MGUMST MD MS Admission 2017 – Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur has issued the notification for admission in various PG (MD/MS) courses for the session 2017-18. Admission will be done on the basis of NEET PG 2017. Candidates can check the detail of MGUMST MD MS Admission 2017 through NEET PG like courses, seat intake, application process and some other important information on this page below.
A Notification regarding Admission on Vacant Seats is released – Check Here
The Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology (MGUMST), Jaipur will make admission on 85% of the total intake of Postgraduate MD/MS seats (65 out of total 76 seats) excluding 15% (11) NRI seats from NEET PG 2017.
MGUMST MD MS Admission 2017 through NEET PG
Only the candidates who have qualified the NEET-PG 2017 shall be eligible for admission. Admission to the Postgraduate Courses of MD / MS shall be done on the basis of merit marks obtained by candidates at National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi, Govt. of India.
The application form can be downloaded from the university website (www.mgumst.org). The downloaded application form shall be accepted only with the prescribed cost of the application form in cash (to deposited in the University Accounts Department) or Bank Draft in favour of Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur, Payable at Jaipur
Last date for submission of Application Form was 10 Feb 2017.
- Application process is over…!!!
Cost of Form Including Registration
- Rs. 7500 (For NRI Quota Seats)
- Rs. 1500 (For General Pool Seats)
Duly filled in application form must be brought in person or submitted through post in the office of the Registrar, Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Sitapura, Tonk Road, Jaipur – 302 022 before the last date.
Downloaded application forms shall not be accepted without cost of the application form. Bank Draft Amounting to Rs. 7500 (NRI Seats) or Rs. 1500 (Other than NRI Seats), as the case may be, should be in favour of Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology payable at Jaipur.
- Every student, being selected for admission to postgraduate medical course shall possess recognized MBBS degree or equivalent qualification. He/she must have qualified NEET-PG 2017 conducted by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. No candidate of any category (including NRI quota) shall be eligible for admission to MD/MS courses in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital if he/she has not qualified NEET-PG 2017. In addition, the candidate should have obtained permanent Registration with the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils or should obtain the same within one month from the date of his admission, failing which the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled;
- The candidates must have completed satisfactorily one year’s compulsory rotatory residential internship (CRRI) on or before 31.03.2017 after passing Final MBBS professional Examination successfully.
- In the case of a foreign national, the Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the entire duration of the postgraduate training, may be with the restriction to the medical college/institution to which he is admitted for the time being exclusively for postgraduate studies; however temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered as medical practitioner in his own country from which he/she has obtained the basic medical qualification and that his degree is recognized by the respective Medical Council or appropriate authority.
For NRI Quota Seats
- 15% of total number of seats available in MD / MS courses have been earmarked for category of Foreign Nationals / PIO / NRI / Children or ward of NRIs (in short called NRI quota)
- n addition to the above eligibility, students from other countries should possess passport, visa and exchange permits valid for the entire period of their course of study in this Institution and should also observe the regulations of both central and state governments regarding residential permits and obtain no-objection certificate etc., from time to time.
- The candidate should have a provisional “Student Visa”. If he/she comes on any other visa and is selected for admission, he will have to first obtain a student visa from their country and then only he/she will be allowed to join the course. Therefore it is imperative to obtain provisional student visa before coming for Counseling.
Number and subject wise available PG (MD/MS) seats in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur are given below.
Total seats in various MD / MS, PG degree program (Permitted / Recognized by MCI & Central Govt.) available for NEET-PG 2017 qualified candidates – 76
- 15% of the total seats earmarked for NRI category candidates i.e. Foreign Nationals / PIO / NRI / Children or Wards of NRI / NRI sponsored candidates – 11
- Remaining 85% of the total seats for other than NRI category candidates – 65
- 50% – All India Quota – 33
- 50% – Domicile of Rajasthan – 32
Details of seat matrix is as below
* Number of subject wise allocation of seats within the NRI quota seats may be interchanged depending upon the number of applications received for admission in the mentioned quota.
** 1 seat of Radio-Diagnosis – recognition status is under consideration by Medical Council of India & counseling on this seat shall be done only after the recognition is approved.
Selection of Postgraduate Students
Admissions on all the 76 seats including 11 seats of NRI Quota shall be made on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test NEET – PG 2017 conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE) New Delhi governed by the Rules and Regulations specified by the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare/Directorate General Health Services/and orders of Hon’ble Courts. Candidates, who opt for admission in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur would be admitted to MD/MS Courses on the basis of their merit in NEET – PG 2017. No separate Entrance Test will be conducted by the Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur for admission to MD/MS courses in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Jaipur.
General pool seats (85% of intake capacity) – 65
- Admission on General pool seats (85% of the total seats) will be given as per the seat sharing matrix from amongst the NEET-PG 2017 qualified candidates on merit basis.
- Admission on 50% of these seats which are assigned to the candidates of Rajasthan domicile as per the seat sharing matrix shall be made from amongst the NEETPG 2017 qualified Rajasthan Domicile candidates on merit basis and the reservation on these seats would be made applicable as per the reservation policy of Government of Rajasthan.
- Admission on the remaining 50% of these 85% seats shall be made from amongst the candidates belonging to any other State of the Country on the basis of merit obtained by them in NEET-PG 2017.
NRI quota seats (15% of intake capacity) – 11
15% of the total 76 seats are earmarked for Foreign Nationals / PIO / NRI / Children or ward of NRIs (in short called NRI quota). On these ‘NRI quota seats’ candidates would be admitted on the basis of merit obtained by them in NEET – PG 2017.
Please note:-This admission policy may be changed according to the law prevailing at the time of counseling / admission.
The Counseling will be done by the MGUMST
- Separate counseling will be done for admissions on NRI quota seats (15%) and General pool seats (85%).
- Qualified/Eligible candidates who apply for admission to MD/MS courses in Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital will be informed about the Counseling Schedule in order of their merit cum choice in NEET-PG 2017 through E-mail/SMS on the given mobile phone numbers in the application forms. They will be called for Counseling and for verification of original documents and identification in person. Counseling will be conducted on the specified date and time and the admissions will be done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidate. No change in the choice of subject will be entertained later on. Candidates who do not come for the said counseling will not be considered later on. Candidates coming late during counseling may be considered but their placement will be done only on the existing vacant seats at that time.
- Dates and venue of counseling by personal appearance will be notified on the notice board of the Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Hospital’s office. The same will also be uploaded on the website of the MGUMST – www.mgumst.org. Candidates are requested to visit the website from time to time.