MH CET Law 2018 examination will be conducted by the Common Entrance Test Cell (CET CELL) established by the Government of Maharashtra. MH CET Law 2018 will be conducted for admissions to the First Year of the Five Year Full-Time Under-Graduate Degree Course in Law for the academic session 2018-19. The test will be conducted on April 22, 2018, across various selected test centres in the state of Maharashtra and outside the state.
The admissions to the following institutes, offering LL.B. 5Yrs. Integrated Course, will be done by the Competent Authority, on the basis of MH CET Law scores.
- The Government College
- All Government Aided Colleges (including Aided Minority Institutions)
- All University Departments
- All University Managed Institutes
- All Un-aided colleges (including Minority Institutions)
MH CET Law 2018 Exam
Candidates who are eligible to fill up the MH CET 2018 Application form will be able to apply online and appear for the test in online mode only. The Application process is going on and will end soon. The candidates can apply from the “application form” link given below. Know the important events of MH CET 2018 Law from the table below:
|MH CET 2018 Law||Important Dates|
|Online application Process starts||23 Feb 2018|
|Online application Process ends|
|Availability of Admit card||11 Apr 2018|
|MH CET Law 2018 Exam date||22 Apr 2018|
|Result Declaration||07 May 2018|
Candidates will be able to access all the detailed information about each event from the quick link section.
MH CET Law 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fit the following criteria to be able to apply for MH CET Law 2018. If any of these criteria are not fulfilled by the candidates they will not be accepted as a candidate for the test.
The candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
The candidate must have qualified 10+2 level from a recognized University of India or Outside or from Senior Secondary Board or Equivalent. Candidates appearing in their 10+2 are also eligible to apply. Given that they are able to provide the proof of their qualification at the time of the admission.
The minimum qualifying marks in the qualifying examination must be 45%. For SC and ST category (candidates belonging to the State of Maharashtra with valid Caste Certificate and Caste Validity from the State of Maharashtra) the qualifying marks are 40%.
The candidate should fulfil the following eligibility criteria following candidature types:
- Maharashtra State candidature:
- (Type A) A candidate who is Domicile of Maharashtra or Born in Maharashtra, or
- (Type B) The Father or Mother of the Candidate is Domiciled in the State of Maharashtra, or
- (Type C) The Father or Mother of the Candidate is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking who is posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submitting the Application Form for CAP, or
- (Type D) The Father or Mother of the Candidate is an Employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking, or
- (Type E) The Candidates passing SSC and or HSC Examination or Equivalent Examination from a recognised institution from a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
- All India Candidature: The Candidates having Indian Nationality and having completed SSC and HSC examination from Outside Maharashtra State belonging to all Categories are eligible under this Category.
- Minority Candidature: The Candidate who has completed his/her SSC and HSC from the State of Maharashtra and is domiciled in the State Maharashtra or Born in Maharashtra belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category. The Candidate will have to record his Minority Type in the CAP Application form to avail this facility.
There is no upper age limit for admission to LL.B 5 Yrs. (Integrated) CET Examination in the Academic Year 2018-19.
But the candidates must note that the case of age cap in law entrance exams is pending in Hon. Supreme Court of India in WP (Civil;) No 1023/2016 and the order passed by Hon. High Court, Bombay in WP 32 35/2016. The admissions to LL.B.-5 Yrs. Course will be subject to the Final Outcome of various writ petitions.
If Age limit is made applicable it will 20 Yrs. age for Open Category Candidates and 22 Yrs. for SC and ST Category candidates from State of Maharashtra only as on 1 st July 2018. All applying candidates should take a note of this.
MH CET Law 2018 Application Form
Candidates will have to apply in online mode only, no other mode of application will be accepted. The application form will also be submitted in online mode, no hardcopy is needed to be sent via post or any other medium.
The candidates must visit the above “application form” quick link to apply online for MH CET Law 2018. Following steps are to be followed to complete the online application process:
- Register online
- Login and fill the application form
- Upload photograph and signature
- Payment of the application fee
- Print the e-receipt and online application form.
Application Fee details:
Read below the details of the MH CET Law 2018 Application Fee
|Category||MH CET Law 2018 Fees|
|For Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Out Side Maharashtra State(OMS) / All India Candidates belonging to all Categories, and J&K Migrant Candidates.||Rs. 800/-|
|For Candidates belonging to Backward Class Categories (SC, ST, VJ/DT – NT (A), NT-1(B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC categories) belonging to Maharashtra State only having valid Caste Certificate and having valid Non-creamy Layer Certificate.||Rs 400/-|
Mode of payment: Online Only via Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/ IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallet.
MH CET Law 2018 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
As per the schedule above, the candidates will have to download their MH CET Law 2018 Admit Cards. The admit card will be issued online only, there will be no other modes available to get the admit card. Although an intimation to download the Hall Ticket will be sent to the candidates on their registered email id and phone number.
The candidate is required to use the following details to access the MH CET Law 2018 Hall Ticket:
- Registration Number/ Roll No
- Password/ Date of Birth
The candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the Hall Ticket, preferably the same provided during registration.
MH CET Law 2018 Exam Pattern
The candidates who aspire to take up law as a career choice should be prepared right from the start. To take up law as a subject in higher studies in the state of Maharashtra, you need to qualify the MH CET Law 2018 Examination and get into best law colleges in the state. Here is the examination pattern for the examination:
Mode of Examination: Online
Type of Questions: MCQs
Total Number of Questions: 120
Time Duration: 2 Hours
Language of the question paper: English and Marathi
Marking Scheme: +1 for each correct answer, no negative marking
|Subject/Section||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
MH CET Law 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of MH CET Law 2018 will have the following topics:
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning
- General Knowledge with Current Affairs
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Mathematical Aptitude
You can get the detailed syllabus and important books to refer from the “syllabus” link provided under the quick links section above on this page.
MH CET 2018 Law Result
The result of MH Law CET 2018 for LLB 5 year course will be published in the form of a merit list which will be prepared category wise. The result will be announced on the official website of the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State at llb5.mhpravesh.in. Candidates will also be able to download the scorecard from the mentioned website which will indicate marks in the common entrance test. Candidates just need to enter the registration number to view the scorecard.
Post MH CET Law 2018 Process
The candidates are advised to visit: www.llb5.mhpravesh.in for Post CET Centralized Admission Process (CAP), link for which will also be provided on www.mahacet.org and www.dhepune.gov.in.
After the MH CET Law 2018 result is declared candidates will get all the details like Seat Distribution, Seats in Colleges of Law, Facilities in Colleges of Law, Internal Reservation for Physically Challenged and Ex and Active Servicemen and Time Table of Admission, Fee Structure etc all in in the Common Admission Procedure (CAP) Information Brochure.
- For more details download the MH CET Law 2018 Information Brochure.
Official Website: www.dhepune.gov.in