MGIMS PG Admission Merit List 2017
The merit list of the candidates will be prepared by the Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram after the last date of receipt of online applications and notified on the college notice board and on website at a later date.
Any objection or representation received within 6 hours of the notification of the merit list would be considered by the Dean who shall, if necessary, make modifications after placing the objections or representations before the P.G. Selection Committee and the final merit list will again be notified on the college notice board before the counseling.
|Display of merit list||31 Mar 2017 (8:30 AM Onwards)|
|First round of counselling/admissions||07 Apr 2017 (8.30 AM to 5.00 PM)|
|Second round of counselling/admissions (last round)||17 Apr 2017 (8.30 AM to 5.00 PM)|
Determination of Merit List
On the basis of online application forms, and selection process, a provisional merit list will be prepared. The total marks obtained in the NEET PG 2017 score / marks will be tabulated for merit calculation after making the following additions or deductions as the case may be:-
- In determining the merit, the weightage in the marks shall be given as an incentive (additional marks) at rate of the 10 % marks for completed one year compulsory rotatory internship from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Sevagram and 10 % marks obtained for each year of service in rural area at NGO recognized and posted by Dean MGIMS Sevagram up to maximum of 30% of the marks obtained in NEET PG 2017. For each extra attempt, a deduction of 5% of the maximum marks of the subject in which candidate has failed will be made from the above aggregate.
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks the in PG NEET 2017 merit of such candidates will be determined in the order of preference as under:
- The candidate with higher aggregate marks (converted into percentage) at First, Second and Third M.B.B.S. Examination (Part-I & II) taken together shall be preferred. If the tie still persists,
- The candidate with higher aggregate marks (converted into percentage) at Third M.B.B.S. Examination (Part-I & II) will be preferred. If the tie still persists,
- The candidate with higher aggregate marks (converted into percentage) at Second M.B.B.S. Examination will be preferred. If the tie still persists,
- An older candidate will be preferred over a younger candidate.
- While considering I, II, III MBBS marks and aggregate for above purpose, grace marks and/or NSS marks will not be taken into account.