MDU Distance Education Admission 2020 – The last date to submit MDU Distance Education Application Form 2020 is now extended to May 08, 2021. Aspirants can submit the form with a late fee of Rs. 2500/-. Maharshi Dayanand University DDE has also released the revised notification on its official website i,e., mdu.ac.in. Interested candidates can fill the online application form before the last date and the application form will be available at the official website. MDU DDE offers various UG and PG degree courses in several disciplines like BA, B.Com. and B.L.I.Sc & MA, M.Sc, M.Com. and M.L.I.Sc. are offered to the candidates. Admission to all the courses is based on merit in the qualifying examination. Scroll down below for all the detailed information regarding MDU DDE 2020.
Latest: DDE has entended last date to submit MDU Distance Education application form 2020. Scroll down to Apply.
MDU Distance Education Admission 2020
Directorate of Distance Education (DDE), Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU) was established in 1975 in Rohtak, Haryana. Schedule for MDU Distance Education Admission 2020 is given below:
|Availability of Application Form||31 Mar 2021|
|Last date to fill the form|
08 May 2021
MDU Distance Education 2021 Application Form Date Extended
MDU Distance Education Admission 2020 Revised Notice
MDU Distance Education Admission 2020 Application Form
The candidates who would be filling out the application form are advised to read the instructions carefully so that they don’t commit any mistake during the filling out. Candidates seeking admission in MDU Distance Programmes can apply online in various disciplines for this session after the online submission of the form, the university will provide Registration number to each student individually, which should be kept safe for future references.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the Application form for MDU Distance Education Admission 2020.
A print copy of the Online Admission form along with requisite documents including proof of payment of fees, etc. should be submitted to the Directorate of Distance Education, MDU Rohtak (Haryana) within the stated deadline schedule, failing which the application of the candidate for admission summarily may be rejected.
Documents and details needed to fill the MDU DDE Application form:
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature
- Scanned Thumb impression
- Senior Secondary
- Degree (if required)
- Computer with good internet connectivity
- Google chrome is the desired web browser to fill the Application form
Specification of images
|Thumb Impression||JPG/JPEG||50 KB|
Note: Keep save your individual username and password for login. Fee can be paid through e-challan only at Axis Bank. Candidates needs to require the application form along with the asked documents in the Directorate as per Admission Notification, failing which the admission wouldn’t be considered.
Following are the steps to fill the MDU DDE application form:
Step 1: Fill the application form to get Student Registration Number and Password through SMS, email as well on the Computer screen
Step 2: Login through this Student Registration Number & Password in the same link from which you registered earlier
Step 3: After successful login, fill personal details such as name, address, qualifications, Programme opted for, upload required images and click on the make payment button to get print copy of Challan
Step 4: Pay your charged program fee with Challan in any branch of Punjab National Bank or Axis Bank
Step 5: After depositing fee in the bank you will receive a new Password through another SMS and email
Step 6: Login through Student Portal with the help of Student registration number and Password
Step 7: Select subjects and get a print copy of Application Form which is to be submitted in the office of Directorate of Distance Education, MDU, Rohtak
MDU Distance Education Admission 2020 Programs Offered
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Master of Arts in (1) Hindi, (2) English, (3) Sanskrit, (4) Political Science, (5) Public Administration, (6) Economics, (7) History
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Library and Information Science
MDU distance Education Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Selection to all the courses is offered on the basis of merit. The basic eligibility criterion for all the courses is passing 10+2 with English as a compulsory subject and Graduation respectively from a recognized board.
For B.A./B.Com. (Part-I)- A person who has passed one of the following examinations, with English as one of the subjects, is eligible for admission to B.A./B.Com.
- (10+2) Senior Secondary Examination from the Board of School Education, Haryana, Bhiwani or
- Diploma in Pharmacy Course with english as a main subject (for B.A. only) or
- 3-Year professional diploma programmes conducted by the State Board, Haryana State Board without passing English and Hindi subject at 10+2 level for admission to B.A. and B.Com. courses only or
- 2-Years Diploma Courses under the Department of Technical Education, Haryana, Panchkula and affiliated to Haryana State Board of Technical Education, Panchkula is equivalent to 10+2 Course of Senior Secondary Level awarded by Haryana School Education Board, Bhiwani or
- Any other examination recognized by the Academic Council of the Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak as equivalent to the above mentioned point.
For B.A./B.Com (Part-II/Part-III)- The candidate shall be promoted automatically to the next semester unless the candidate is detained from appearing in an examination on any conditions
For M.A. (English/ Hindi/ Public/ History/Sanskrit/ Economics/Administration/ Political Science/)- Bachelor’s degree of 3 year duration or any other examination recognized by MDU, Rohtak or as equivalent.
For M.Sc.Mathematics- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years duration with Mathematics as a compulsory subject in each year or any other examination recognized by MDU, Rohtak as equivalent.
For M.Com. (Previous)- B.Com.(Hons)/BBA/BA with Economics/Commerce/Marketing/Insurance as a subject or any other examination recognized by MDU, Rohtak as equivalent.
For M.A. (English/ Hindi// Public Administration/Sanskrit/ Economics/ Political Science) (Final), M.Sc. (Mathematics) (Final)/M.Com (Final)- The candidate shall be promoted automatically to the next semester unless the candidate is detained from appearing in an examination on any conditions
Note: Candidates with compartment in any qualifying examination in master’s degree shall not be allowed for the admission process. Moreover, passing the graduation examination in one sitting shall not be allowed admission to M.Com/M.A./M.Sc as well.
Fee Structure of MDU Distance Education Admission 2020
Fee Structure for newly enrolled students during Academic Session 2020-21 are here under. However this is the previous year’s fee, however it is expected to be the same this year too:
Total Fee Payable at the time of Admission is:
|Name of Programme||Annual Fee for General Category||Annual Fee for (i) SC/ST category of Haryana only (ii) Working defence personnel upto the level of JCO (having no financial aid) (iii) University employees/wards /spouse|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||7350||5100|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)||7900||5650|
|Master of Arts (Hindi)||7900||5150|
|Master of Arts (English)||7900||5150|
|Master of Arts (Sanskrit)||7900||5150|
|Master of Arts (Economics)||7900||5150|
|Master of Arts (Political Science)||7900||5150|
|Master of Arts (Public Admn.)||7900||5150|
|Master of Science (Mathematics)||8900||5700|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com.)||8900||5700|
Fee Structure for old students
|Name of Programme||Annual Fee for General Category Students (in Rupees)||Annual Fee for (i) SC/ST category of Haryana only (ii) Working defence personnel upto the level of JCO (having no financial aid) (iii) University employees/wards/spouse|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||7000||4750|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)||7500||7500|
|Master of Arts (Hindi)||7500||4750|
|Master of Arts (English)||7500||4750|
|Master of Arts (Sanskrit)||7500||4750|
|Master of Arts (Economics)||7500||4750|
|Master of Arts (Political Science)||7500||4750|
|Master of Arts (Public Admn.)||7500||4750|
|Master of Science (Mathematics)||8500||5250|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com.)||8500||5250|
MDU Distance Education Admission 2020 Examination
- The examinations will be starting from the month of April and may.The examinations, however, can be extended under some compelling circumstances or administrative reasons. The exact dates shall be notified by the institution prior to the exam.
- The date-sheet(s) and Roll numbers/admit cards of all the eligible candidates will be uploaded on the DDE’s website, 10 days before the commencement of examinations which can be downloaded by the candidates. If any candidate does not find his/her Roll No./Admit Card on the website, he/she should contact the Directorate with three passport size photographs for issue of duplicate Roll No. Slip/admit card.
- No representation/request/correspondence relating to the issue of non-receipt or availability of Roll Nos./Admit cards by post or on the website after the theory papers examinations are over will be entertained
- The candidates will be responsible for their actions, the Directorate will not consider the requests of such candidates for refund/adjustment of fee paid by them or any claim for compensation or re-examination.
- The supplementary examinations of students having compartment/re-appear shall be held on the dates to be notified by the Controller of Examinations
Instruction to Candidates
- The admission of students for the programmes offered are made once in a year as per the schedule notified
- The study material will be provided to the students from the Directorate of Distance education only on production of Identity card issued by DDE or payment of fees.
- The Students Support Services Camps are beneficial for the students, hence they are advised to attend
- The students are advised to visit the official website of DDE and to keep a tract on all updates of venue and schedule
- The students are advised to contact the concerned Course Coordinator and get themselves registered after the notification has been released
- Out-stationed students are advised to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging. The students are required to bring their own note-books, pens, pencils, etc
- Detailed programme/ time-table shall be made available at the SSSCs on the first day of the problem-solving session
- Any change in the programme/venue/time of the SSSCs or problem-solving session will be notified on the DDE’s website prior to the exam
About Maharshi Dayanand University
Maharshi Dayanand University is a university in Rohtak, Haryana, India. It is accredited with an ‘A+’ grade by NAAC. Established in 1976 and named after the saint Dayananda Saraswati, the university offers courses in a number of fields of study at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Besides offering courses on campus & Distance mode, it is a collegiate university which provides programs through colleges, institutes and centers throughout the region.The university was established as Rohtak University in 1976 following the passing of Act No. 25 of 1975 of the Haryana Legislative Assembly (voted on in 1976), with the objective of promoting interdisciplinary higher education and research in the fields of environmental, ecological and life sciences. It was renamed Maharshi Dayanand University in 1977 after the visionary and social reformer, Maharshi Dayanand.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.