India’s one of the top deemed to be a university, Manipal University is now popularly known as Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). MAHE is ranked 1st among Research Publications by private universities in India. The Manipal Unversity offers many UG and PG courses but we will discuss Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019 here.
The department which provides the Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019 came into existence the in year 2009 as Department of Public Health. The department offers the Master in Public Health in Environmental and Occupational Health, Epidemiology, Maternal & Child Health, MPH (Global Health), MPH (Health Policy) streams. The students can take admission in any one streams. The university grants the admission in MPH directly by conducted an interview and the marks in graduation level. MU provides the admission in 02 years (semester based) MPH course in 05 streams. The candidates who are seeking admission into MPH course in the academic year 2019 can register now.
Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019
The university was established in 1956 and is Deemed to be University. The founder of the University is Dr. T. M. A. Pai founded this as Kasturba Medical College as India’s first private college. Now the University has over 28,000 students from 57 different nations live. The university is affiliated with UGC and MHRD. It has a wide campus of 600 acres and provides the facilities of Library, Laboratory, innovation centers, health facilities etc.
|Manipal University M.Tech Admission 2019||Important Dates|
|Registration For MPH||10 Oct 2018|
|Conduction of Interview for admission||Jun 2019 (Expected)|
|Declaration of result||Jun 2019 (Expected)|
Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019: Eligibility Criteria
The students are curious about the eligibility of the course provided by Manipal University.
|Nationality||Indian nationals, Foreign nationals, Non-Residents Indians|
|Age Limit||No age limit prescribed|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in any Health Science discipline with an aggregate of 60% marks|
Note: Indian citizens can apply in general category and Foreign nationals, Non-Residents and Indian nationals supported by NRI relatives can apply under the Foreign/NRI Category.
Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019: Course Offered
There are five streams under the MPH program. The students can check the list of the courses from here.
- Masters in Environmental Health
- Masters in Occupational Health
- Masters in Epidemiology
- Masters in Maternal & Child Health
- Masters in Public Health (Global Health)
- Masters in Public Health (Health Policy)
Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019: Application Process
The application process for MPH Public Health Admission is open. The students can apply through the link provided above.
The application fee for Masters in Public Health is Rs. 600/- for Indian candidates. While on the other hand the FR/ NRI have to pay Rs. 2500/- as application fee.
Mode of Payment: For making a payment you can use a Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking Details etc.
How To Apply?
There are three significant steps to complete the application process of MPH admission. At first, you need to visit the official website of Manipal Unversity. Then proceed for the registration. The detailed steps for the application process are provided below.
#Step – 1 Registration
When you click on the link provided above you will be redirected to the registration page, where you have to provide the following details.
- Your Name
- Your Email ID
- Mobile Number
#Step – 2 Provide Personal Details
The second step is significant, the candidates have to provide all the personal details like
- Date of Birth
- Parents Name
- Contact Details of Guardian
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Permanent Address etc.
The page for the details looks similar to this image.
# Step – 3 Course Selection and Providing Educational Details
In the next step, the candidates have to choose the course in which he/she wish to take admission. In addition to this, they have to provide the details of there highest qualification until today. The candidates have to provide information such as:
- Education Qualification
- Last Institute Attended
- Board/ University
- Passing Year
- Programme Name
#Step – 4 Making Payment
At last the candidates have to pay the application fee. On entering the details the payment gateway opens. Here candidate can use their Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking Details for making payments.
Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019: Selection Procedure
There is not an entrance exam for the admission MPH course. At first, the students have to fill the application form. Then the University releases a list for the candidates who apply for the course. The merit list is based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the current qualifying exam.
The list contains the more names than the seats available for the course. Later all the shortlisted candidates are called for the interview. After conduction of the interview, the candidates will be selected for the course. Then the qualifiers have to attend the counseling process.
Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019: Fee Structure
|Master of Public Health||274,000||13,900|
Caution Fee: Rs 10,000/- (Indian) USD 200 (International), the candidates have to pay caution fee along with the first installment fees. The candidates have to pay the caution fee separately.
Note: Fees are subject to change without notice. The fees at the time of admission are the actual fees payable. Disputes, if any, will be redressed under the University rules and regulations.
Manipal University MPH Public Health Admission 2019: Curriculum & Career Opportunities
While taking admission the candidates should look at the curriculum of the course. The curriculum includes
- Fieldwork for integration of theory and practice (hands-on experience)
- Participation in seminars/workshops/conferences
- Presentation of papers at national and international seminars/conferences.
The candidates who will complete the 02-year degree program will have the following options to pursue their career
- An MPH student can become a Counsellor.
- Or a Psychiatric and medical social worker
- Or a Research consultants and trainer
- Or an Entrepreneur.
Method of Assesment During The Course
In each course, for the assessment of the students, some parameters are defined. In the same way, the assessment of the students in MP will be done as follows
- By conducting an internal examination twice in the semester.
- By conducting the University exam for each subject at the end of each semester.
- The attendance of the student should be minimum 75% each semester.
- Written examination and assignments and presentation will be another factor of assessment.
Manipal University Admission 2019
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is offering admission to more programs.
- Manipal University BA Admission 2019
- Manipal University BBA Admission 2019
- Manipal University B.Tech Admission 2019
- Manipal University M.Tech Admission 2019
- Manipal University B.Pharm Admission 2019
- Manipal University M.Pharm Admission 2019
- Manipal University BA Media and Communication Admission 2019
- Manipal University MBA Admission 2019
- Manipal University B.Arch Admission 2019
- Manipal University M.Arch Admission 2019
- Manipal University Bachelors of Hotel Management Admission 2019
- Manipal University BSc Admission 2019
- Manipal University BSc Nursing Admission 2019
- Manipal University UG Allied Health Sciences Admission 2019
- Manipal University MCA Admission 2019
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.