MGUMST MDS Admission 2018 – Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur has issued the notification for admission in various MDS course for the session 2018-19. Admission will be done on the basis of NEET MDS 2018. Candidates can check the detail of MGUMST MDS Admission 2018 through NEET MDS like courses, seat intake, application process and some other important information on this page below.
MGUMST MDS Admission 2018 through NEET MDS
Only the candidates who have qualified the NEET-MDS 2018 shall be eligible for admission. Admission to the Postgraduate Courses of MDS shall be done on the basis of merit marks obtained by candidates at National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi, Govt. of India.
- A candidate for admission to the MDS Course (Master of Dental Surgery) must have a recognized degree of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) awarded by an Indian University in respect of recognized Dental college under section 10(2) of the Dentists Act 1948 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Dental Council of India. He/she must have qualified NEET MDS 2018 conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi. No candidate of any category (including NRI quota) shall be eligible for admission to MDS courses in Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital if he/she has not qualified NEET MDS 2018. The candidate should have obtained permanent registration with the state Dental Council. Candidate not possessing a recognized Dental qualification for the above purpose should secure prior approval of his qualifications from the Dental Council of India before he/she can be admitted to the MDS course of this University.
- Provided that in the case of a foreign national, the Dental Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the entire duration of the postgraduate training restricted to the Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital.
- Provided further that the temporary registration of such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered as the dental practitioner in his own country from which he/she has obtained the basic dental qualification and that the degree is recognized by the respective dental council or appropriate authority.
The application form will be available at the university website (www.mgumst.org). The downloaded application form shall be accepted only with the prescribed cost of the application form in cash (to deposited in the University Accounts Department) or Bank Draft in favor of Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur, Payable at Jaipur.
Duly filled in application form must be brought in person or submitted through the post in the office. Downloaded application forms shall not be accepted without the cost of the application form. Bank Draft amounting to the prescribed cost of the application form, as the case may be, should be in favor of Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology payable at Jaipur.
Number and subject wise available PG (MDS) seats in Mahatma Gandhi Dental College are given below:
- Total seats in various MDS, PG degree program (Permitted / Recognized by DCI & Central Govt.) available for NEET-MDS 2018 qualified candidates – 31
- 100% of the total seats:
- 50% – All India Counselling – 15
- 50% – State Counselling- 16
Details of seat matrix are as below:
Selection of Postgraduate Students
Admissions on all the 31 seats shall be made on the basis of merit obtained by the candidates in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test NEET – MDS 2018 conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE) New Delhi governed by the Rules and Regulations specified by the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare/Directorate General Health Services/and orders of Hon’ble Courts. Candidates, who opt for admission in Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital, Jaipur would be admitted to MDS Courses on the basis of their merit in NEET – MDS 2018. No separate Entrance Test will be conducted by the Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur for admission to MDS courses in Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital, Jaipur.
General Pool seats (100% of intake capacity) – 31
- Admission on general pool seats (100% of the total seats) will be given as per the seat-sharing matrix from amongst the NEET – MDS 2018 qualified candidates on merit basis.
- Admission on 50% of these 100% seats which are assigned to the Indian candidates as per the seat-sharing matrix shall be made from amongst the NEET MDS 2018 qualified Rajasthan Domicile candidates on merit basis and the reservation on these seats would be made applicable as per the reservation policy of Government of Rajasthan.
- Admission on the remaining 50% of these 100% seats shall be made from amongst the candidates belonging to any other State of the Country on the basis of merit obtained by them in NEET – MDS 2018.
Please note: This admission policy may be changed according to the law prevailing at the time of counseling/admission.
The Counseling will be done by the MGUMST:
- Separate counseling will be done for admissions on General pool seats (100%).
- Qualified/Eligible candidates who apply for admission to MDS courses in Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital will be informed about the Counseling Schedule in order of their merit cum choice in NEET – MDS 2018 through E-mail/SMS on the given mobile phone numbers in the application forms. They will be called for Counseling and for verification of original documents and identification in person. Counseling will be conducted on the specified date and time and the admissions will be done on the basis of merit-cum-choice of the candidate. No change in the choice of subject will be entertained later on. Candidates who do not come for the said counseling will not be considered later on. Candidates coming late during counseling may be considered but their placement will be done only on the existing vacant seats at that time.
- Dates and venue of counseling by personal appearance will be notified on the notice board of the Mahatma Gandhi Dental College & Hospital’s office. The same will also be uploaded on the website of the MGUMST – www.mgumst.org. Candidates are requested to visit the website from time to time.
Official Website: www.mgumst.org.
For more details about MGUMST MDS Admission 2018 – Download Official Notification.
Insofar, only official notice and seat matrix of MGUMST MDS Admission 2018 has been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Mahatma Gandhi University of Medical Sciences & Technology, Jaipur releases MGUMST MDS Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.