Verbal and Arithmetic)||30|
|General Knowledge & Awarenessincluding questions on current national,international affairs, culture, trade &commerce, sports, scientific inventionsand discoveries, travel/tourism etc.||30|
MAH HM CET 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for MAH HM CET is issued by the competent conducting body. Candidates can download it from the official website for online test. Admit Card is also sent through email/SMS. The candidate is required to use Registration Number/Roll Number, Password/Date of Birth for downloading the Hall Ticket. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the Hall Ticket preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with Admit Card. No candidate is allowed to enter the Examination Hall without valid MAH HM CET 2020 Admit Card.
Things to carry in Examination Hall : Candidates must carry these things at the day if Examination:
- MAH HM CET 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof (PAN Card/ Passport/ Permanent Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card etc)
- One Ball Point Pen
MAH HM CET 2020 Result
Result for MAH HM CET 2020 is released online on the official website in the form of PDF. The competent authority releases the Results after successful conducting of examination. The Result will contain Registration number, Roll number, Name of the candidate and Marks out of 100. Candidates must check their Result and download it in PDF Format for future reference. Candidates can also check their individual Results using their Registration number and Roll number on the official website. The Result will also display the Total percentile scored by the candidate.
MAH HM CET 2020 Score Calculation
The Scores of Online Examination will be obtained by adopting the following procedure:
- Number of questions answered correctly by a candidate in each objective test is considered for arriving at the Corrected Score.
- The Corrected Scores so obtained by a candidate are made equivalent to take care of the minor difference in difficulty level, if any, in each of the objective tests held in different sessions to arrive at the Equated Scores (Scores obtained by candidates on any test are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of scores of all the forms.)
- Test wise scores and scores on total is reported with decimal points upto two digits.
Commissioner, State CET Cell
Government of Maharashtra has established a State Common Entrance Test Cell (CET CELL) under Admission Regulating Authority (ARA) as per the provision in Section 10 of Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2015. The Competent Authority shall conduct the MAH-B. HMCT-CET 2020 for admission to first year of four-year full time graduate degree course in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT), for Academic Year 2020-21.
About MAH HM CET 2020
The Competent Authority shall conduct the MAH-B. HMCT-CET 2020 for admission to the first year of the four-year full-time graduate degree course in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (HMCT), for Academic Year 2020-21. The admissions will be based on the score of CET, provided they are approved & recognized by Government of Maharashtra and are affiliated to
any of the Non- Agricultural University in Maharashtra State.
Official website – cetcell.mahacet.org
For more information about MAH HM CET 2020 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.