MGPGI Puducherry BDS Admission 2017 is done through CENTAC and NEET Entrance Exams. Admission to NRI seats are also done through CENTAC. Interest candidates can apply in the relevant entrance exams for BDS seats. The seats allotted under the All India Quota are filled in by the candidates sponsored by the Director General of Health Services (DGHS), Govt. of India through the Entrance Examination conducted on All India basis.
Course offered: BDS (Bachelor of Dental Sciences). The duration of the BDS course is five (5) academic years including one year paid Internship. The BDS degree is awarded by the Pondicherry (Central) University after successful completion of the course.
The sanctioned intake for the under graduate (BDS) course is 40 seats under the following categories.
- Puducherry Domicile – 29
- Non-Resident Indians / NRI Sponsored / Foreign students – 5
- All India Quota – 6
Entrance Exams: NEET, CENTAC
|Last date for submission of filled in application||30 Jun 2017|
|Bds Course Commences on||2nd week of Aug 2017|
MGPGI Puducherry BDS Admission 2017
The application in the prescribed form complete in all respects alongwith copies of all certificates/documents should reach the office of the Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Indira Nagar, Puducherry–605 006, on or before 30.06.2017 by 5.00 pm.
Get Online Application Form here:-
Applications which are incomplete, defective or received after the due date shall summarily be rejected and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- The fee of the application form is ` 2000/- or equivalent in US Dollars by Demand Draft only.
Mode of Payment – All payments shall be made by crossed Demand Draft only, drawn in favour of Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry Payable at State Bank of India, Puducherry.
The admission fee shall be US $ 22,000.00 and amount should be paid in US $ by Demand Draft only. Besides, the admission fee, annual tuition fee of ` 1.10 lakh (Rupees one lakh and ten thousand only) is payable every year. The admission Fee as well as annual tuition fee should be paid immediately when the candidate is selected for admission.
Candidates for admission to the BDS degree course under NRI / NRI Sponsored/Foreign Students should have a pass in the Higher Secondary examination (Academic) conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of any State Board i.e. 12th standard or any other equivalent examination thereto as recognized by the Pondicherry Central University, candidate for admission to BDS course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination. NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Students shall be treated as general category only.
Age Limit – Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31-12-2017. No upper age limit is prescribed.
For Admission to BDS course (NRI/NRI Sponsored / Foreign Students)- Selection of candidates for admission to BDS Degree courses will be based on the National Entrance Examiantion Test (NEET) conducted by Directorate General of Health Services, Govt. of India Score only. The candidates are required to attach the Xerox copy of the NEET Rank and Score.
Basic Requirements for Admission:-
- Five seats (5) of the BDS Course at Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences (MGPGI) are permitted to be filled in by Non-Resident Indians / NRI sponsored/Foreign students for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Admissions under the above mentioned category are made to the I year BDS course based only on the NEET – 2017 marks obtained by the students. NRI, NRI Sponsored / Foreign Students can appear for NEET-2017 U.G. When more than one candidate have got the same marks in the common merit list (i.e. the merit list prepared by the Board). The ‘inter-se merit’ among such candidates shall be determined “in the order of priority” as specified below :-
- Percentage of actual marks in Biology / Botany & Zoology.
- Percentage of actual marks in Physics.
- Percentage of actual marks in Chemistry
- Date of Birth (Older age to be considered).
For more details of MGPGI Puducherry NRI BDS Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.